Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Jun 2, 2014, 8:39 PM

Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett?

Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich will have a hard decision to make regarding the baseball program. What are the best options? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett?

Jun 2, 2014, 8:51 PM

David good article. We need something. Not sure it is firing Jack or what but it has gone way downhill versus what he typically produced. Program is a shell of its former self

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll admit that I did not like it when TB was released

Jun 2, 2014, 10:01 PM

even though he thought he stood a little above most Clemson fans but this guy has far surpassed that with his statements yesterday. Fire him and move on.

Re: I'll admit that I did not like it when TB was released

Jun 3, 2014, 3:40 PM

Peanut way do you dislike Jack so much?

Jun 3, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett? ]

Fair article! Unlike the cheerleaders for Jack on the Clemson Insider,you painted a realistic picture. However,I see every good reason in firing mr Arrogant and bringing in a new coach now.

Jun 2, 2014, 8:53 PM

Tell your FB friend to get a life! Sounds like one of my relatives.

He must be FB friends w/ peanut or leadtiger or cutiger1989

Jun 2, 2014, 9:53 PM

or melclem or cutiger2012 or thompsoncreektiger or...
cutiger250, litefoot, leftie, sbdy, cdixon, kaplony,
socman2, tomcat, talltater, oneclemson2010, ncorange,
truthorlou, allorangeallthetime, exiled2, davidlee1947,
2000, grover177, wiletigr, streakingtiger, palmettoson,
hphallman, t.i.p., clemtiger117, w3clem1, or...

well you get the point much as we got the fire/retire
Jack point over and over and over. Was hoping someone
would maybe write a song or a poem or make a video just
to say it differently or perhaps more entertaining. Plus
all you rich folks pitch in $$$ for the upgrades. I know
the TigerNet let him go list is much longer so if I left
you off or listed you erroneously, I sorry! Some are hard
to tell or purposely riding the fence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you, but I never had much use for a fence rider.***

Jun 2, 2014, 10:03 PM

Re: I do think that you should measure twice and cut once

Jun 2, 2014, 10:11 PM

but I think we have measured enough already.

These are the sports where money is going to make a

Jun 2, 2014, 8:59 PM

difference. There is also considerably more TV exposure in a certain league due to a certain company.

Very good points though, David. I am glad it's not my decision. This is the 2nd most important coaching job at Clemson.

Did Tommy really say that?

Jun 2, 2014, 9:04 PM

I can't believe he is still trying to make excuses almost 6 years later. But then, maybe I can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never seen Dabo dig in the grass during a game.

Jun 2, 2014, 10:15 PM

One could also say, with great accuracy, that Tommy was successful early on because of RichRod.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never seen Dabo dig in the grass during a game.

Jun 2, 2014, 10:22 PM

yep I think history has shown us that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The two things plaguing our program...

Jun 2, 2014, 9:14 PM

Are attitude and fundamentals.

I like and respect CJL, but he should bow out gracefully now. Losing by two touchdowns and a field goal in the NCAA tourney is embarrassing.

CJL should be a silent partner with our AD to bring the best coach available to the program. Whoever it is needs to be able to recruit.

My two cents.

GO TIGERS!

Jun 2, 2014, 9:14 PM

Great article David, it really hits on all fronts. I have been on the fire Jack bandwagon for awhile now, but if a slightly different direction is what is best for the Clemson baseball program then that is what I want. Whatever it takes to get the facility upgrades we need, and get this program back to it's powerful self. Like you and a lot of other people I'm glad I'm not the one that has to make the decision.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2014, 12:42 AM

Would y'all like for me to talk with Jack. I'll have no problem saying, hit the road Jack, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Jack, and don't come back no more!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2014, 9:21 PM

I am of the younger generation that loves to just fire guys but I think this is a different situation, I don't think you can fire JL I mean I totally agree something is missing and maybe it is Jack and not being completely invested as much as the past but you can't fire this guy like that... Terrible idea. I think some house cleaning needs to be done and bring in some proven young talented coaches. And for the guys that think JL will bow out and all that they must not spend much time around the program or listen to the guy speak, he is very headstrong and will not give this program up like that... I am tired of his arrogance but I think with the facilities and bringing in some young talented coaches to connect with these guys and possibly get more out of them is what is needed first ... I mean look what Jeff Scott does for our football program, wouldn't be where we are or close without that guy.

changes need to be made, but HOFs attitude is what is killin

Jun 2, 2014, 9:28 PM

him. If he would acknowledge issues and address them, instead of getting an attitude about it and basically saying its nobodys business how he runs his program then fans wouldnt be so aggressive in their voice to get rid of him.

because what that crappy attitude says to the fans is, you are stupid and i know what i am doing. i am not making any changes because its not as bad as you make it seem. And while fans are not nearly capable as an AD or coach, most are able to tell when the issues are so obvious and have been for so long. And if we see the coach not wanting to change anything then we are going to call for someone who will change something.

Re: changes need to be made, but HOFs attitude is what is killin

Jun 2, 2014, 9:34 PM

great post.. this sums up my thinking exactly..until he sees changes MUST BE MADE there is no hope!hate to just fire him but is there another option??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facilities, Facilities, Facilities??????

Jun 2, 2014, 10:04 PM

Have absolutely nothing to do with a team committing 89 errors and having consistent mental errors. Jack lost this team early in the year!

Re: Facilities, Facilities, Facilities??????

Jun 2, 2014, 10:31 PM

It does when you are not getting the cream of the crop in recruiting.

Leggett has been screaming for several years about falling behind in facilities and has been extremely vocal about that in the all-coaches meetings and I can tell you that for a fact. He knew it was putting us WAYYYYY behind other schools, like s. carolina and UVA and UNC and others who were heavily investing in baseball facilities and ways to scholarship players.

Many of us live in the past and think every top recruit wants to come to Clemson. That is just not the case.... many of the guys we are recruiting don't have any loyalty to Clemson, but when they go look at s.carolina, UVA or UNC or others.... we are so far behind and it isn't funny.

I think the administration has to take a LOT of the blame for the baseball program going downhill, by not listening years ago when Jack saw the handwriting on the wall.

WCU, GA Southern, NCSU, Liberty, Notre Dame, BC (almost)

Jun 3, 2014, 11:49 AM

and Xavier loses can't be blamed on facilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: changes need to be made, but HOFs attitude is what is killin

Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 AM [ in reply to changes need to be made, but HOFs attitude is what is killin ]

BinGOOO!!!

the problem is that JL cannot relate to the young players

Jun 3, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to changes need to be made, but HOFs attitude is what is killin ]

anymore. It is like watching Bobby Bowden and Frank Beamer here at Clemson. Great coaches in their day, but that day has passed buy about 6 years ago, and everybody knows it except for Jack.

Jun 2, 2014, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett? ]

Look, this is really pretty simple.

"Jack, what in the hell happened this year?"

"Well, Dan, it is like this..."

"You have a solution? Good. Fix it, by the end of next season, or I find someone who will."

Problem is addressed. A "solution" is brought up. If it doesn't work, then the higher boss fixes it.

A state of the art facility doesn't require another coach, it requires good planning from an individual, or group, who knows what they are doing - have done this several times before. You wow the recruits. The old or new coach may not have a hand in it, but they still have a new facility. Pull up the big boy pants and go do your job.

Give Jack a chance to pull his beejeebies out of the vice, with a solid plan, with a solid deadline. I really do hate how both Bowden from FSU and Landry from Dallas were both ousted from their respective programs, after having made them. Obviously, Jack didn't make this program, but he has done quite a lot for it.

No question, we have put up with too much losing. Let the man bow out respectfully, if he will, but have a plan so there are no surprises and no casualties. Have Plan B in looking for a replacement, anyway, cause it will happen eventually.

I thought Matt LeCroy was doing a good job? Where is he in this mess?

Matt LeCroy is not in "this mess". He is the bullpen coach

Jun 2, 2014, 10:18 PM

for theWashington Nationals. Bradley LeCroy is an assistant coach at Clemson.

Re: Fire Matt LeCroy

Jun 2, 2014, 10:46 PM

as a warning shot. :)

Jun 3, 2014, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hood: What are the options with Jack Leggett? ]

This is one of those house cleaning where throwing out the furniture would be the best thing, I believe!!!

I always picture JL as that guy behind the meat counter

Jun 3, 2014, 6:32 AM

No, not the butcher. Can't picture him running things like that. Just that short little guy that cuts and serves the meat upfront. No smile. Miserable. Yep, think he should try that line of work.

Also, always pictured him not being able to cut the chicken properly. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2014, 10:52 PM

The biggest thing that launched DS into a better situation was the firing of Rob Spence. that was a hir that killed Clemson in several games and Tommy nows that to be true.
Any Tiger Netter that says they were saddened by Tommy Bowden's release didn't sit through the ordeal in Groves Stadium the Thursday night before. Seldom have I heard Clemson fans so disgusted and frustrated with any Tiger team and staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can't hit, can't field, and can't pitch.

Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 PM

Not surprisingly, we don't do well against ACC and SEC teams these days. These are not new problems for our team.

If I were Radakovich, I would demand some answers from Leggett. I would look for some humility as well as some acceptance of responsibility. And I would ask him how he plans to fix it. If any of these do not happen, I would fire him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: We can't hit, can't field, and can't pitch.

Jun 3, 2014, 12:57 AM

And that has not one thing to do with facilities as some want to fall back on in Jack's defense. Facilities would have helped Jack in recruiting, but not at all in coaching up the ones he had. Any coach can win with a barn for facilities when he has all 5 star players that don't need much coaching at all!!!

I think that has tons to do with facilities

Jun 3, 2014, 3:26 AM

Our talent level has been dropping dramatically in recent years. We don't have a roster full of blue chippers like we used to. Every mistake seems amplified b/c we don't have a lineup out there that can get it right back. We don't have pitching depth that is full of guys that can go out there and just shut teams down. We have a lot of things lacking and I think it starts with our roster itself more than coaching. True, the roster is the Head Coach's responsibility, but one of the main draws for that roster is scholarships and facilities and that fact is there are a lot of schools that have better stuff to offer out there.

Re: We can't hit, can't field, and can't pitch.

Jun 3, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to We can't hit, can't field, and can't pitch. ]

I like your response and agree 100%

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2014, 12:34 AM

There is one thing that I know is a fact. My post history says I'm not a fire the coach type just b/c they have had a bad season or two. My opinion on Jack is a 100% that he should go, and he should go within a day or two. The quicker he is gone, the quicker we can start a new with Clemson Baseball. His arrogant attitude toward the fan base b/c of his own failure made my mind up. You just don't slight your fan base over your own doings. And when you do, you don't blame someone else b/c you cut your own nose off to spite your face. To me, that is exactly what Jack has done with the fan base. Bye Jack, thank you for the 21 years, but Clemson Baseball badly needs a change.

You forgot the third option-transition him into some sort of

Jun 3, 2014, 5:33 AM

administrative role. Not sure he would agree to it, but what about making him head of out of state baseball recruiting?

Re: You forgot the third option-transition him into some sort of

Jun 3, 2014, 11:35 AM

he just might IF DRad gave him a choice;; resign, get fired or the one I prefer...... a job in admin!!not connected with the baseball program in any way!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2014, 6:17 AM

I don't get this give him 1 more year idea. It just puts off the inevitable and wastes a year that could be used to get back on track. What if he has a good year next year? Do we then extend his contract and ignore the steady decline over the last few years? This should be a decision based on results, not legacy for 1 coach. The results over the last 5-7 years are good if there are no aspirations to be great. It's not like Jack has won national championships. In fact, his teams have choked in Omaha. Time to man up, make the tough decision and move on.

what about these two coaches

Jun 3, 2014, 11:12 AM

Don't know there names but Cal St. Fullerton and the coach at Rice, there always good seems like every year but they tend to stink it up in the super regionals. But one thing is for sure Jack needs to go, I think he has lost his touch.

Jun 3, 2014, 8:12 PM

Great article with sensible thoughts to consider which is what needs to take place in this decision. Whatever it is!

seems like the obvious choice would be to go after

Jun 3, 2014, 8:14 PM

Vanderbilt's coach but sadly we probably couldn't get him.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic