Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Munson humbled to be the Voice of the Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: Munson humbled to be the Voice of the Tigers

May 7, 2014, 2:22 PM

Munson humbled to be the Voice of the Tigers

It was announced last week that Don Munson would take over play-by-play duties for the Clemson football program starting in the fall, and he told TigerNet this week he understands what the job means and the shoes he is trying to fill. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

misspelled mumbled

May 1, 2021, 11:47 AM

;)

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone told Munson yet, not to get on Tigernet?

May 7, 2014, 2:31 PM

tia by play

null

zzzzzzz

May 7, 2014, 2:35 PM

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Munson!***

May 7, 2014, 2:38 PM

null

Welp!

May 7, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Has anyone told Munson yet, not to get on Tigernet? ]

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?id=8186

I thought he was a Clemson grad.......App State***

May 7, 2014, 5:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, the job was offered to Munson

May 7, 2014, 5:19 PM

What some of you must not realize is how, for years, he's been pining for this job behind Pete Y.'s back. For a long time he's been taking every negative comment that he could find, made about PY on message boards, and showing them to Dabo, saying how the fans want a change. What crap. Wanna make a change, fine. If so, do it right, put a search committee together and find the best possible candidate, cuz Munson is far from the best they could've found. The whole thing stinks.

as if he wasn't behind the back-stabbing the whole time***

May 7, 2014, 2:33 PM

Re: New Story: Munson humbled to be the Voice of the Tigers

May 7, 2014, 2:40 PM

This is the biggest crock of crap the AD's office has put out to date. Munson is nothing more than an internet troll and has no business sitting in the same booth as Phillips used to sit in. D-Rad needs to get his head out of his butt and fire his tail and save the department a few bucks. "Coach" Munson is an absolute joke and it's a disgrace that the AD put this clown on the radio.

Re: AMEN !!!!

May 7, 2014, 2:44 PM

"Munson then said that replacing a friend and colleague in Yanity was something he knew would be difficult"

Hey Munson quit calling Pete a friend!! Friends do not stab friends in the back.

I'm lost. What's all this about trolling and back stabbing?

May 7, 2014, 2:49 PM

TIA laugh out loud be right back

May 7, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Munson humbled to be the Voice of the Tigers ]

Why is it a bad thing to replace Pete Yanity?
I have not heard about any backstabbing or trolling? What did Munson do?

May 7, 2014, 4:28 PM

You are way to far behind to catch up. Its best to just start you off right here. Munson will now be doing the FB play by play radio show on game day. And he is humbled for stealing the job from Pete. Now, there you have it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2014, 4:53 PM

I do not see how Munson could steal the job... I assume it was offered to him... if it was offered to me I would take it wouldn't you? I see no reason to be pi$$ed off at a person for taking a job any of us would love to have!

Why isn't he doing basketball games???

May 7, 2014, 3:08 PM

The quote in quote voice of the Tigers would do both revenue sports football and basketball...

He will NOT be THE Voice of the Tigers because......

May 7, 2014, 3:24 PM

he won't be doing basketball games. The Voice of the Tigers would be doing all Clemson athletic events such as Jim Phillips always did.

IMO we've probably seen the last real Voice of the Tigers.

Re: He will NOT be THE Voice of the Tigers because......

May 7, 2014, 4:31 PM

And I think that this was all done just to cut back on the amount of access the media had, to be honest....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard not to be humble....

May 7, 2014, 3:36 PM

when you receive something for which you know you aren't worthy.

BOYCOTT

May 7, 2014, 3:45 PM

Lets start a BOYCOTT no way he should be voice of TIGERS BOYCOTT listening to him

Re: BOYCOTT

May 7, 2014, 4:33 PM

I did that much the day it was announced he would be Tiger FB mouth piece during FB games. There went the neighbor hood!!!

May 7, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to BOYCOTT ]

Your tears are delicious. Nomnomnom.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2014, 9:59 PM

MBRO

lol...

May 7, 2014, 4:09 PM

people wanted Jim Phillips fired. He was not worth a crap (not my words) until he died, then he was the best thing ever. Personally, I always liked him as the Voice of the Tigers.

So here comes Yannity. People wanted him fired. People complained about "Orange in the endzone" (which I loved hearing).

So some fans got their way...Yannity is gone. Now, people want Munson gone.

Geez...it never ends.

Re: lol...

May 7, 2014, 4:56 PM

I still miss Jim Phillips... for me he might always be the voice of the Tigers. If I had not read this article I might not have noticed the change from Yanity to Munson.

EXACTLY! They all take some time........Give him a chance.

May 7, 2014, 5:15 PM [ in reply to lol... ]

Just for the record, the best I ever heard was Larry Munson, and it hurts to say that. I love a "homer" that admits it!

May 7, 2014, 4:18 PM

I don't understand how going behind a very good mans back to stab him would humble him. It has me wondering if ###### his preachers wife behind the preachers back would humble him also!!!

Congratulations, Don.

May 7, 2014, 4:21 PM

Ignore these morons. You're gonna do a great job in the booth, and I can't wait to listen. Go Tigers!

Re: Congratulations, Don.

May 8, 2014, 8:10 AM

Are you serious? Do you REALLY think he's going to do a great job? Tell me, have you actually heard him before?
Firing Pete for this guy is flat out absurd.

It is humorous to read how irate some people are about this.

Based on some of the reactions I've seen on TigerNet, this is more important than the University president, athletic director, and several of the coaches. In reality, the person doing radio broadcasts isn't really that important. So to those of you making this a monumental issue, please keep things in perspective.

I don't know Don Munson. I've never met him, and I do not know much about him. But I do know that he has been involved with our athletic program for a long time, and seems to genuinely love Clemson. His experience certainly qualifies him as being part of the Clemson family, so it is sad to see so many Clemson fans bashing him before he has even had a chance to show what he can do in his new role.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Munson fills the seat, Phillips is the voice of the Tigers.***

Wish we still had YANITY***

May 7, 2014, 4:46 PM

Re: Wish we still had YANITY***

May 7, 2014, 5:27 PM

Yanity occasionally got the players wrong. RBs especially, I might miss him... I do not know yet.... but he never came close to replacing Jim Phillips as the voice of the tigers... Maybe Munson will, I will wait and see. I have no problem with the change. Still not sure why people are pi$$ed at Munson... Rad made the change if you do not like the change fire Rad!

May 7, 2014, 5:22 PM

For me it is not a question of the person of Pete Yannity or Don Munson, I know neither, but I would bet that they are both fine men. It is instead, a question of skill level and professionalism. I have heard Munson do baseball and Yannity do football and there is no comparison of skill level. Yannity is so much better at play by play that it is not even a close consideration of the two. This was an extremely poor choice.

May 7, 2014, 5:28 PM

Have you heard Yanity do baseball?

Congratulations Don!!!

May 7, 2014, 6:09 PM

On helping the Tnet fan base find something they almost all agree on!

May 7, 2014, 8:42 PM

I love Don Munson, what's the problem here?

May 7, 2014, 10:37 PM

F@#$ munson I'm to used to Pete (Orange in the endzone) I won't listen again unless I absolutely have to

May 7, 2014, 10:48 PM

I still hope for someone half as good as Jim Phillips and Pete Yanity was not even close to being half as good....

May 8, 2014, 1:57 AM

It is amazing to see people getting so upset about a change in an announcer. Pete was fine, I am sure Don will be fine. From the sounds of these harsh comments I believe some folks have other agendas in attacking Don in such a manner before he has even started. Honestly when I have heard him and he seems knowledgeable and well prepared. I am looking forward to hearing Don Munson and giving him a fair shot and I hope others will as well.

May 8, 2014, 4:37 AM

Don't Know Pete Yanity and not against the man in any way, but I always thought if I heard his horrible saying, "and there's orange in the endzone" one more time I would puke! Don't know how to say it but it always sounded LAME! It's certainly difficult to step into a job like that after Jim Phillips had been doing it for forty years or so. I guess I'm saying that I'm glad they made a change! Good luck Munson, and let it flow, don't sit up for nights trying to come up with something as bad as, "there's orange in the endzone", PLEASE!!!

His saying in baseball is sons of dear ol Clemson

May 8, 2014, 6:56 AM

a run scored by sons of dear Ol Clemson

LAME

You guys should wear boxers instead of those thongs.

May 8, 2014, 5:43 AM

They won't near ride up the crack of your ### so badly. After you get off the rag and your emotion die down a little perhaps you'd consider that Munson's position is unlike any previous announcer. He's dedicated to the football program, perhaps there's something new and exciting in the works here.

Your knees are shaking like a jerkedoff chicken even though you know Pete refused to take this job full time. Oh yeah, that guy you're really criticizing, you know, the one who made this decision, sits on the playoff selection committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys should wear boxers instead of those thongs.

May 8, 2014, 9:51 AM

I have the perfect solution to all who don't like Don Munson. Go to all of the game and see it for yourself, instead of listening on the radio. Personally, I believe he will do a fine job. Always loved the Fifth Quarter show he hosted for years. Give the guys a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys should wear boxers instead of those thongs.

May 8, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to You guys should wear boxers instead of those thongs. ]

I have the perfect solution to all who don't like Don Munson. Go to all of the game and see it for yourself, instead of listening on the radio. Personally, I believe he will do a fine job. Always loved the Fifth Quarter show he hosted for years. Give the guys a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, if he yelled something like:

May 8, 2014, 7:23 AM

"SONUVAB*TCH! TOUCHDOWN TIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSS," a whole lot of folks might change their minds.

(Including one Mr. DRad. lol)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will your next post extol the true value of sirius thursday?

May 8, 2014, 8:01 AM

or will you continue to attempt the funny?

it's important.

oh, and happy may 8th, hartins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOUD NOISES!!!!!***

May 8, 2014, 5:15 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Switch in radio announcers was handled poorly......

May 8, 2014, 6:05 PM

....I feel like I need to take a shower. I didn't like the whole "Orange in the end zone" thing but Pete's class and professionalism more than made up for it.

Dale Gilbert...watch you back!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic