Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Throwback Thursday: Woody Dantzler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Throwback Thursday: Woody Dantzler

May 29, 2014, 2:49 PM

Throwback Thursday: Woody Dantzler

In part two of our weekly Throwback Thursday series, TigerNet catches up with former quarterback Woody Danztler. What keeps him busy? What are his thoughts on the Clemson program? What does he think about Deshaun Watson, and what advice would he give Cole Stoudt? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Throwback Thursday: Woody Dantzler

May 29, 2014, 9:32 AM

one of my all time favorites. a great player and ambassador for us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2014, 10:36 AM

Down to earth dude

One of the most gifted athletes that I have ever watched

May 29, 2014, 10:45 AM

playing live. He made moves to avoid going down that very few can do. Nice to see this story about him and how he was able to get out of the cultural trap that he was in. Nothing against O-burg.....it's just sad what people will throw at you when you try to better yourself. I am proud to call him a Tiger!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: One of the most gifted athletes that I have ever watched

May 29, 2014, 9:50 PM

as someone from Oburg it really is pretty terrible. It is poorly educated, racially tense town that is far behind in alot of a ways. However, I can say that it does produce some the nicest and most giving people you will ever meet. Unfortunately, there are only so many diamonds that can be squeezed out of a coal mine.

May 29, 2014, 10:49 AM

Great Tiger both on the field and off.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love stories like this one. Clemson is a Family!***

May 29, 2014, 10:54 AM

May 29, 2014, 10:56 AM
woody #1.jpg(536.4 K)

This says it all

May 29, 2014, 11:09 AM

Great article. Woody has always been one of my favorites. He sets a high standard.

May 29, 2014, 11:14 AM

To say that Woody was exciting is an understatement-he was an absolute joy to watch play and that shootout he was in against NC State was unbelievable and CRAZY!

May 29, 2014, 11:34 AM

The shoot out was against tech the week before. He just WENT OFF on NC State.

I was at that NC State game...

May 29, 2014, 12:24 PM

visiting friends living in Apex at the time. Wow, what a game. Easily the best Clemson game outside of Death Valley I've ever been to.

Woody just went off, what was it, like 500+ yards or something? He was just unbelievable.

First time the team busted out purple pants too, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe John Bunting the coach for UNC said of Woody...

May 29, 2014, 11:45 AM

"Thirteen players and a crystal ball, that's the only way I know how to stop him"

In John Bunting's call of the CU-Citadel game

May 29, 2014, 8:23 PM

he was super complimentary of the Tigers. He got very emotional talking about our veterans and soldiers. He's top notch in my book ever since.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woody would've been a monster in our current system

May 29, 2014, 12:00 PM

He was fun to watch. Tajh is a better passer, but Woody was underrated as a passer, he had a strong arm and could make all the throws. With a real QB coach he could've been even better.

Great,great stuff. Thanks Woody for some incredible memories***

May 29, 2014, 12:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thank goodness for people like Woody

May 29, 2014, 12:41 PM

More people should view the world as he.... People are people

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Woody + Our Offense Today ----

May 29, 2014, 12:55 PM

Those quarterback keepers would have been so deadly
with Woody.

May 29, 2014, 1:03 PM

Mr. Dantzler, you make your dad and all Clemson fans proud!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There is no white or black, there are just people."

May 29, 2014, 1:37 PM

Best line in the article.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Amen to that, wish all of us could have that perspective.***

May 29, 2014, 2:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what kind of advice Woody has given Tajh Boyd??

May 29, 2014, 3:29 PM

I KNOW WHICH CLOWNS ARE GOING TO CHIME IN HERE FIRST, but here goes an opinion:

I have said for 3 years now that Tajh is more like Woody D than many people admit. Yes, TB has a stronger arm, but not extremely accurate---Woody didn't have the WR's than Boyd did, but was probably a little better runner. I think that the Jets will give TB every opportunity to be a QB, but with Geno Smith & Michael Vick there that is like 3x the same guy. The Jets were one of the worst teams possible to draft Boyd...he needs to go elsewhere to get what I see as a fair chance to succeed.

Woody ended up returning kicks for the Cowboys (1 TD), RB for the Falcons (1 TD) and FS for the Frankfort Galaxy. Unfortunately for him, I see the same kind of career for Tahj, but hopefully he will stay healthy unlike Woody, whose knee was trashed.

Odd question but...anybody know what pharma company WD

May 29, 2014, 4:35 PM

Works for ?
I'm in the industry myself.
Thx

I was fortunate enough to see him on those two magical

May 29, 2014, 5:05 PM

consecutive weekends in Atlanta and Raleigh when he set the football world spinning. He was a man amongst boys for those two weeks. And I also got to meet the Dantzler family in Raleigh.

Impressive Player & Graduate! Thanks for update ...***

May 29, 2014, 6:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2014, 7:31 PM

Another great article David. Woody spoke from the heart and I'm glad he and his family are doing well. Also, glad he is taking time to check in and visit the current team. He is a great ambassador for the Tigers and glad he took time to speak with you for this article.

Woody Dantzler is why I became a Clemson fan.

May 29, 2014, 10:45 PM

I'm not alumni (I know...I should be shot, right?) and I started out a USuC hater. Just hated the fans.

Then one day I turn on the tv and see this black dude running around like crazy. You have to understand that I had just relatively recently moved to the south at that time and all I knew was that the south was filled with racists and experienced racism (mostly from gaycocks) shortly after moving here.

Prior to seeing him I was nothing more than a casual observer of college football. After seeing him play one game I was hooked...then I went to Death Valley and haven't looked back ever since.

Go Tigers!

A perspective that cannot be...

May 30, 2014, 11:51 AM

ignored despite the best efforts of some to claim he does not exist. Coming from a culture where certain things are just accepted as fact into one where a young man finds an opportunity to make his own reality; I guess I should not be shocked by his wisdom. If we all had such perspective, who knows? Woody is a class act with no chip. My favorite line was "His parents don't play." I am so proud to be a Clemson Tiger and to have attended when Woody did. I wonder if I am having as much of a positive impact on the world. Inspiring!

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

May 30, 2014, 2:39 PM

There were many times when Woody broke free into the secondary that I would just start laughing out loud...Laughing at those poor dudes who knew they could catch him but just couldn't for some reason.
Two long runs at UVa come to mind...just hysterical to watch him shred through defenses.
He was a joy to watch play the game.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic