Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tommy Bowden comments on FRFF's allegations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FB Update: Tommy Bowden comments on FRFF's allegations

Apr 18, 2014, 9:12 AM

Tommy Bowden comments on FRFF's allegations

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the link.

Apr 18, 2014, 9:44 AM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3481274680001/atheists-sue-clemson-football-program-over-prayers/?intcmp=HPBucket&playlist_id=930909752001#sp=show-clips

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I SUPPORT COACH TOMMY BOWDEN

Apr 18, 2014, 9:46 AM

...oh wait, too late for that?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy Bowden is a good man who did a lot for Clemson

Apr 18, 2014, 2:25 PM

Also he cared about his players and did often share his faith. Coach Bowden provided the impetus for us to begin successful facilities improvements during his time year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Tommy Bowden comments on FRFF's allegations

Apr 18, 2014, 9:47 AM

So proud to be a Clemson Tiger! And on another note, those uniforms they were wearing in that picture with Bowden are the BEST!!! Wish they would wear those again.

Apr 18, 2014, 2:02 PM

Angiecay I agree with you. Those uniforms look great, I like them a lot and would love to see us wear them this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Last night on Hannity an atheist I can not remember his

Apr 18, 2014, 11:18 AM

name but he said and I quote "Dabo Swinney goes into recruits homes and says if you not a not a christian I do not want you to come to Clemson and play football." That is a down right lie. I guess he does not have to worry about honesty he is headed to h3ll anyway. The fact these people go on national tv and lie is what they do and how they push their agenda. I support CDS with or with out God, but I am glad he believes the same things That I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last night on Hannity an atheist I can not remember his

Apr 18, 2014, 11:37 AM

His name is Nick Fish, and like most atheists and liberals I have encountered, he is a liar and he doesn't let the facts get in the way of a "good" soundbite.

I know plenty of atheists

Apr 18, 2014, 11:52 AM

who are good people, and aren't liars. You don't necessarily need God in your life to have a functioning moral compass.

Re: I know plenty of atheists

Apr 18, 2014, 12:24 PM

Which is why I said "most I have encountered"

Apr 18, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I know plenty of atheists ]

> ...You don't necessarily need God in your life to have a
> functioning moral compass.

If not God, then what? What powers, like that of the electromagnetic field's power over the compass needle, powers the compass of nothingness? Morality has no context if your belief system is based on nothingness. It is a path from zero to zero, or at best a vector quantity with a scalar of 0.

In mathematical and scientific terms: you maintain an atheist's belief system can somehow be good, that his path from decision point X to decision point N (X->N) can possess the quality "good". Even if X>=O and N>X, your scalar value (i.e. your belief system) is still zero....giving the the following equation: 0(X->N). The result is what you started with: nothing.

Any talk of atheism possessing morality begins with a faulty premise. All morality is inherently giving into a notion of a higher power, which is the antithesis of atheism.

Would rather atheists say, morality, like God, doesn't exist***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:36 PM

Re: Would rather atheists say, morality, like God, doesn't exist***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:50 PM

The flip side of your nonsense is that MANY of the "Christians" I know are considerably less moral that any non-believers who I know. I have learned in my business dealings that the more times a character goes to church, the greater chances of being 'screwed' is magnified! The real Christians in the world, and there are many, don't try to sell themselves or their beliefs on others. They 'live the life' and that is the way it is supposed to be. The bottom line is ... you should be a good, honest,clean living person and you DO NOT have to have a 'god' to make you do it. Politics and Religion is a BELIEF ... nothing more!

Re: Would rather atheists say, morality, like God, doesn't exist***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:58 PM

"Nothing more?" To some of us nothing greater. Happy Easter!

You are awfully confused...

Apr 18, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Would rather atheists say, morality, like God, doesn't exist*** ]

You should go back reread my "momesence". Nowhere did I try to assert that christians were inherently moral--in fact, I did not even invoke christianity at all.

I am just stating via mathematical proof that an atheist ascerting morality is a contradiction.

And to your point regarding politics and religion, so to is morality a "belief" and nothing more.

Re: You are awfully confused...

Apr 18, 2014, 2:18 PM

What mathematical proof????

0 > 0.***

Apr 18, 2014, 4:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I know plenty of atheists ]

That's a bunch of BS. There is no empirical evidence of the existence of God so you are argument is based of the most faulty of faulty premises.

Apr 18, 2014, 2:50 PM

...notion of a higher power and its implications in morality that you won't even address my argument on its merit.

God, right, wrong, morality, et al.... They are all "beliefs" (i.e. logical relationships and therefore not empirical).

Notions of morality are a religious institution and for atheists to assert some sort of moral existence without deference to a deity is a contradiction.

In this, I express no affinity toward any religion, nor have I proclaimed one for myself.

Embarking upon a discussion about the role of a coach shaping young men should be first based on a solid premise. Contending the atheism can support morality is a faulty premise. Even the atheist who authored our government knew that--which is why on matters of education and moral instruction they deferred it exclusively to religious institutions. Gov't was to have no role in education except to defer it it to religious institutions. Gov't was to stay out direct influence over both religion and education.

...and you clearly failed discrete math***

Apr 18, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I know plenty of atheists ]

Just because someone choose not

Apr 18, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I know plenty of atheists ]

to be an @######, does not mean they believe in a higher power. It just means they don't see a need to be an a-hole.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2014, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I know plenty of atheists ]

When I was brought home from the hospital for the very first time, I was taken to my home on an Allee St. I went to Morrison Elementary. I was in church every time it was open. I am a believer. However, an atheist can possess and act according to a fundamental right-vs-wrong morality. This would cause an atheist to treat people respectfully, kindly, and with consideration. The fact that an atheist believes these ideas of "rightness" and "good morals" are not from God doesn't mean they aren't.

What is fundamental right vs. wrong?

Apr 18, 2014, 8:47 PM

I am trying to appeal to this prevailing notion that atheism can somehow advance the causes of good in the world. It cannot. Atheism is the religion of nothingism.

After all, what is "fundamental right vs. wrong"? ...the golden rule? Don't steal? Don't lie? These are ancient notions of morality the survive today because humans were brought up in the fear that some day, or some way, they would be held accountable for their deeds by something not seen. Sure, these are echoed in Biblical texts, in the Torah, in Buddhism, paganism, etc., but their origins seem to predate them all. However, the notions of morality that we live by today exist because of religion. Stop teaching our children religion, and watch the world that we know disappear.

Re: What is fundamental right vs. wrong?

Apr 18, 2014, 10:07 PM

By "fundamental right-vs-wrong" I mean the ability (regardless of a conscience knowledge or belief of Christ) to know which course of action is "right" or "wrong." We all are created in the image of and with the spirit of Christ...even Judas, even Pontius, even atheists. As I said previously, just because a person believes their "good acts etc." are not from God doesn't mean they aren't.

Re: What is fundamental right vs. wrong?

Apr 18, 2014, 10:18 PM

I guess a simpler way to put it is: God spoke into the nothing, and there is something now. Even when the vessel believes it is empty, there is the spirit.

I think I understand you point now....

Apr 18, 2014, 11:47 PM

I can agree with that.

Apr 18, 2014, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: I know plenty of atheists ]

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I know plenty of atheists

Apr 18, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I know plenty of atheists ]

Maybe so but many liars and cheats wouldn't be as such if they had God in their life. I think a higher percentage of people a "good moral compass" believe in God so the numbers favor those who do not deny him over those who do. Wonder how many of your atheist friends are really agnostic and how many have read the bible? Just wondering.

Apr 18, 2014, 12:58 PM

The bible?? You really don't want to go there do you?

Apr 18, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to I know plenty of atheists ]

I'm an atheist because I read the Bible. There's nothing better than reading God command people to murder infants to turn you away from such an immoral dictator.

An atheist engaging in selective theology?

Apr 18, 2014, 3:00 PM

...and if that's what you came away with, then you didn't get far past Exodus.

Re: An atheist engaging in selective theology?

Apr 18, 2014, 9:01 PM

I Samuel, but okay. No, there's plenty more, like Paul telling women to shut their mouths in church, Jesus telling us to hate our families, and of course the classic tale of God allowing Satan to use Job as his personal puppet.

Re: An atheist engaging in selective theology?

Apr 19, 2014, 12:15 AM

God allows us all to be "satan's personal puppet", as you put it. It's both His greatest gift and His biggest curse. Thats the point of the story. Do you think God "allowed" that evil-incarnate in CT to stroll into an elementary school and take the lives of the only innocent beings on this planet? And Jesus's command to put God before family is hardly controversial. And as for Paul and others, prophets were not immune to chauvinism. They were creatures of their era, and very best of them no less a sinner. If that was your big sticking point, I'm surprised you made it out of Genesis.

However, it can hardly be said that you read the Bible when you only got half way through Part 1...right at the part where God is promising both reckoning and redemption for for His wandering people. It's a two part book--and if you are going to berate Christianity--the least you could do it read the part that separates Christianity from Islam and Judaism.

Or you can just go on seething with hatred directed at what you do not know, wandering through a wilderness of moral relativism and injustice with a moral compass that has no true north.

Aaron Kelly is a Jehovah's Witness.

Apr 18, 2014, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Last night on Hannity an atheist I can not remember his ]

And he was not forced to change his beliefs.

But if you are a Christian, I'm betting that Clemson is a great place to play football.

People hide behind and skew the US Constitution

Apr 18, 2014, 12:40 PM

This fringe atheist nut group from Wisconsin seems to have only strengthened Clemson's Christian resolve. Thanks FRFF and "kiss our grits!" By the way they have it backwards, the Constitution does not "separate church and state." Never has said that but does say it's everyone's right to encourage and express their faith. Guess the education system in the south is better than that of way up north. Wonder if we could sell Wisconsin to Canada and help pay down the debt? We can make more cheese elsewhere.

Dang Will Proctor got him a good 'un.***

Apr 18, 2014, 1:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang Will Proctor got him a good 'un.***

Apr 18, 2014, 1:53 PM

Auburn Stands With Clemson! This whole ordeal is uniting people in ways it never would. It's not about SEC, ACC...it's about what's right! Stand Tall Clemson! We Stand With You!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2014, 2:22 PM

In the attached video's after the one with TB. There was a news deal where a Rapper cut off his own tool, and it couldn't be reattached. What an Idiot, but, I guess he will be a double Rapper for awhile anyway. Before he starts his Rapper music, he will have to Wrap the nub where his tool was. He also jumped out of a two story window. That had to have been the worse day of his life after he tested the edge on his knife, and the bounce of his A$S!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most on here know I'm a TB fan and I agree with everything

Apr 18, 2014, 2:23 PM

he said here. What Dabo is doing is nothing different than what Bobby Bowden did most of his tenure at FSU

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic