Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson Summer Depth Chart Announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson Summer Depth Chart Announced

May 27, 2014, 11:25 AM

Clemson Summer Depth Chart Announced

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But what about our skrenth? Are we skrong?***

May 27, 2014, 11:27 AM

Re: But what about our skrenth? Are we skrong?***

May 27, 2014, 11:31 AM

I'm skrong if you skrong.

'Den we skrong!***

May 27, 2014, 11:34 AM

What about "steff?

May 27, 2014, 12:29 PM

Skrength is not a problem at The University Of Clemson.***

May 27, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to But what about our skrenth? Are we skrong?*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Good to see D. Beasley

May 27, 2014, 11:36 AM

Listed at 320, hopefully that is accurate. D Beasley plays a lot better at 320 than 340... Surprised that Sam Cooper is starting TE now. Maybe since we want to run the ball more... That DL is monstrous, Corey Crawford, Grady Jarrett, Josh Watson, and Vic Beasley, wow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect Leggett to beat out Cooper soon enough

May 27, 2014, 11:38 AM

Cooper has more experience and weight on him then Leggett right now

coop seems to be the 1 that doesn't mind getting dirty/nasty

May 27, 2014, 11:45 AM

in the trenches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well other then Cooper the others are converted WRs

May 27, 2014, 11:47 AM

and in HS no WR is used to blocking on the line. You've got to put weight on them and also get them into the mindset of putting a hat on someone. That's no always easy to do. WRs are taught to avoid contact if at all possible and you're now telling them to block a 220+ lbs LB

mmhm, it's a must have in this offense. i don't see leggett

May 27, 2014, 11:53 AM

or anyone unseating coop until they can show that "edge" consistently.

jl's interview was promising, he seemed to get it and ss has always worked hard. it would be nice if stanton's 230 is legit.

Re: mmhm, it's a must have in this offense. i don't see leggett

May 27, 2014, 1:04 PM

I think this TE depth is partially related to the fact that we will be weak at RT and Coop is a great blocker so we might see him in line more this year than in the past. He can still play the Hback too but it will be important to have him help out more with DE's and blitzes. probably more run blocking and delay routes this year from the TE. Honestly I'm predicting less production from TE in regards to the passing game. The receiving corps will be fine even if there isnt an All-American. Good balanced offense this year with a balanced TE.

no offense to giff because he was a gamer, but gore/anthony

May 27, 2014, 1:23 PM

seem to be better suited at least athletically.

with so many receptions missing from last year & a qb that seems more apt to stand in the pocket, go through progressions & check downs, i think the te improves on the 40ish catches from last year.

believe me, i wouldn't be bothered if the run game is the greatest threat to that number.

Re: no offense to giff because he was a gamer, but gore/anthony

May 27, 2014, 3:27 PM

Anthony has been underachieving his whole time here. Gore is a converted DE that has never really shown much either. Giff was the clear starter over those guys and wasnt very good either. I think that we will be hurting there during the UGA game. Especially since David Beasely is out too.

we're not talking about one game, we're talking about the

May 27, 2014, 3:33 PM

course of the season. anthony has looked good and gore has been spoken of having a tremendous ceiling. i can't see either being a drop off over a guy that was forced to leave the game from chronic knee pain.

i'm not selling the rt spot as solid yet, it's just not any worse off than it's been and probably can only improve with 2 much more athletic guys.

can't wait till football season.

CB Starters

May 27, 2014, 11:43 AM

Tankersley and Alexander in over Peters and Jenkins.

I wonder how much of that is trying to motivate our SR DBs and how much of that is the young talent out-playing the older experience.

Alexander and Tank are more talented

May 27, 2014, 11:45 AM

Peter's is still inconsistent, though he was better last year, and Jenkins is still injury prone. But I also can accept that this is sending a message to the seniors as well. Either step up or sit down. Thankfully this gives us good depth in the secondary. I look forward to seeing Adrian Baker as well. When he puts on weight he'll be a good one.

I think Alexander keeps his starting spot

May 27, 2014, 11:46 AM

but Tank probably gets passed by one of the seniors and ends up playing decent 2nd string minutes.

Wouldn't suprise me at all though Tank is a good one

May 27, 2014, 11:48 AM

remember he did spend a year in prep school so he's not really a freshmen imo. Just like Lawson last year I think his talent with translate well to the college game because of that and he'll at least get 2nd team snaps. Honestly if Jenkins and Peters can't beat him out that's a bit surprising imo

I agree, and with Jenkins and Peters both seniors it

May 27, 2014, 11:53 AM [ in reply to I think Alexander keeps his starting spot ]

makes the 2 deep for next year interesting. I think need to watch for Baker as he fills out, and don't sleep on Edmunds. My guess is Baker and Tank fight for the spot opposite Alexander next year.

Re: I agree, and with Jenkins and Peters both seniors it

May 27, 2014, 12:07 PM

No real surprises other than at SLB/NB but that understandable. Burrell in run situation and Blanks in pass situations.

Glad to see Kearse, the playmaker and Smith, the solid senior at safety

RB and DL are easily our deepest and maybe most talented position.

Glad to see Steward getting the green light but I see Boulware pushing him still for playing time.

Alexander was a no-brainer but I expect Peters to fill the other at one point. I've see Martin Jenkins do some good things but the kid can't stay healthy. Tank played very well during the spring game and I'm comfortable with him starting vs. UGA.

One last thing: Will Hopper ever get it together?

Re: I think Alexander keeps his starting spot

May 27, 2014, 4:46 PM [ in reply to I think Alexander keeps his starting spot ]

Tankersley is the real deal and has been mentioned with Alexander throughout spring. And not because Peters is out and Jenkins injured. Peters even talked about the plays Tank and Alexander have been making. This will be a good rotation but Tank will not get passed by because someone is a senior. For those that think that have not been looking at the practices or the spring game. Because clearly Alexander and Tankersley have been the best. The best two corners are listed correctly on the depth chart. Alexander has been talked about and rightfully so but Tank is for real.

Alexander isn't a surprise, that had been telegraphed

May 27, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to CB Starters ]

during spring or even before.

I thought it was be Alexnader and Peters as the starters but they are listed at the same spot, not sure if Peters being out the first game has anything to do with it. And Jenkins had been banged up. I always liked him better at Nickel during his Soph year when he had a good season.

The interesting on to me is Sam/Nickel. I think Blanks emerges there as he gets healthy as does O'Daniel. Would rather see Wiggins challenging Smith at S and starting there next year then mixed up with 4 guys at one spot. There are only so many snaps to go around, all 4 of those guys won't get a lot of snaps somebody either moves of is odd man out.

Dudes. That DL looks like a Danny Ford DL.***

May 27, 2014, 12:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Korie Rogers and Adam Choice

May 27, 2014, 12:10 PM

will more than likely shake things up come fall camp. Both have the potential to start right away if they report to camp bigger, faster, stronger.

Re: FB Update: Clemson Summer Depth Chart Announced

May 27, 2014, 12:10 PM

No real surprises other than at SLB/NB but that understandable. Burrell in run situations and Blanks in pass situations.

Glad to see Kearse, the playmaker and Smith, the solid senior at safety.

RB and DL are easily our deepest and maybe most talented position.

Glad to see Steward getting the green light but I see Boulware pushing him still for playing time.

Alexander was a no-brainer but I expect Peters to fill the other at one point. I've see Martin Jenkins do some good things but the kid can't stay healthy. Tank played very well during the spring game and I'm comfortable with him starting vs. UGA.

One last thing: Will Hopper ever get it together?

May 27, 2014, 12:36 PM

Noticed Jim Brown is back up long snapper. Even though he's pretty old now I'll be he still can play running back.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ Howard

May 27, 2014, 12:39 PM

The only way DJ is the #1 running back has to be motivation. He is terrible. He isn't fast, strong, and he can't hold onto the football. I hope one of the freshman steps up their game.

You don't like his hunched-over-grandma style running style?***

May 27, 2014, 12:59 PM

At least in public Swinney and Morris see it differently

May 27, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to DJ Howard ]

In the past 2 years Brooks has been more productive per carry by far over Howard. But what I keep reading suggests coaches think he turned a corner. We'll see.

Re: DJ Howard

May 27, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to DJ Howard ]

I have no faith. DJ is terrible.

Agreed

May 27, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to DJ Howard ]

Worried about RB, too. Need a strong running game to offset inexperience at skill positions, esp QB.

Also, who gets the first carry of the season?

First carry? Sounds like a superstition.***

May 27, 2014, 2:48 PM

Peake Is Too Valuable ----

May 27, 2014, 12:56 PM

While I do understand Peake could be or is the fastest
on the team. I think I could do without having him
on the kick-off return. I'm sure there are others with
speed that can do this. Peake just appears to be a
much needed, but fragile component, to our team than
to be returning kick-offs.

Why isn't Kellen Jones listed

May 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

Thought he would be back by the start of season?

He will be and will fight for the WILL spot I believe

May 27, 2014, 1:38 PM

Still it's the same reason Adrian Baker isn't listed. This is a very very early and rough idea of how things stand today and as of right now Jones still probably isn't cleared to play well enough to crack the 2-deep

May 27, 2014, 7:58 PM

I called Gore at RT after the spring game. Where is my cookie?

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic