Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia

Apr 28, 2014, 10:17 AM

Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. 7 huh? We'll see.***

Apr 28, 2014, 10:19 AM

Yeah. It's great to be the underdog

Apr 28, 2014, 1:26 PM

and not the dirty dog.

Open. It will be less. My take. Easy money...***

Apr 28, 2014, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks are still drinking that eSECpn Kool Aid.***

Apr 28, 2014, 10:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We

Apr 28, 2014, 10:36 AM

know different. Other than a few big gains and some Murray heroics late, they couldn't move the ball with any consistency. Even some of the GA fans are worried about their OLs with several new guys coming in. I wish they had the same ones from last year. We may not score as much, but they will score much less....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We

Apr 28, 2014, 11:39 AM

Yes, but remember, Gurley was hurt and only rushed 11 times, compared to 30 plus against SC and LSU. He's a freaking animal and would have been tough to stop.

Who hurt him?***

Apr 28, 2014, 2:54 PM

He injured his hamstring running 75 yards for a TD

Apr 28, 2014, 3:12 PM

none of our players touched him.

None of their players touched Sammy on the next TD play...

Apr 28, 2014, 7:38 PM

except for the one he railroaded. Gurley and Marshall will get some yards but not consistently.

Re: He injured his hamstring running 75 yards for a TD

Apr 29, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to He injured his hamstring running 75 yards for a TD ]

Gurley will be pushing for the Heisman this year and he just may be the favorite to win it. Keeping him under 100 yards will be an accomplishment for any team this season.

Georgia was favored by 2 or 3 last year and Ohio St. was a 3 point favorite on a neutral field. If Dabo can win as a 7 point dog in Sanford Stadium it will be the biggest win of his career IMO.

Re: Who hurt him?***

Apr 28, 2014, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Who hurt him?*** ]

We did! ;)

Strictly rhetorical....***

Apr 29, 2014, 12:19 AM

Apr 28, 2014, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We ]

We put his azzz out of the game.

Apr 28, 2014, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We ]

Gurley rushed for 160 yds last year.

I don't see him rushing for more this year. He may be more effective, but not as productive.

I ordered my tickets last week.
IT'S GETTING CLOSER!

Apr 28, 2014, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We ]

545 total yards and no consistency.....seriously? Last year you also had a 5th yr QB and a 1st rounder at WR. You lost 95% of your offensive production. Morris will barely have enough olinemen for that 1st game in addition to the inexperience at the skills. Oh, and we hired Fsu's DC too.

Apr 28, 2014, 5:03 PM

Well I reckon we'll see soon, won't we. You are trying way too hard to convince people who are just frankly not impressed with your team.

You lost 3 OLs as well. The difference will be our D (that's

Apr 28, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Most of the nation sees a close game @ CU last year... We ]

a capital D for depth). It will be decided on the lines and that's why Clemson wins, probably by double digits...

Re: You lost 3 OLs as well. The difference will be our D (that's

Apr 29, 2014, 1:25 PM

I just don't see it. A double digit win on the road? Stoudt hasn't even faced a 1st team defense in his college career. Your own starting oline will be suspect as well. Morris must replace his #1 qb, #1 rb, #1 and #2 wrs, a starting OT and OG and another starting guard (Beasley)is suspend along with another projected starter Anthony. Seriously, why all the confidence?

Stoudt has been in this offense for quite some time

Apr 30, 2014, 11:51 AM

He is a senior after all. As far as O line, Thomas and Shatley will be missed but we HAVE recruited for those lines and have highly regarded players that have yet to contribute...guys like Spencer Region who is a monster. Guys like Kalon Davis, Joe Gore and freshman Tyrone Crowder will have to potentially step up. Battle will continue to improve...I think he had the most upside.

At RB, I remember you guys dogging us about Hot Rod saying he's no Andre Ellington yada yada yada...now we have a STABLE of RBs that are very talented. RB is the absolute LEAST of my worries.

We've got a lot of talent at WR...I wouldn't say any are quite up to par with Sammy, but how often are we gonna see that? Maybe never! We've definitely recruited guys that can play similar roles to our WR last year though...Williams will be our tall WR that can be a downfield threat like Bryant. We've got plenty of speedsters at WR...Priester, Scott, Humphries, Peake (more highly rated than Sammy coming in i think)...

You dawg fans see Boyd and Watkins gone and you think we'll have no offense...the thing is, we'll have a DIFFERENT looking offense with the stable of RBs we have. All we have to hope for is consistency out of our O line and we'll have one solid team on both sides of the ball.

Re: Stoudt has been in this offense for quite some time

Apr 30, 2014, 2:26 PM

I never said clemson didn't have talent. But what you do have is limited experience at a lot of offensive positions. I just don't think it'll all come together in the 1st game of the season......especially on the road.

It may not, but it doesn't hurt to have 1) talent

Apr 30, 2014, 3:35 PM

2) one of the greatest offensive minds in college football.

I hope yall keep Richt...cuz if not, Morris may just leave for that opportunity...

Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds on Clemson-Georgia

Apr 28, 2014, 10:45 AM

Can pretty much guarantee this drops to 4 1/2 or 5 at least by game week.

Apr 28, 2014, 10:50 AM

I'm hoping that it goes up by another 7 points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 1:40 PM

I absolutely LOVE it when we are the underdog. Nothing better than your team being told they can't win b/c the odds makers say they won't win. And that they won't win by a certain amount of points... Thank you Vegas, you just dialed up a smack down on the UGA puppies!!!

Apr 28, 2014, 11:17 AM

We love the underdog role gives our boys a certain fire

Looks like its time to place a big bet.***

Apr 28, 2014, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

its all about how to keep the money flowing

Apr 28, 2014, 11:55 AM

I would love to see the revenue management models that Vegas comes up with each week/month/year/game. People still get all bent out of shape about betting lines. It's all about money flow so the oddsmakers make their money.

I bet come game time it is down to 3 or less.

I just hate the .5 betting lines....screwed me out of some

Apr 28, 2014, 12:03 PM

money during the final 4. I took Kentucky +1.5 against Wisconsin. They won by 1...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: its all about how to keep the money flowing

Apr 28, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to its all about how to keep the money flowing ]

Well 3 is only the home field points when two teams come close to being evenly matched up.

Dunno about that. They have to at least start with a

Apr 28, 2014, 7:07 PM [ in reply to its all about how to keep the money flowing ]

projection. If you don't think Vegas has advanced metrics at their disposal you are crazy. Obviously the first game of a CFB season is tough to model due to the crazy player turnover every year, but I'm sure they have a clue.

Once they get a score projection they adjust it based on anticipated betting. Schools Ohio State and ND with huge fan bases probably get some extra pts on a consistent basis because fans tend to be homers and bet on their own team, often foolishly. UGA probably gets more of those bets than Clemson so that might be a factor, but likely not a large one.

Also I'm not convinced that Vegas uses 3pts as home field advantage for CFB. I think they have much more advanced data that gives certain home fields more points than others. Sanford stadium is likely worth more than 3 pts, just as i feel DV is worth more as well.

Neutral field i bet Vegas still thinks UGA is 2-3 points better than us.

Exactly! Agree 100% on the spreads in certain stadiums.

Apr 28, 2014, 7:50 PM

However (and I know I look through orange colored glasses), I think we'd beat them wherever the game is played. Getting thUGA the 1st game of the year is always a plus. Considering they usually have at least 4-6 starters suspended, I like our odds. Our D will be good (hopefully great), and I don't see Cole giving any games away with turnovers. With a great D, that's all a QB has to do. See AJ McCarron, who I believe Cole has the ability to be better than.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet it'll be closer come August

Apr 28, 2014, 1:28 PM

I think this game is a pick'em just like last year. Advantage to the home team, but on a neutral field too close to call.

And, bet we don't play that terrible prevent D when ahead **

Apr 28, 2014, 2:14 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2014, 11:03 PM

Wish I knew how to bet .

Gimme 2 to 1 on the Bandit.***

Apr 28, 2014, 11:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2014, 11:06 AM

I like us to win the game outright. The spread makes it that much better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic