Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Clemson AD releases statement on Jack Leggett and baseball program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Clemson AD releases statement on Jack Leggett and baseball program

Jun 1, 2014, 1:52 PM

Clemson AD releases statement on Jack Leggett and baseball program

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Clemson AD releases statement on Jack Leggett and baseball program

Jun 1, 2014, 2:00 PM

Oh Snap !

I give AD credit for at least commenting on the issue so

Jun 1, 2014, 2:00 PM

soon after the season ends. What next, though?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I give AD credit for at least commenting on the issue so

Jun 1, 2014, 2:06 PM

watching some of the game yesterday, with Leggett and Boulware exchanging words on national tv wasnt cool at all.
Honestly I think they give him one more yr.

Hire, or identify, the coach in waiting for next

Jun 1, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to I give AD credit for at least commenting on the issue so ]

season, Jack's final before stepping down with full honors regardless of how the team finishes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hire, or identify, the coach in waiting for next

Jun 1, 2014, 2:13 PM

I would like Tim Corbin but if not the coach from Liberty will be fine with me.

No way do we want loud mouthed, fat butt Toman!***

Jun 1, 2014, 8:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Hire, or identify, the coach in waiting for next ]

Jim Toman is of the Ray Tanner coaching tree not sure he would come to Clemson.

Jun 2, 2014, 12:55 PM

it would be an upgrade / promotion ! Im pretty sure he would accept if offered

Jun 2, 2014, 3:26 PM

Can't argue with that logic. However, there may be other younger options that can reestablish connections with top prep programs in SC, Ga, and Fl. It feels like Leggett gets one more year. I don't like it but it won't change who I'll pull for next season.

Re: I give AD credit for at least commenting on the issue so

Jun 1, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to I give AD credit for at least commenting on the issue so ]

I got a pretty quick response back from D Rad of an E-Mail I sent this morning. It didn't say much, but he did answer back. Something that TDP didn't do much of.

His Email to me.

Henry,
Thank you for the email concerning our baseball program. I have received more than two dozen over the last few days. While I am unable to respond in detail to each email, please know I read every correspondence and I understand the frustration that was mentioned in many of the notes. I appreciate and share the passion that so many have for Clemson baseball. Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Dan Radakovich
Director of Athletics
Clemson University

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No it did not......AGAIN!***

Jun 1, 2014, 2:03 PM

Re: BSB Update: Clemson AD releases statement on Jack Leggett and baseball program

Jun 1, 2014, 2:04 PM

Sounds like AD Rad is prepared to give Jack one more year to improve. Won't happen...

yeah I think they will probably give him

Jun 1, 2014, 2:11 PM

One more year. But honestly I don't think we should. Imo, I think we need to go ahead and move on

Its on like Donkey Kong Jack!!!!***

Jun 1, 2014, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2014, 2:36 PM

sounds like Rad is getting barraged. As he probably should based on how they have looked most of the year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not perzactly yer vote of confidence.

Jun 1, 2014, 2:45 PM

I didn't read the normal platitudes about being 100% behind the coach. Quite the opposite.

Exactly. If they were 100% behind him and were not

Jun 1, 2014, 3:37 PM

considering other options, they would have said so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 1, 2014, 3:16 PM

If he does not fire him or Jack does not resign...all previous contracts should be null and void and he be given a one yr contract....get to Omaha next year or it is your last. He won't make cause he stays too uptight!!

Whatever it is that happens

Jun 1, 2014, 3:20 PM

Jack has been a part of the Clemson Family for over 20 years, which is almost all of my life. I just hope the AD's actions are respectful of Jack's place in the Family.

Jun 1, 2014, 3:30 PM

18-1, one game does not determine a season or a program but this was a bad team that never got any better...pick the area, all were poor to bad...any prospect that next year will be any better?....if Jack leaves, I hope Rad knows who is available worthy of coming to Clemson...

18-1 is an anomaly, a fluke

Jun 1, 2014, 8:31 PM

And you kind of have to throw those out the window when making overall considerations. Our second loss of the tournament was a lot more painful IMO because it was against a team we should have beat, and beat badly.

What about the blowout losses to ND, WC,

Jun 1, 2014, 8:57 PM

Pitt; NCSU series loss, sweep by chickens?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

None of those were close to 18-1

Jun 2, 2014, 7:51 AM

Bad losses? Certainly. Even a few blowouts. There is certainly a trend of bad baseball. But 18-1 is a statistical blip. To me the loss to Xavier is a lot more indicative of the state of the program than the loss to Oregon.

Jun 1, 2014, 3:34 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15411185#15411185

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I want whats best for our baseball program.***

Jun 1, 2014, 6:16 PM

Re: I want whats best for our baseball program.***

Jun 1, 2014, 6:19 PM

I think ALL of us do;; how to do that is the problem... IMHO Jack has lost this team and program and will not get it back

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has lost the fans for sure.***

Jun 1, 2014, 6:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2014, 6:35 PM

Our baseball team hasn't recovered from sc beating them twice to advance to the final series many years ago!!!!

If you want to provide any input into the baseball program's

Jun 2, 2014, 8:36 AM

future, then you need to send D-Rad a letter ASAP. I put mine in the mail this morning. Unfortunately, I think it is time for a change.

Jun 2, 2014, 9:31 AM

He should have said, I'll have a talk with Jack about backing into the tournament and not winning a game....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic