Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: ACC Baseball Tournament moving to Durham
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

BSB Update: ACC Baseball Tournament moving to Durham

May 15, 2014, 11:07 AM

ACC Baseball Tournament moving to Durham

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Home field advantage

May 15, 2014, 11:09 AM

For Tobacco Road

ACC hypocrisy and double standard at its finest.***

May 15, 2014, 11:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ACC hypocrisy and double standard at its finest. AND

May 15, 2014, 12:42 PM

Clemson takes it with nary a complaint. No wonder the ACC continues with this junk when they know what little pushback they will get.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree....

May 15, 2014, 12:45 PM

at this point even if Clemson did object, the ACC would use the Confederate Flag as its excuse rather than the whole unfair home field advantage argument.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I agree....

May 15, 2014, 1:10 PM

And they have NO leg to stand on.

The Leg they stand-on....

May 15, 2014, 4:02 PM

as foolish as it is, is the NAACP boycott which is supported by the Black Coaches Association.

I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships

May 15, 2014, 11:14 AM

being IN Tobacco Road. HOWEVER, the Durham facility does sound like it is top-notch so that is good.

Greenville should be in the conversation every time and they are excluded immediately because Greenville is in the state of South Carolina. I'll never forgive Swofford for making that decision. But Charlotte should be the home of the tournament moving forward, not Durham. Charlotte is as close to Clemson as it is to the NC schools (closer than some of them). At the end of the day, all schools would recruit better if the reward for making the ACC tournament was a chance to play in Charlotte. Just my opinion.

null

Charlotte is Chapel Hill-SW***

May 15, 2014, 11:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not nearly, but regardless, it's MUCH more neutral

May 15, 2014, 11:26 AM

territory than Durham, Chapel-Hill, Winston-Salem or Raleigh, n'est-ce pas?

null

oui - but I have met A LOT of UNC homers in Charlotte.***

May 15, 2014, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Not nearly, but regardless, it's MUCH more neutral

May 15, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Not nearly, but regardless, it's MUCH more neutral ]

you don't know much about the queen city

In my defense, I've only lived in Charlotte for 14 years.******

May 15, 2014, 5:01 PM

null

Also, if we look at 2012 attendance by school

May 15, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships ]

which is the most recently I could find on NCAA.com, oddly enough...

Clemson - 4,406
NCSU - 1,589
UNC 1,506

Duke and Wake are not listed, which means they averaged less than 1,200.

So this idea that we'll do better with attendance if it is in the middle of Tobacco Road is just a flat-out lie. Clemson alone accounts for about as much as those four schools put together. There is a greater mix of all ACC fans in Charlotte who would go to the tournament there or in Greenville. The Tobacco Road fans who are NOT going to their hometeam's games are NOT going to go to the tournament, either.

null

Durham is 35 minutes(max) from UNC, NCSU & Duke...

May 15, 2014, 5:54 PM

Large alumni base is willing to show up for tournaments. Having three schools that close is a great insurance policy...one good team insures a crowd while two good teams bring very large crowds (see last year). CU NCSU game last year was rocking!

Charlotte would be just as advantageous to both UNC & NCSU, but would help the Tigers.

In my backyard, so I love it...you guys get the regular season!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships

May 15, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships ]

And a good opinion it is

Re: I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships

May 15, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I hate it because I'm tired of conference championships ]

And a good opinion it is

Isn't fsu supposed to be the ones up in arms on this?

May 15, 2014, 11:26 AM

I thought they threw the biggest fit about Clemson's advantage in Greenville if I remember correctly. NC does make geographic sense, but Greenville should be in the discussion as it is just as close to majority of schools.

Yes, Molasses Martin made a BIG stink about the

May 15, 2014, 11:29 AM

tournament being in G'Ville.

Re: Yes, Molasses Martin made a BIG stink about the

May 15, 2014, 1:13 PM

you are correct Mike Martin is the one that cried like the a-hole he is

Yes, the FSU coach raised the initial objection.....

May 15, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Isn't fsu supposed to be the ones up in arms on this? ]

but the ACC has clinged to it like grim death and used it as an excuse (along with the Confederate Flag) to effectively keep the Tournament out of Greenville (or South Carolina for that matter) and in Greensboro and Durham (notwithstanding the obvious home field advantage so doing creates for the Tobacco Road schools). It is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Re: Yes, the FSU coach raised the initial objection.....

May 15, 2014, 11:58 AM

The confederate flag thing is silly.

Put the thing in Myrtle Beach and let's make a beach weekend out of it.

The whole Confederate Flag issue is silly.....

May 15, 2014, 12:38 PM

but the ACC is using it as an excuse to keep the Tournament out of South Carolina and in Durham or Greensboro where they really want it.

Re: The whole Confederate Flag issue is silly..... You have

May 15, 2014, 12:45 PM

cracked the code

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the whole Confederat Flag issue went away....

May 15, 2014, 4:05 PM

the ACC would just come-up with some other lame-a$$ excuse to keep the tournament in NC most years.

Get rid of the flag & find out. "Do unto others as you...

May 15, 2014, 5:57 PM

would have them do unto you." If a large population is offended by a symbol, the Christian act is to eliminate the symbol. It is very simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic