Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson listed as contender for 1st college football playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson listed as contender for 1st college football playoff

May 24, 2014, 10:21 AM

Clemson listed as contender for 1st college football playoff

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson listed as contender for 1st college football playoff

May 24, 2014, 11:03 AM

Nice summer fodder, but let's wait until after we beat South Carolina to dream about a National Championship. I do believe Dabo, Morris,Venables and their team can take us there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

May 24, 2014, 9:26 PM

It's not South Carolina I'm worried about,not even FSU
because even if you win both of those,there are too many other games that Clemson has to win;
The opener at UGA.Both teams will be untested on offense,but we only won by 3 at home in 2013.
A trip to Ga.Tech.Atlanta has not been kind.
A trip to B.C.Definitly a trap game.
A thursday niter,any Thursday niter.
A home game against a team many think can win the Coastal
,ie the tarholes.
Just my opinion,Clemson can finish no worse than 11-1 regular season,and win the ACCCG to have a legimate shot.

May 24, 2014, 9:58 PM

Clemson has become a team that has been solid for the past 3 years, and the coaching staff has had solid recruiting classes. And I think that we have become a solid enough team that we no longer worry about phantom trap games. The trap game term is for schools like BC, GT, NCST, UNCheat, that don't have a clue what to expect from their teams from one week to the other. We are Clemson, we expect to win, and we set schools up to be trapped with a solid game plan that wins games that we expect to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2014, 7:58 AM

True for the most part,but certain schools,namely the Tech's,or Tarholes pride themselves on circling Clemson
on the calender.
While I agree that as Clemson we expect to win,teams with equal talent,or a chip to grind can,and sometimes do develpoe solid game plans which can pull the upset.
But whether you consider it an upset ,or not,any loss will more than hurt Clemson's chances,especially if it's not the noles or the coots.

May 25, 2014, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson listed as contender for 1st college football playoff ]

You say we only won by three as if Georgia was a slouch on offense smh and they scored the last touchdown in garbage time

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2014, 11:15 AM

Let's take this one game at a time, beat THUGA and we are on the right track.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

until we beat the coots i don't care

May 24, 2014, 8:59 PM

what people think we can do. I known Cole can lead us, coach V has the D ready but for Danny Ford sakes this year can we not pull a Phill or a Greg on the back 9.....for the non golfers tham means we don't choke in nov

you tell'me AllOrange! I think this team will surprise

May 24, 2014, 10:42 PM

the nation!

Idk...but I've just got a good feeling & our coaches & players know what's in store for them & what they have to do.
The expectations are & should be high!

Movin'on up.... :)

Re: you tell'me AllOrange! I think this team will surprise

May 24, 2014, 10:58 PM

This year defense will make life easier for this year offense. They will put up a few points on the board themselves. The experience and depth will dominate, create opportunities, and surprise many opponents this season. They will be a joy watch. Just likes the old days. Defensive wins ball games, the Offense makes you look good.

So they think we're likely to win @FSU? Don't think so.***

May 25, 2014, 2:40 PM

Re: So they think we're likely to win @FSU? Don't think so.***

May 25, 2014, 4:10 PM

Losing only 1 game may not exclude us anyway...how many undefeated teams are there typically, do the math. SOS will help us for sure! & IF Free Seafood University beats us, they're the incumbent natty champs...not that terrible (except it sux to lose to criminoles!)

2 ACC teams in 4-team playoff? Don't think so.

May 27, 2014, 11:33 AM

Unless MAYBE we barely lose to FSU, and then both Clemson and FSU goes on to beat everyone else on the schedule and Clemson goes on to CRUSH everyone else on the schedule, and UGA & SCAR end up being highly ranked. It's just not very likely.

Re: 2 ACC teams in 4-team playoff? Don't think so.

May 28, 2014, 12:52 AM

Not Claiming That! Clemson has played very good ball down in Tallie. That without Sammy a couple of year ago. If we'll up 2TDs at the half this year. Mark My Word, This Defense will turn it up Two Notches and probably seal the game with a big time play or turnover. Our Defense will be hungry and thirsty for revenge. WE'RE BRING THE "TOTAL PACKAGE" THIS YEAR. Playing Hard Nose Clemson Defense of Old.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic