Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1

May 12, 2014, 2:47 PM

Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC and NC State already on the phone with....

May 12, 2014, 3:01 PM

Iowa State, Kansas, Indiana, Illionis, Purdue, Washington State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Memphis and Temple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: FB Update: Swofford proposes 8 game ACC schedule + 1

May 12, 2014, 3:02 PM

I would love to see FCS games eliminated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2014, 10:06 AM

Dittos! There is nothing, outside of another win in in the WL column and a little game experience for some scrubs (and I use that term affectionately, because that is what I was). If you win, and win by a huge margin, you were supposed to, but when you do you are criticized for playing a nobody and beating up on a weakling. If you don't win big, you bring about questions and speculation that your team is not very good. I'd rather play top opponents, or at least the weaklings of the good conferences, and there are plenty of them around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2014, 3:18 PM

Swoffy, please don't F up our major out of conference games.

May 12, 2014, 3:34 PM

I agree! But no more FCS practice games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2014, 3:31 PM

would pretty much have to agree to do it. Besides we've already been playing an 8+2 schedule for quite awhile now.

SC every year and then UGA, UGA, Aub, Aub, Aub, TCU (technically weren't power conference yet, but whatever), Bama, A&M, A&M, UGA, UGA.

The only 12-game schedule years that we didn't play SC AND another BCS conference team were 2006-2007, and I seem to remember some major conference team backing out on us and forcing us to scramble to fill the schedule. Isn't that how we ended up playing Temple in 2006? Maybe somebody else can fill me in on the details because i really don't remember.

May 13, 2014, 10:11 AM

I believe you are right. We had a game/series cancelled, and I believe it was one of the SEC teams or one of the Texas or Oklahoma teams, and we had to play a SC State or somebody to complete the schedule with another home game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Notre Dame vote....either commit to being a full time..

May 12, 2014, 3:31 PM

FB member or get out!

AMEN!***

May 12, 2014, 3:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Notre Dame vote....either commit to being a full time..

May 12, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to The Notre Dame vote....either commit to being a full time.. ]

Notre Dames 2 or 3 AVV home games add more to the TV revenues than all of Duke or WF games combined.

8 game ACC sched +1 only good if SC not consider our 1 by AD

May 12, 2014, 3:43 PM

and we get a 2nd OOC quality opponent. Don't want SC to be the 1 the we add a 2nd tier FBS team like Troy or Ball St

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, haven't beat SC in five years-we should make our

May 12, 2014, 4:17 PM

schedule even tougher.

FIRE SWOFFORD!!!***

May 12, 2014, 3:57 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffy's got it good

May 12, 2014, 4:33 PM

He gets paid big bucks and gets media attention for proposing this? Teams still can get 3 cupcake games if they want. Also, playing crap teams from a power conference doesn't really give that +1 quality opponent feeling to me.

Other Swoffy proposals mentioned recently...

"Swofford proposes that ACC Football Teams in the state of North Carolina should lose less games and perform well in the postseason."

"Swofford proposes that FSU gets sponsored by Red Lobster so that Jameis Winston doesn't get arrested every 3 days."

And lastly...

"Swofford proposes that Virginia Tech, from this day forward, will recruit QBs to play the position of QB at their school before Frank Beamer totally flips out and punches everyone standing on the sideline in the throat."

That Swoffy is an innovator!!!

~JKB

So CU,GT.FSU and UL don't have to play SC,UGA,UF and

May 12, 2014, 4:25 PM

UK in the years they play ND. Good one Swoff. Wouldn't 8+2 counting ND be fairer to the whole conference? and counting Army and Navy like their in a power conference. Really?

Re: So CU,GT.FSU and UL don't have to play SC,UGA,UF and

May 13, 2014, 10:15 AM

If Army and Navy are "in a power conference or represent a "quality win", I am a Nuclear Physicist, and you can call me Dr. Dugatiger!

Whatever Swofford is up to

May 12, 2014, 4:50 PM

you can always bet it's not in the best interest of Clemson

If its between this or a 9 game conference I am on board

May 12, 2014, 4:54 PM

with Swoffy on this one

Feb 24, 2017, 8:31 AM

If this is approved, I hope Army & Navy especially would be included as opponents. I would love to see us schedule the Academies. I'm also good with BYU.

We have our + 1. Doesn't mean we would schedule them.

May 12, 2014, 5:06 PM

They may be power 5 in Swoff's world but they are not. Would not do much for any ones SOS. I think he might be including them for the benefit of some schools (Duke,WF) that might have a problem finding an OOC power 5 opponent in some years.

May 12, 2014, 7:33 PM

I like the 8-game ACC schedule, but I wouldn't mind killing the permanent cross-div rival. Selfish, I know, but I live in VA and I may not live long enough to see us play UVA in C-Ville again.

Some division adjustments could be made to put GA Tech and one more in the Atlantic and kick Wake and NC State to the Coastal so all of the Tobacco Road schools play each other every year. Rotation should still let us play a couple NC teams each year (one home & one away).

We've been doing 8+2 for years...***

May 12, 2014, 10:35 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic