Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #12 of rookie QB's to start a NFL game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #12 of rookie QB's to start a NFL game

May 14, 2014, 10:46 AM

Tajh Boyd ranked #12 of rookie QB's to start a NFL game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prove them wrong Tajh***

May 14, 2014, 10:52 AM

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #12 of rookie QB's to start a NFL game

May 14, 2014, 10:59 AM

uhh Sanchez has started lots of NFL games and he is awful. So I'm positive Boyd will get some starts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

13th QB drafted so fair guess. Backup or situational QB-runs

May 14, 2014, 11:35 AM

I hope I'm wrong but...

I don't think Boyd has the mental game to be a starting NFL QB. As a 5th year senior he still failed to quickly recognize the D and adjust the play and the pass protection. And while he was mostly good, he had some games where he was just off, which shook his confidence in a negative-reinforcement loop. The NFL needs quick-thinking and consistency.

Boyd was good as a battering-ram running QB on short yardage situations so I could see a creative OC using him "situationally", but that's not what you want your starting QB to do in the NFL.

Re: 13th QB drafted so fair guess. Backup or situational QB-runs

May 14, 2014, 12:27 PM

What round was Russell Wilson drafted? I just can't remember. What's his height?

Wilson=3rd round, 6th QB, #75 pick. Boyd 6th, 13th QB, #213

May 14, 2014, 2:09 PM

HUGE difference in draft position-- and with good reason. Unlike Boyd, Wilson was smart, consistent, and a great scrambler. The big ding on Wilson (like Boyd) was his height (5'11") which I didn't mention in my previous post so I'm not sure why you brought up height.

oh R-E-A-L-L-Y? well there oh omnipotent Chris Wesseling :-/

May 14, 2014, 11:44 AM

tell me this: will i win the lottery this year? i mean, since you know it all & obviously really dug deep into stats & studied Tajh's body of work to come up with that conclusion...SMHID (In Disgust).

"Boyd was a hot prospect at this time a year ago, but NFL scouts reached the conclusion that his success was largely a byproduct of a Clemson wide receiving corps that churned out NFL-ready prospects such as DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant.
Prediction: Never starts a game for Jets"

so i guess that fact that Tajh utilized more DIFFERENT WR's, RB's, FB's, & TE's than we EVER have here at Clemson...not to mention even using himself as a runner & reciever, just doesn't equate to him being able to spread the ball around to every player on the offensive roster practically and making THEM all look as good as he has?!

hmmm...yeah, makes sense - MAYBE IN BIZARRO LAND!!!
what a duesche. don't you love it when these talking media heads know ALL & dictate everything that is & will be in sports?
LOL...thank God they don't know shiat 50% percent of the time, all the time ;)

if these dechheads knew their #### from a hole in a prison mattress half of the time, they'd actually be playing or coaching somewhere, or own their own team.
thankfully, their predictions & assessments don't amount to squat except for fodder or fuel for Tajh's fire!!! & also other players they underrate & label who prove them wrong...
CAN'T WAIT to (hopefully) see Clowney & Manziel & ###### like that bust & Tajh really show them all!!!

Go Tigers!!!

+1 for "a hole in a prison mattress"....***

May 14, 2014, 2:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Reason Why We Had Great Receivers

May 14, 2014, 11:58 AM

Is because we had a QB who could get the ball to them ... its a two way street ... these guys are idiots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.

May 14, 2014, 1:30 PM

Yes, Tajh got flustered in the pocket and forced errant throws. Yes, he threw some unnecessary interceptions. But, this Wesseling guy must not have watched many Clemson games, because Tajh made some very impressive throws that, like you said, helped pump up our WRs stats a good bit. Tajh could've thrown the ball through a Cheerio with some of the tight windows he threw into.

I think once he develops more poise and mental strength, he can definitely start in the league. This writer's clueless. He's better than Geno. And Vick is only one more injury from being an invalid.

Easier if receivers outclass DBs but Boyd 17/37 (46%) vs FSU***

May 14, 2014, 2:19 PM [ in reply to A Reason Why We Had Great Receivers ]

This Chris Wesseling character is a clown !

May 14, 2014, 12:02 PM

He is a "fantasy sports blogger". Bet the guy never played football in his life (except playing "touch" with his sister in the backyard). He is no expert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's affirmative OhWiseOne! i bet he actually played

May 14, 2014, 12:08 PM

more with the little younger boys that he could take advantage of & steal touches on them here & there ;)

he knows NADA! & without a QB...you don't even have receivers!!!

how about all the balls that guys like Martavis dropped along the way to improving has craft...?
can't blame those games & losses all on Tajh, some of it yeah, but many times it had nothing to do with Tajh.
what a jerk, plain & simple...another Clemson hater that will trash any talented player that comes from here however he can, just because we're not in the $EC.

May 14, 2014, 12:11 PM

This guys logic of why Boyd isnt that good is flat out crappy. He says that Boyd was only productive because he had NFL caliber guys for WR. This is true, but come on.

He has had talent around him in the skill positions, but he also had a terrible line for most of his tenure. Only one lineman has been drafted in the 3 years Boyd has been there and that was Brandon Thomas 3rd round. If you are saying that having NFL talent around a QB make a QB look better than he really is- the following is what Boyd has had around him over the last 2 years.

2013 Draft - 1st Round WR,6th Round RB
2014 Draft - #4 pick WR, 3rd Round OT, 4th round WR

Now, lets compare that to Manziel:

2013 Draft - #2 pick OT, 2nd round RB, 6th round WR
2014 Draft - #6 pick OT, #7 pick WR

Both years Manziel started at A&M he had top 7 draft picks protecting his tail. In his Heisman year he had those 2 protecting him at the same time. Along with 2nd Round RB and #7 pick WR the next year.

Could you imagine Boyd production in 2013 if we would have had OTs that were #2 pick in 2013 and #6 pick in 2014 with Sammy too? Because that is about what Manziel had in 2013 - #2 pick OT, #6 pick OT, and #7 pick WR, not to mention a 2nd round RB.

Do I think Boyd is as good as Manziel, no, but do I think Boyd was only productive because of the talent around him, absolutely not.

Lost me when he said Mettenderper will eventually start

May 14, 2014, 1:20 PM

He stinks out loud.

Logan Thomas must have naked pictures of a lot

May 14, 2014, 2:15 PM

of people at ESPN and in the NFL because he was and is TERRIBLE.

I will bet my house Tajh has a better career than him.

And if Boyd is the product of good WRs, so is Zach Mettenberger.

Not saying Tajh will be a pro-bowler but I think a lot of the criticism on him is unfounded, especially given that it would apply equally to guys who are inexplicably projected as better than him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HTFH did losing Logan Thomas get drafted so highly???

May 14, 2014, 2:25 PM

& over Tajh!!!???

he couldn't throw more than 50% of his passes AWAY from the ground & guys knees, away from the other teams defenders, and much less towards the catch-able zone for his own WR's!!!
he may be big, but that's about it...good ball speed & all, but no accuracy under pressure. and from what we hear about complaints against Tajh, the NFL doesn't want a "running QB" so what's the deal there?
he's almost single-handedly the reason VaginaTech has fallen of the back of the bike like a biatch & everyone can now read our shirts!!! LOL :)

some people don't know a good thing from a fantasy dream...

May 14, 2014, 2:20 PM

This is beyond laughable!!!!

May 14, 2014, 2:37 PM

I wish him all the best but I don't see Tahj as a starting NFL QB. He has a cannon. He is tough and he has decent wheels. He has had great games, but he has struggled with his touch passes.

I've never seen someone so good struggle so much with throwing it to the flat or making the receiver reach behind himself on the crossing routes.

When Tahj is on, he is deadly but we've all seen him melt down, too.

Given that Charlie Whitehurst is a perennial backup, I doubt Tahj is ever The Starter but lot of teams could do worse than him as a backup...like #11 on the list (who is quite tall), for example. Tahj is too good and the health of NFL QB's is too fickle for me to believe he never starts.

Not to mention, that the smart money always takes the Over on zero...

May 14, 2014, 3:08 PM

These writers are some for real freaking idiots. They say that the receivers is what made Tajh look good. Then the next thing they write when Sammy went to the Bills, is that they don't have a QB that can get him the ball. If Tajh isn't good enough to play in the NFL and EJ is. Surly he can get the ball to one of the same receivers that made Tajh look good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Loopy logic is lost on this loser....***

May 14, 2014, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stopping @ Murray washing out.........

May 14, 2014, 3:17 PM

before he gets a chance to run an offense.....lmao!

May 14, 2014, 11:15 PM

Ten bucks says the author has no idea what the Mendoza line actually is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Didn't you learn to never say never***

May 15, 2014, 9:01 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic