Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dabo Swinney statement on FFRF complaint
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

FB Update: Dabo Swinney statement on FFRF complaint

Apr 23, 2014, 9:15 AM

Dabo Swinney statement on FFRF complaint

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been gone for a while

Apr 23, 2014, 9:17 AM

what is the FFRF?

Funny one.***

Apr 23, 2014, 9:19 AM

Freedom From Robot Fornication***

Apr 23, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Been gone for a while ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Freedom From Religuon Foundation

Apr 23, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Been gone for a while ]

An anti-Christian hate group. Basically they want atheism as the official state religion.

Re: Been gone for a while

Apr 23, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Been gone for a while ]

Find them, Feel them, Rough them up, Forget them;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why I love having Dabo as our coach

Apr 23, 2014, 9:19 AM

We have had success on the field and very little problems off of it. The issues he has had he has dealt with with Fairness and equality across the board.

He is a Great Leader of young men!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I joke that this is one reason that God is going to bless

Apr 23, 2014, 12:06 PM

Clemson with a National Championship......I wish I could have given this 2 thumbs up!!

Good job Dabo! Now let's beat those Dawgs and get the

Apr 23, 2014, 9:22 AM

season off to a rip-roaring start!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great statement Coach!

Apr 23, 2014, 9:24 AM

GO TIGERS!

Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out

Apr 23, 2014, 9:44 AM

When i bet the majority of schools do the exact things we do. Why Us?

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else find it ironic

Apr 23, 2014, 9:46 AM

That we have the Chad Kelly issue and he is kicked off the team and then the FFRF moves in. He doesn't seem like the type of person that exemplifies the values of the program or of any faith...no judgement, but actions speak louder than words. There may be nothing to this, but I just found it interesting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be ironic, except for the...

Apr 23, 2014, 11:19 AM

......fact that the complaint by the idiots at FFRF was sent to Clemson on 4/10/14, prior to CK being kicked off the team.

Re: Would be ironic, except for the...

Apr 23, 2014, 11:46 AM

....but in the time frame that he may have already been in disciplinary problems with the coaches...what was that time frame up to the incident with Miss SC, which she said happened weeks prior to his dismissal? I've kinda thought it could be a possibility too, especially considering they said they "need a plaintiff" after also saying they have a statement from "someone not on the team" (i.e. what good is it if the complaint lodged to them came from a guy who was just kicked off the team and has had several issues with the coaches and his actions...so they are hoping they can get another to come forward that doesn't have a vendetta), but you never know.

It could also stem from the fact that Dabo loudly speaks his faith (thanking God when the media talks to him after a bowl win, etc) and when they saw it, they started looking into past things (like Nuk's baptism) to see if it looked like more than just a faith statement. Groups with agendas always have a reason to single a certain team out...it's likeley because of Dabo proudly showing his faith or

Apr 23, 2014, 11:59 AM

or...that a certain player might have known he was getting beat at a spot and found a reason he could use as an excuse to why he didn't win it then decided to transfer...which just backfired with his dismissal.

In the end, it's interesting how weak they sound when they talk about having a statement/complaint from someone (also being forced by a media question to acknowledge this person is not part of the team...not saying he wasn't prior to a timely dismissal) but they need a plaintiff to go to court...I kinda feel this says more than is really being told.

Apr 23, 2014, 1:21 PM

I'm pretty positive you are way off.
First, you are trying to line up facts that either don't exist or are misplaced.

things that make you go .......hhhmmmmm***

Apr 23, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Anyone else find it ironic ]

Re: Anyone else find it ironic

Apr 23, 2017, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Anyone else find it ironic ]

Kelly had nothing to do with it I'm betting....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out

Apr 23, 2014, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out ]

There are 155 FFRF members in South Carolina. All of this started prior to Easter which must be a significant time frame for atheist. FFRF paid money to advertise in Time Square in New York City that Jesus is a myth, so any of their S.C. Members or people like them could have stirred the pot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is that Nuk's baptism got us on the radar.***

Apr 23, 2014, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out ]

#ACCFTS

Re: Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out

Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Seriously - what is FFRF's motive for singling Clemson out ]

FFRF has seemed to focus on the Upstate the past couple of years. Complaints filed against Pickens County and Greenville County School Districts, and IIRC others in the area as well. Seems to be a pattern, I think they look at the Upstate as a Bible region and if they can knock the Bible down here they will succeed anywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney statement on FFRF complaint

excellent statement with zero mention of them. exactly what they rate. Instead he gives his principles for players and recruitment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 9:47 AM

Your absolutely right!! It seems that FFRF is just looking for a fight and thought attacking Clemson with its rich values would cause a reaction, but it did the opposite it should have made Coach very proud that he is doing something right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 1:31 PM

I bet it has open a lot of eyes to people who didn't know that much about Clemson and Clemson FB. If I'm a parent letting my kid go to school 4 or 500 miles away from home to play FB. Clemson would be the kind of program I would feel safe about. The coaches at Clemson aren't getting arrested pissing in the public streets, or being photographed at the races shirtless holding onto his Schlitz;)

Well...that's pretty-much perfect. ******

null

Great job, Dabo!***

Apr 23, 2014, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FOOTBALL?!!!

Apr 23, 2014, 9:56 AM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: WHATs IT to do W FOOTBALL?!!! YOu dont have a prayer

Apr 23, 2014, 10:17 AM

of understanding if you have to ask!!! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I KNOW!!!***

Apr 23, 2014, 10:20 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

EVERYTHING!!!!!***

Apr 23, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FOOTBALL?!!! ]

BUT RELIGION AND FOOTBALL ARE NOT THE SAME!

Apr 23, 2014, 12:15 PM

THERE IS A DIFFERENT BORED FOR THAT STUFF! I JUST WISH IT WOULD STOP I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

- H. L. Mencken

This group is attacking the FOOTBALL coach.

Apr 23, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FOOTBALL?!!! ]

They have a problem with the way the FOOTBALL program is operated. Seems pretty clear to me that it is related to FOOTBALL.

WAIT, YOU MEAN . . . I NEVER PUT THAT TOGETHER!

Apr 23, 2014, 12:50 PM

;)

- H. L. Mencken

I'm appalled.

Apr 23, 2014, 9:56 AM

I believe we are not giving good athletes with a less than stellar character a chance to compete at Clemson.

Re: I'm appalled.

Apr 23, 2014, 10:06 AM

We pass on those and let USuC, Florida St., and Auburn have them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

What he said. The FFRF doesn***

Apr 23, 2014, 10:05 AM

What he said. The FFRF doesn't recognize class and honesty

Apr 23, 2014, 10:06 AM

so it will go over their head.

Dabo for President

Apr 23, 2014, 10:35 AM

I believe one day Dabo will be the AD at Clemson and could eventually be the President of the University. Couldn't think of a better face and future for our sports and school.

Re: Dabo for President

Apr 23, 2014, 11:58 AM

AD, maybe, President, no. If you aren't from an academic background you normally need to be a politician to become a university president.

Apr 23, 2014, 10:51 AM

I back swinney 200%!!!!! If you choice not to believe thats fine. But Dont tell me I can not believe!! That would be the same thing you are acussing coach Swinney of just reversing it!

Amen Coach...now git er done for 2014..beat Noles & Coots!**

Apr 23, 2014, 11:06 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 11:52 AM

Great statement Dabo!! This speaks highly to players and recruits of what is expected at this school, and doesn't really dig into anything beyond his own choice of showing his faith. Way to go. :)

Apr 23, 2014, 12:21 PM

Great statement by Coach Swinney- strong, clear, concise and never mentions the name of the complainant, nor will I. If my son was being recruited by a major college I certainly would want him to be guided by a coach like Dabo Swinney.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FFRF founder has to be an SEC Alum working for ESPN***

Apr 25, 2014, 3:54 PM

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic