Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels to turn pro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels to turn pro

Apr 22, 2014, 9:35 AM

Report: K.J. McDaniels to turn pro

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We suck again!

Apr 22, 2014, 9:37 AM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that Phyllis Diller or Paula Deen in the lower

Apr 22, 2014, 10:09 AM

right-hand corner?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re:Is that Phyllis Diller or Paula Deen in the lower-neither

Apr 22, 2014, 11:10 AM

there would be a crack in the lense if so. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess his shoulder is OK then***

Apr 22, 2014, 9:39 AM

Good luck but short term mistake, IMO.

Apr 22, 2014, 9:48 AM

If he improved half as much in his senior season, he could win ACC POY and jump up the draft board. Even if he is drafted 1st round (Late 1st if at all), his shooting could keep him from even making an NBA roster.

No way he improves his stock with one more yr here

Apr 22, 2014, 11:40 AM

He led his team in every meaningful statistical category, he was First Team All ACC (among giants), He was singled out as the Defensive Player of the Year, and Carried his team to the Final Four of a post season invitational tournament… not to mention the shine on sportscenter and other media outlet…

Don’t think he has too much more ceiling to rise to…. If he didn’t hit all those accolades next year his stock would go down. I would say if his stock would increase next year..i’d be surprised. Yeah he may develop a better jumper or get stronger but he can do that will carrying a fat paycheck home to put in the bank…

Its crazy to consider anything else. I’m thinking on his behalf not ours as a fan base.

I tend to agree. He has to improve much on offensive skills

Apr 22, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Good luck but short term mistake, IMO. ]

Shooting and ball handling. I confess that I am not a scout, but we all have opinion.....right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is why I dislike everything about Hollywierd. David G

Apr 22, 2014, 9:50 AM

looks like he has been on a 3 week bender. I do not trust that guy, any one that stars on a "reality show" is a fraud. I was in Atlanta last year and stumbled in on a shooting of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Reality??? no they were at this restaurant for 6 hours for 2 minutes of film. I know they did 30+ retakes and were told what to say and how to say it. Then a director called in a writer and told him to rewrite the whole scene. That is why I do not trust him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least there's nothing sleazy looking about his agent.***

Apr 22, 2014, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Too much money to turn down. Good luck KJ.

Apr 22, 2014, 10:07 AM

I still think he has a lot he needs to work on, but I don't get paid the big bucks to evaluate basketball talent. Or even little bucks.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Too much money to turn down. Good luck KJ.

Apr 22, 2014, 10:28 AM

Lets go into partnership telling folks this or that guy can really play. Its not that hard looking at a player through out his career to see improvement or not, is it.;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's improved tremedously under Brownell. He has a

Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM

ton of natural ability, and is dynamic around the basket. That much is obvious. My concern is how effective that will be as a 6-6 guard in the NBA, and how effective he will be with the ball in his hands at that level 20 feet from the basket.

- H. L. Mencken

good luck...definitely could have used another year but

Apr 22, 2014, 10:09 AM

guess he couldn't turn down/wait for the money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anyone surprised? This is a no brainer. Good luck KJ***

Apr 22, 2014, 10:13 AM

Re: BKB Update: Report: K.J. McDaniels to turn pro

Apr 22, 2014, 10:15 AM

Well I can honestly say that I'm glad he was a part of Clemson BB, and I truly loved watching him play. The very best of luck to him even if him leaving will hurt our program some. We have a coach now that got the best from KJ, and he will get the best from what we have that wants to play for him at Clemson. KJ leaving won't kill our program when we have Brownell building it!!! Goooo Tigersssss

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would've loved to see what he could have been...

Apr 22, 2014, 10:15 AM

...but with the education he's going to get his first year in the NBA, his game will get better.

Best of luck KJ ... and thanks for helping make basketball at Clemson fun again!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2014, 10:16 AM

The man has the talent and I wish him well.

My early selection final four for 2015 included Clemson ... and now it doe not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2014, 10:20 AM

Disappointing for CU fans but not surprising. I really think staying he could have had a special year and CU too but I understand. Best wishes to him though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2014, 10:23 AM

it will not be official till roy philpot reports it.

Apr 22, 2014, 10:23 AM

This comes from a "source" that told Yahoo Sports so he hasn't annouced anything yet.

I'm still holding out hope :).

Apr 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

Yeahhh but a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

That girl 2nd from the right is worth a THOUSAND SOMETHING***

Apr 22, 2014, 11:00 AM

Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers

Apr 22, 2014, 10:48 AM

Biggest mistake of his life. One play and his career is over and has nothing to fall back on. I understand why he did it, but huge long-term mistake. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.

Yeah so true b/c he could never go back and finish college

Apr 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

once he leaves.

Re: Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers

Apr 22, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers ]

You didn't read the part about only having 10 hours left to graduate? He will get his degree.

Special place in H3ll for you A-hole***

Apr 22, 2014, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers ]

Language like a Gamecock

Apr 22, 2014, 3:48 PM

Because I voiced my opinion? In that case, I'll save a seat for ya, buddy.

You are incredibly stupid. Get off your big brother's comp***

Apr 22, 2014, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers ]

Wow....

Apr 22, 2014, 3:53 PM

If he gets injured, his life won't much at all. Even if he does get a degree, its not like most athletes really earn them. He needs all the school he can get fine sir. But I do appreciate your ad hominem. Oh wait, since you never went to college, you never learned that word. My sincerest apologies for speaking over your head.

"Wouldn't want to be ya"

Apr 22, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers ]

That may be true, but most of us would KILL for the chance to even make this choice.

It takes a special kind of stupid to presume to know what the best choice for him is. Congrats on that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Wouldn't want to be ya"

Apr 22, 2014, 3:56 PM

As my IQ is higher than yours, I appreciate the comment. The best choice for anyone is to stay in school. That's a fact. I did admittedly use hyperbole to prove a point. Yes, I would like to be in his position, but I would have made a different choice.

Dumbest post I've read in awhile***

Apr 23, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Well if you get injured, you'll be flipping burgers ]

Thanks for the Highlight Memories KJ!

Apr 22, 2014, 10:56 AM

I am the first in line to criticize most underclassmen for leaving and part of it is selfish because I hate to lose them because it has an impact on our Tiger teams from a talent perspective. The other issue is most are not prepared for pro anything as a junior, but KJ like Nuke and Sammy cannot raise their personal stock any higher!

They have to take the money when they are hot, Pro sports has set up this to their advantage. These guys have no leverage as a senior but to rest on the previous season's performance!

Love ya KJ and I might even join my three sons as an NBA fan when you are playing! You will always be a TIGER!!!

On two major points I differ completely

Apr 22, 2014, 11:39 AM

Certainly his stock could - and will - rise. The trend so far is that each year he makes a big step. It would have been no less the case in year four.

The money will be there next year, as it is now. More of it, barring injury. But injury can happen anywhere, any time, in a variety of ways, not even basketball. So that factor is a wash.

This is a tough loss, but we'll overcome it.

good luck and thanks for the show you gave us!!!***

Apr 22, 2014, 11:02 AM

Great kid-absolute best to him, hope he becomes a star

Apr 22, 2014, 11:04 AM

now Mr's Austin Ajukwa and Donte Grantham, next man up!

Wish you all the best in the NBA and life KJ. You are

Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 AM

a real highlight film and made the Tigers fun to watch this year. Thanks to Brownell and other coaches for great job of coaching the KJ and other players up.

To each his own, but this seams like a mistake to me. Good

Apr 22, 2014, 11:07 AM

luck KJ.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a perfect world, yes

Apr 22, 2014, 11:43 AM

it makes sense.

But nowadays you gotta hit while its there in front of your face.. trying to improve another year could possibly be a huge mistake, one that he would live to regret.

Its there now, take it. Not many have the opportunity at all. Why test fate in the hopes of improving a jump shot or ball handling? He can do that in the NBA as well b/c he'll be playing every day of his life until he's retired or gone from the league.

Apr 22, 2014, 11:19 AM

KJ has gotten some very bad advice, I think. There are at least 35 underclass BKB players coming out early and many will get drafted higher than KJ. That does count the seniors and foreign folks getting on the NBA train.
I hope he goes high and has a great career but I really think he is at risk for not getting to the top of the 'draft hill' by going out now.
There is no doubt the agent that seduced him is happy. His cut comes off of the top. Based on the game he had against SMU--I think KJ should have seen he had more success to claim as a CU Tiger in ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2014, 1:05 PM

After watching K.J. all year, it will be a challenge for him to make an NBA roster. Not enough work on his one on one game to be successful on that level. Great around the boards but another year would help get him ready to be a member of the NBA. Best of luck to him and his family, he will need it.

he'll be a first round pick, which means he'll make a roster

Apr 22, 2014, 1:42 PM

i may not like the decision b/c of how it affects clemson, but he's going to be a top 25 pick and will have a guaranteed NBA contract.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

I sure hope Brownell doesn't think for a minute...

Apr 22, 2014, 5:14 PM

Rod Hall is going carry this team next year.

LOL

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic