Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting

May 21, 2014, 9:33 AM

Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting

Yes, Clemson fans want to beat South Carolina and end the streak, but Clemson's national hopes begin in beating Florida St. and winning another ACC crown. Where does that start? With recruiting. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting

May 21, 2014, 10:24 AM

Beat the Noles and we beat USuC. Talent development is another key. We also have been out recruited in the trenches by both the Noles and USuC. That has to stop. No matter how fancy the game of football becomes games will still be won and lost in the trenches.

Re: New Story: Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting

May 21, 2014, 10:35 AM

I agree. We've done well with that on D and now you're starting to see it on O. Watson is our "winston" and they're building toward him taking us to the promise land. Still...don't ya wanna beat them coots along the way? Yessir!

May 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

Yep, but we will always have to beat the Nole's first and worry about USC later

Correct

May 21, 2014, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Wanna be in the 4-team playoff? Beat the 'Noles on the field and in recruiting ]

We have not emphasized the OL in recruiting and I am hopeful (but dubious) that this years outstanding OL class is the start of many more.

Most of the pieces are in place if we can shore up our OL recruiting. FSU will always be a tough out given their natural advantages in recruiting but it can be done.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think they would have figured this out already in the 1990's

May 21, 2014, 11:08 AM

when we needed facility upgrades, they fired their national championship winning coach, and FSU was beating us every other year like we were Furman.

May 21, 2014, 11:24 AM

In regards to recruiting, I think that Clemson is closing the gap with FSU. The team taking the field this year should be strong and more balanced along with better depth at most positions. The key factor for Clemson is at QB and finding a punishing RB to re- establish the running game that we have not had in last few years. Dabo and the rest of the Coaching Staff have done an outstanding job so far on the 2015 class and have gotten some of the best out there. Key issue is this season. The Tigers have a lot of talent that enrolled in January and more coming in this summer. Returning starters and back ups from last year, along with the freshman should be a good foundation to build on. Work them hard, get everyone on the same page and win one game at a time. USC is at end the season, so worry about that game when it gets here. Primary focus right now is UGA, then SCST then FSU with no over looking someone to the game after!

May 21, 2014, 3:38 PM

Also, our offensive line still has something to prove.

Let me get this whine out of the way...

May 21, 2014, 12:09 PM

One would expect to have to beat the best team in the country (currently FSU) to win the national title. But if we don't beat them, we can't even win the conference title or even our division! OK, I said it and I won't bring this up again in 2014. Beat the Noles!

if we were in sec, we could lose to fsu and still win it all

May 21, 2014, 12:11 PM

that's called the saban plan

Re: if we were in sec, we could lose to fsu and still win it all

May 21, 2014, 12:18 PM

Good point. I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

Re: if we were in sec, we could lose to fsu and still win it all

May 21, 2014, 5:29 PM

well guess what. We aren't in the SEC; weren't invited to join the sec, and won't be anytime soon, so might as well give that a rest.

... as in BURY IT. No desire to see Clemson in the SEC. Not

May 21, 2014, 10:55 PM

now or ever... It's getting ready to be a special situation at Clemson. You'll see soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We proved last year that we could be 1 of 4 in a playoff

May 21, 2014, 12:11 PM

with a loss to the real FSU, but not the coots or the coots, too.

As you pointed out we have also proven to beat FSU's "superior" recruiting classes 6-12 over the past 12 years.

And yes, Clemson has arrived in not only player depth, but also system/player development.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to get FSU early methinks, they will be tough later in

May 21, 2014, 12:13 PM

the season once they've settled in. Stoudt will show what he's made of in Tallahassee. I'm glad a senior will be calling the shots there. UGA will be good exposure preparation for the environment.

Wanna be in 4-team playoff? Beat FSU & SC and other games

May 21, 2014, 2:10 PM

Win them all - that will be only way for an ACC team to enter 4-team playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize had we beat USuCk last year we would have

May 21, 2014, 4:27 PM

either been #2 or #3 heading into the playoff selection, right?

And that's after laying a huge egg in The Valley against FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Devil's Advocate:

May 21, 2014, 4:46 PM

There are rarely more than one team that finishes the season undefeated. If any team deserves the a bid with one loss, it would be a 1 loss team that loses on the road to the #1 team in the nation. Provided its not a blowout.

u can do it!

May 22, 2014, 5:50 AM

I believe SCar's lil run is over. I also feel beating fsu wont be as much of a long shot as outsiders will think. I get that fsu actually put it together for the entire season last year after what feels like 2 decades of the media and fsu fans saying otherwise. Look at West Virginia. They went from running there big dip filled mouths.to sitting at home during the bowl games . I

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic