Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar

May 30, 2014, 10:13 AM

Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying there's a chance....***

May 30, 2014, 10:15 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: So you're saying there's a chance....***

May 30, 2014, 12:20 PM

This guy who said we'd go 8-4 needs to find another business because predicting college foot all sure isn't something he knows anything about.
We will go at least 10-2 and it is not impossible to go either 11-1 or yes 12-0. If our D plays like it did against OSU, tell me who will beat us?---- Particularly if we rush the crab man and deliver some clean but hard hits early. Our O is going to be much more diverse with lots more tight end play. I predict that one of our new receivers will emerge as a big time player in addition to all that return.
I would mind a big piece of that clown that said 8-4 --in terms of a nice, juicy fat even up bet!! and you????

May 30, 2014, 8:50 PM

All over it. I think our team will be even better this year, and that is taking into effect Tahj and Sammy are gone. We will be just fine, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2014, 11:23 PM

This Tiger team will not have the pre season hype but that may be a good thing. Just wait and see. I predict a loss at UGA and wins over FSU and SCAR.

May 30, 2014, 11:32 PM

That would be best case scenario. Lose to UGA but win out and win ACC. 11-1 and make playoffs.

We could win every game. I'm not convinced the dawgs will be great, or USuCk. FSU will be really good but you never know what could happen. I'm not that scared of their home field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we

May 14, 2016, 9:44 PM

catch some breaks all these national people may be upset by us making the playoff. ;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think ANYONE knows how good our O is going to be.!

May 30, 2014, 10:33 AM

Very much unknown but I think we will surprise the critics.

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think ANYONE knows how good our O is going to be.!

May 30, 2014, 10:51 AM

When have they ever been right with their projections an opinions. Never, and they maybe surprised, but I don't think there will be that many Clemson people surprised. We know what is going on around Clemson. And they only know what's going on in the sec, especially at Bamma!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2014, 7:18 PM

They said the same thing two years ago when Clemson had the youngest team in FCS football, won the ACC, and advanced to the Orange Bowl.

May 30, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to I don't think ANYONE knows how good our O is going to be.! ]

I'm concerned how good the offense will be early. It may be a work in progress this year.

The defense likely wont even be as good as last yr

May 30, 2014, 10:55 AM [ in reply to I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we ]

lost two starting LB's. Lost both starting CB's. Shuey was the QB of the defense. We dont know what we have in Steward, Boulware, O'Daniel, and TJ. Are they ready for primetime? Losing Breeland is going to hurt more than most expect. Mac Alexander has all the talent in the world, just no experience, it'll take him a while to gain that experience, but in the mean time we play UGA and FSU early on. And who's going to man the other CB position. Whomever it is, its a step down from last year. We still dont have a safety that wont give up huge busted plays. I like Kearse a lot, but he's all or nothing. Gets fooled way too easy. If the defense is as good as last year, I think we've gotten away lucky.

No, it will be very good. One of the best Clemson has had in

May 30, 2014, 10:58 AM

a long, long time.

Re: The defense likely wont even be as good as last yr

May 30, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to The defense likely wont even be as good as last yr ]

Excellent and deep defensive line, very good and deep linebackers, good to very good nickel back and secondary average. Also, a good punter.
Our line and linebackers will make our secondaries job a little easier.

We dont know how good the LB's are going to be

May 30, 2014, 11:28 AM

none of them have played more than a few snaps in garbage time. So, to say great backers is just an assumption on your part. I HOPE they are good, but I'll take the position of wait and see before making wild speculations.

Obviously, Stephone is the exception, we know what we have

May 30, 2014, 11:29 AM

with him

Re: We dont know how good the LB's are going to be

May 30, 2014, 7:34 PM [ in reply to We dont know how good the LB's are going to be ]

I'll say that: "Anthony will set the tone, and Steward will be the clean-up guy. Nothing but sweetness from these two guys this season. Just sit back and enjoy."

May 30, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to The defense likely wont even be as good as last yr ]

We will have the best if not one of the best defensive front seven in college football who will make life alot easier for our much aggressive secondary, whom will have some easy picks this year. Anthony and Steward will be one of the best LB duo in college football this year; mark my word. Just sit back and watch these fellows bring some pain to the opposing offenses this season.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

May 30, 2014, 9:27 PM [ in reply to The defense likely wont even be as good as last yr ]

Tell'em Coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we

May 30, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we ]

I'm afraid we also don't know how good our defense can be. We know corners and safeties will be improved but will they be improved enough?

How do you KNOW corners will be improved?

May 30, 2014, 11:31 AM

Losing Robinson, Peters, and Breeland, that's a ton of experience and playing time gone. I agree Mac Alexander should be good. He's got talent, but zero experience. And we dont even know who's starting at the other corner spot. Most likely, who ever starts there will not be as good as Peters/Robinson was. And as for safety, Robert Smith is Robert Smith. Good tackler, average speed, average range. Kearse HAS to improve a lot over last year. He got burned WAY too many times.

You really "Cootering" up today with your doom and gloom

May 30, 2014, 12:11 PM

for the Tigers. LOL>

Huh? Honest, factual statements is "cootering" it up?

May 30, 2014, 12:23 PM

Wow.

We have to replace both starting OLB with inexperienced guys and people here think they're going to walk in and automatically be better than what we had? Multi-year starters? Yea right. People here think Mac Alexander is going to walk in and be automatically better than a 4th round NFL draft pick? Yea right. Even Venables has said that a Senior is ALWAYS better than a 5 star recruit. And we dont even know who's going to start at the opposite corner spot, but again, a young guy with NO experience is going to be better than TWO multi-year starters? Yea right. Lets be realistic. By the end of the year these young guys could be better than the guys they replace....maybe. But then you're also expecting a 100% success rate, that never happens. We also play our two toughest games, UGA and FSU, very early in the year when these guys will have little or no experience.

Re: Huh? Honest, factual statements is "cootering" it up?

May 30, 2014, 7:49 PM

2 & 3 year starters don't have a 100% success rate. Every year all teams have to replace starters including Fsu who won the national champion. Auburn who made to the national championship with many more replacement players and much more younger players on defense than Fsu. This mean that there can't be anymore freshman all-american or no more RS-freshman player winning the Heisman because they don't have a ton of experiences to bring with them into a football game. I guess you forgot the 2011 season when we were the youngest team in FCS college football. That wasn't a successful year RIGHT.

Re: I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we

May 31, 2014, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I don't think ANYONE knows how good our D can be. If we ]

Good teams create their breaks without waiting for them to happen. And I personally believe our 2014 Defense will create many breaks by breaking down and stopping our opponents offense. If Cole can move the ball against our first team defense, he will move the ball against our opponents defense also. With Cole weighing in at 230 pounds, he should also be able to move our offense in the air, or on the ground as Tajh done. Those national people, they don't know what the new face of Clemson FB can or can't do. I'm believing their tone will change after they see us in a real game where their last year stat sheets won't count.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar

May 30, 2014, 10:33 AM

Just consider the source-ESECPN.

what were the odds in 2011 with games 3,4 and 5 ???

May 30, 2014, 10:41 AM

And how did that turn out ?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as meaningless as that is, I'll post along

May 30, 2014, 10:43 AM

@ uga 40 % (home field)
@ fsu 25 (need ro play much better on both sides of the bal)
Usc 60% recent history not on our side but we won't have 6 turnover this year.
Recent trend also says we lose no other game.
9-3 with a shot at 10-2.

Re: as meaningless as that is, I'll post along

May 30, 2014, 10:44 AM

> @ uga 40 % (home field)
> @ fsu 25 (need ro play much better on both sides of
> the bal)
> Usc 60% recent history not on our side but we won't
> have 6 turnover this year.
> Recent trend also says we lose no other game.
> 9-3 with a shot at 10-2.

May 30, 2014, 10:43 AM

1-2 after 3 games.....offense way too young to win on the road in Athens or Tally.

HA HA HA HA! We will see Dawg. We will see.

May 30, 2014, 10:47 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: HA HA HA HA! We will see Dawg. We will see.

May 30, 2014, 1:49 PM

I imagine he had them winning last year, too.

Right

May 30, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar ]

So what are you going to do since you lost...everyone hahahahah

May 30, 2014, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar ]

Um... don't you have a leg to go hump puppy?...

Too young?

May 30, 2014, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar ]

10 of the 11 starters are juniors and seniors on offense

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You sir, need to quit making so much sense around here!

May 31, 2014, 5:20 AM

We don't take kindly to that! ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2014, 11:14 AM

I honestly think we have a good shot at beating both UGA,and USC,but on the road against the defending national champions Seminoles,I don't think so.
I'm looking at 10-2 with the loss at Florida State plus one other game that we might even be favored in,but either the ball doesn't roll our way,or we get Ron Cherry as the referee.

Does UNC scare you even a little?

And these same FOOLS stated that:

May 30, 2014, 11:22 AM

Clemson would not go to the Orange Bowl last year, then...

after we were selected for the OB these FOOLS said we would not win it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just a computer model...***

May 30, 2014, 1:36 PM

Re: And these same FOOLS stated that:

May 31, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to And these same FOOLS stated that: ]

Those very same Idiots that you speak of, they will not skip a beat at being the fools that most know they are. And there will be those that will use their garbage as a matter of fact.

He's not using the "force", it's not with him.***

May 30, 2014, 11:31 AM

Can we post this in the locker room please?***

May 30, 2014, 11:32 AM

May 30, 2014, 12:01 PM

Mr. Coot himself Travis Haney wrote the article......I will leave it at that......

38% vs Coots should be changed to: 38% + DV = 110% IMO!

May 30, 2014, 12:03 PM

GoTiGERS..git er done MEN, and start your ONEpeat!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar ]

In fairness to Travis, he picked us to be a darkhorse playoff/NC contender. One of this year's 'surprise' teams. I think he's just siting someone else's work.

May 30, 2014, 12:42 PM

We're behind the 8-ball this year for one reason: schedule. We picked the absolute worst year to have a front-loaded schedule.

We lost our starting QB, a guy who's taken almost every meaningful snap for the last three years. We lost our starting RB, and our two starting WR's - including a guy who was a once-in-25-years-type talent in Sammy Watkins. And perhaps the most meaningfully, we lost our starting left tackle.

Yes, yes, great teams don't rebuild, they reload...and Clemson has the talent on hand to do that. The problem is, you don't just seamlessly replace all that and hit the ground running without a stumble...and unfortunately, you do not want to be on the road at Athens and Tallahassee when you're working out kinks, and you don't want to host programs like UNC and Louisville early - who are, aside from the Seminoles, the only meaningful ACC opposition we're likely to face this year. That means it's conceivable - not likely, but conceivable - Clemson could be 1-4 to start the season, 2-3 is entirely possible, and 3-2 would be doing well. If Clemson goes 4-1 in that stretch...well, it's probably time to e-mail the Playoff Selection Committee, because Clemson will have a case, especially when we see the likes of GT, Wake, and Syracuse down the stretch.

Front-loaded schedules can be killers, and ours is as front-loaded as it gets. Wrong year for that; Clemson's coaches are going to have to coach their fannies off it to get through it with the ACC title and playoffs still within reach.

May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

Both teams will be working out keens, down the stretch those teams will be meeting Clemson.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic