Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 4-star OT becomes lucky number 13 for 2015 recruiting class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

New Story: 4-star OT becomes lucky number 13 for 2015 recruiting class

May 14, 2014, 9:12 PM

4-star OT becomes lucky number 13 for 2015 recruiting class

The Clemson coaching staff picked up commitment number 13 Wednesday when 4-star OT Zach Giella, who grew up rooting for South Carolina, gave his verbal to Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney. What does he say about the decision? What does he think about Clemson's coaches? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom! Welcome aboard big guy. Love you comments and smarts.***

May 14, 2014, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boom! Welcome aboard big guy. Love you comments and smarts.***

May 15, 2014, 1:23 AM

"I'm so excited I just can't stand it. I'm about to lose control and I just can't help it." Okay, I stole that from the Pointer Sisters, but it really expresses my feelings about our recruiting. We are now building from the inside out. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 4th elite OL prospect we've signed for the upcoming class. And I'm sure BV is busy bringing in some hosses--we already have what could be a really tough defense.
I think Cole will turn out to be an NFL type quarterback, and Treyshone Dye will be back. I'm hearing more and more about a former pro baseball player who is about 230 and has speed; has walked on as a RB, and is reportedly a beast. Please share any info.

Re: Boom! Welcome aboard big guy. Love you comments and smarts.***

May 15, 2014, 12:03 PM

The baseball player played in the Spring game... they rebroadcast it last night on ESPNU. probably could find in it on EXPN3?
He made a really nice off tackle run... not the speed of CJDavidson but he did look like he might have been around 230.. looked like he could run with power and good speed maybe 4.5 or so..

Re: New Story: 4-star OT becomes lucky number 13 for 2015 recruiting class

May 14, 2014, 9:18 PM

Funny all the OLine recruiting talk some months ago, and look what Dabo and Co have put together! What an amazing OLine class. These guys are gonna be special together.

Congrats to this young man. Great decision. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2014, 1:25 AM

Amen. Success will beget more success.

May 15, 2014, 2:11 AM

That final OL should be taken by summers end or earlier. Pretty much 3 targets for one spot. Unless Dado decides 1 of them is an over sign guy.

wheres the beef ... look at the 15 recruiting class

May 15, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 4-star OT becomes lucky number 13 for 2015 recruiting class ]

With these guys coming, it looks like they wanted to keep some spots available... :)

This is new territory for Clemson fans

May 14, 2014, 9:20 PM

Landing all these big uglies...is this real?

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

This is our best OL recruitung ever

May 14, 2014, 9:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're adding at least one more too.***

May 14, 2014, 9:48 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: We're adding at least one more too.***

May 15, 2014, 1:28 AM

Who? Please share.

Re: We're adding at least one more too.***

May 15, 2014, 12:01 PM

Bailey is a take. The rest is Dabo's choice. Warikbo or Bouleware I think are takes.

Re: This is our best OL recruitung ever

May 15, 2014, 1:26 AM [ in reply to This is our best OL recruitung ever ]

Without a doubt.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but....

May 15, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to This is our best OL recruitung ever ]

At the 4:27 mark on the first highlight video, ZG tries to cut block a DT by lungeing at the DT ankles and misses him completely.

At the 4:42 minute mark, a quick DE rushes past ZG without being touched.

At the 4:49 mark, ZG (#57) appears to be snapping for a FG attempt and the defender blows past him.

At the 5:44 mark, ZG lunges at the DTs ankles and the DT isn't slowed down at all.

I expect every player to make mistakes but considering that he went to a private school, I wonder how he would hold up playing against stronger competition at bigger schools...Byrnes, Gaffney, Summerville, Greenwood, etc. He's got some of the tools (size), but he's not particularly quick and he obviously needs to work on his technique...a lot. At a minimum, who ever is providing the highlight video should do more editing. I wish this were not the case but it's reality. Hopefully his HS coaches can coach him up his Senior year. I sincerely hope that he developes into a great Clemson O-lineman. I'm rooting for him!

I hate to pee on your wet blanket...

May 15, 2014, 11:38 AM

But I believe Coaches Morris and Caldwell are better judges of talent than you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I hate to pee on your wet blanket...

May 15, 2014, 12:03 PM

Don't sh$%^t yourself while you're peeing. Look at the video. He's definitely not a Hyatt, Green, or Fruhmorgen. There may be good reason to take a chance on him but with 3 studs on board, I think that we could have held out for a less risky prospect that has proven himself (on video) against much stronger competition.

Dude, LSU was pushing for him hard.

May 15, 2014, 12:16 PM

SCar was pushing for him early too.

He's a good get.

Re: Dude, LSU was pushing for him hard.

May 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

I sincerely hope that you're right. He may develop into an awesome O-lineman but there's a lot of work ahead of him. I would start by working on his speed and quickness off the ball. College ball is played at a lot faster pace than where he's at now.

He'll need two years to develop.

May 15, 2014, 1:25 PM

But for being our 4th olineman take he's fine. He's the ideal body and no fat and has a nastiness to him.

There's only one lineman in the same breath as Hyatt and that guy is going to Florida.

The highest rated lineman on our board is Warikobo and if we got him it would be incredible.

Re: I hate to be a wet blanket, but....

May 15, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I hate to be a wet blanket, but.... ]

The guy in the movie "Blindside" went to a private school! Gaines Adams played 8-man football... These guys come into camps at Clemson and the coaches get to see them against good competition! A guy like Jarrett that no one has heard of beats every one he's up against and gets and offer on the spot.
I do not care where they played or how many stars they had.. this coaching staff is really good at evaluating talent. I think every guy they signed in 2009 that played last year has either been drafted or gotten a free agent contract in the NFL except for Darrel Smith and Rod McDowell. I think McDowell is going to get some try outs with a team.. but do not know which one.

May 15, 2014, 12:41 PM

I agree with everything that you said!

May 15, 2014, 1:43 PM

I hate scar as much as anyone but Shawn elliot is a very good OL coach and evaluator of talent at that position and he wanted the guy along with L'S badly whom will continue to try to flip him. Only Hyatt and Jake will probably be asked step in immediately Noah and zach will have the privilege to learn during a redshirt yr. I expect zach and Noah to contribute by their sophomore yr.

May 15, 2014, 1:49 PM

Also out of the remaining targets left btw Bailey, Bouleware, and Wariboko I expect all would redshirt except maybe Wariboko. Crowder will be a starter at guard for years to come. Jay G will probably start at center until he graduates. So immediate help at OG isn't needed but having guys learning during a redshirt yr would be huge for the future.

An hour away from your house? Do you drive 120 mph?***

May 14, 2014, 9:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An hour away from your house? Do you drive 120 mph?***

May 14, 2014, 9:38 PM

LOL I said the same thing when I read the article.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney's Taxi Service***

May 14, 2014, 9:59 PM [ in reply to An hour away from your house? Do you drive 120 mph?*** ]

Re: An hour away from your house? Do you drive 120 mph?***

May 15, 2014, 1:29 AM [ in reply to An hour away from your house? Do you drive 120 mph?*** ]

I do, frequently.

I want to be the RB...

May 14, 2014, 9:49 PM

I'd love to be the RB that signs with Clemson right now. I can't remember EVER getting an OL coming in like this. Jeez... in 2-3 years, we're talking about rewriting the record books.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to be the RB...

May 15, 2014, 1:31 AM

Man, you are right on target.

Re: I want to be the RB... or the QB

May 15, 2014, 12:19 PM

D. Watson is looking at the hogs coming next year and thinking... maybe a redshirt is a good idea! :)

I'm finally all in

May 14, 2014, 10:05 PM

From rebuild to reload. Say what you want about Dabo, but he's building something special at Clemson and I honestly never thought I would see something like this. I know it's just recruiting and things happen and some players don't develop, but we're absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail lately. It's exciting and the best part is that I feel like we're finally putting an emphasis on the O line. Something we've been sorely missing for some time now.

Go Tigers.

Re: I'm finally all in

May 14, 2014, 10:23 PM

The only knock on Dabo that I know of is he hasn't beaten USC like he should. If he can bring some dominance to that series, he will be here a long, long time and should be here. He finds weaknesses and fixes problems, no doubt. More importantly, he does it the right way and recruits the right kids. When it is all said and done, it is life and he is making everyone around him better. Raises these kids the right way.

Keep building and it'll take care of itself***

May 14, 2014, 10:24 PM

May 15, 2014, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm finally all in ]

Right. And look at the OL players he is recruiting. I'll go out on a limb and say we beat Carolina this year.

May 15, 2014, 1:44 AM [ in reply to I'm finally all in ]

We are a top twenty program and need to go after these top players as enthusiastically as Alabama or whoever.
It's a privilege for a player to play at Clemson, and in my opinion we will increasingly get these elite players in the future, especially as we continue to beat these SEC teams.
If Cole Stoudt is up to 230 as I've heard, then he will definitely be a running threat. For some reason, I can't
get anyone to comment on this. Is this a secret? Please, someone weigh in one way or another.

Pic of him in Neyland Stadium, but no Tennessee offer...

May 14, 2014, 10:18 PM

is listed? They're loss is our gain.

Re: Pic of him in Neyland Stadium, but no Tennessee offer...

May 15, 2014, 1:49 AM

Who?

Re: Pic of him in Neyland Stadium, but no Tennessee offer...

May 15, 2014, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Pic of him in Neyland Stadium, but no Tennessee offer... ]

Tenn had a huge class last year... not a lot of spots available....

May 15, 2014, 5:38 AM

The is beyond awesome in already having 3-4* OTs and one 5* OT for this recruiting class. Now we need to fill the OG positions with the same quality of player. Three 5* OG would surly be the icing on this O line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2014, 6:28 AM

Welcome aboard!! We are glad to have you join the "Tigers". Impressive highlights and great attitude. Looking forward to seeing you on the O line.
Great job Dabo! Keep up the great job recruiting to the entire staff.

Nothing Like A Big Mean Red Head ----

May 15, 2014, 9:12 AM

He never got caught up in all the rivalry mess huh??
Well kid once you sign those papers you are drowning
in it until you go for the NFL Draft or graduate.
Welcome to Clemson.

wait, we are recruiting gingers now?

May 15, 2014, 9:26 AM

You just lost my donation Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Good Choice young man, welcome to Tiger Nation!***

May 15, 2014, 10:19 AM

ESPN has us at no. 5 with 14 commits.

May 15, 2014, 11:44 AM

Who's missing from the Tnet list?

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings?action=login

It's Jalen Williams.

May 15, 2014, 11:51 AM

Nikki, why isn't he on your list?

Re: It's Jalen Williams.

May 15, 2014, 1:59 PM

B/C they are probably still looking for posted news that a T-Netter has already posted, so they can re-post it.;)

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic