Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster

Apr 15, 2014, 5:33 PM

DT commitment started three years ago with a signed poster

A poster that Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney gave to a young high school player three years ago made its way back to Death Valley Tuesday, bringing good news along with it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang..what a neat story & DabO is getting it done! Welcome

Apr 15, 2014, 5:43 PM

to DV young Greenwood Man..and let's git er done!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tickled to death......

Apr 15, 2014, 6:03 PM

I'm an old Greenwood High School grad and it seems most of my alumni ended up at usc. Love seeing 2 commits out of (The Wood) in the last week!

Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.***

Apr 15, 2014, 6:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.***

Apr 15, 2014, 6:48 PM

I remember Eddie Seigler and Chuck Huntley way back in the day. Maybe Tappy Squires, I'm not sure.

Apr 15, 2014, 7:02 PM

1988, Tappy Squires was in my class '68 and Chuck and Eddie were class of '69. Eddie was the first sidewinder kicker for both GHS and Clemson. Class of '66 had Big Ivan Southerland and Randy Harvey who went to Clemson. I think Brush Babb went the year before.
On the other hand, both Ted and Thomas Wingard, Eddie Bolton and Tyler Hellams matriculated to the dark side...

Apr 15, 2014, 7:28 PM

Don't even sat Tyler hellams. I still break out in a cold sweat. Cause of one play

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2014, 7:30 PM

Say

Apr 15, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

Hey! Got u another one that went to the other side back then. Neville Files.
I've got a great story about Wells Masengill( Walk-on kicker out of Greenwood). He was in my class at GHS. My brother graduated GHS in 68.
Me , in 72.

Apr 15, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

Jaybird, I had no idea Ivan Sutherland was from Greenwood.
I think almost everyone in the 69 class played college ball.

Apr 15, 2014, 10:09 PM

Wells' brother Paul was my age and a very good friend. The Massengills' lived on Sunset Dr. and I lived in Sheffield, just down the street. The Wingards(heavy #### fans and football players) lived on Susnset between us.
Yep, As a freshman in 1968 I watched as Tyler Hellams ran back a 68 yard TD in DV to beat us 7-3 or maybe 6-3. When I went home to Greenwood after exams to Christmas parties, I learned first hand of the elitist nature of the cacks. People I had thought of as friends who were students in Cola were changed into superior beings and wanted me to know it. I went from being a so-so Clemson fan to a die-hard one that Christmas...

Apr 15, 2014, 10:17 PM

1988, Do you mind me asking the name of yor brother? GHS 1968 had almost 300 grads. We had our 45th reunion last June and nearly 10% are not with us anymore. Hope your brother is not in that 10%...Jaybird

Apr 16, 2014, 9:21 AM

Jaybird, I imagine you remember my brother. Yep, Sammy Moss let him know about reunion but he didnt make it. John Gantt. My family had the State/Fox theater uptown next to the Post Office.
Get back w/ me if you get this.

Apr 16, 2014, 9:18 PM

1988, Sammy and John were friends of mine, I knew Sammy for a longer time though. The Moss' lived in Beckridge which paralleled Sunset Dr.
You might have been in my brother's(Crosby) class or my sister's(Mary) class at GHS..Jaybird

Apr 17, 2014, 8:17 AM

Jaybird, sure I remember Crosby and Mary. I dont get to G'wood anymore but miss my many good friends there.
I'm in Lexington now. (Paul Gantt)
Go Tigers! Our season is 4 months away and I'm already fired up about our recruiting for 2015. Lol

I have one for you. What ever happened to Ms. 'Bunny" ?***

Apr 18, 2014, 12:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

Paul, Nice to meet you via Tigernet. Yes, we have much to look forward to this year with our football Tigers.
Did you ever attend any of the McMoPinWa Tiger parties in Greenwood during the 80s? They were epic. They were hosted by Bobby McCord, Sammy Moss, Charlie Pinson and Hamp Wade, all friends of mine and probably yours too.. Go Tigers!

Apr 15, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

District of Columbia is NOT going to like this....

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Harvey White ... led 1958 team to Sugar Bowl and was the

Apr 15, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

first player the New England Patriots (Then Boston) ever signed.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2482&dat=20080202&id=6DkzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0hMLAAAAIBAJ&pg=1825,551467

Larry Ryans came out of Greenwood...'89 i think?

Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Greenwood used to be all in for Clemson.*** ]

Friend of mine in the band knew him from HS...

Re: Larry Ryans came out of Greenwood...'89 i think?

Apr 17, 2014, 11:29 AM

Yes you are correct and his room mate was James Trapp. Larry was a very good kid from a good family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am not missing the drama on signing day

Apr 15, 2014, 6:23 PM

Lock them in early and get them in school early. Make ESecPN work for the signing day drama. I love where our program is headed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Good decision for all...***

Apr 15, 2014, 6:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love this

Apr 15, 2014, 10:38 PM

Just so happy that a kid that grew up loving the Tigers has a chance to play for the Tigers. I'm sure his parents are through the roof right now. For me, it just makes me cheer a little louder when we bring one of our own into the fold. That said, I hope he dedicates himself to the opportunity and makes us all proud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELCOME Gage & Family ! ! ! Can't wait to see you coming

Apr 16, 2014, 9:31 AM

down The Hill !

GO T I G E R S ! !

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic