Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Cole Stoudt's job to lose?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,186

New Story: Cole Stoudt's job to lose?

Apr 13, 2014, 12:02 AM

Cole Stoudt's job to lose?

Senior quarterback Cole Stoudt did what he had to do Saturday, leading three scoring drives and avoiding the kinds of mistakes that make coaches cringe. Is it his job to lose heading into the summer? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we're going off the Spring game

Apr 13, 2014, 2:33 AM

Nick Schuessler has a better chance at the starting job then Swag... Especially if the rumors that he didn't play the second half because he was arguing with the coaches are true.

Re: New Story: Cole Stoudt's job to lose?

Apr 13, 2014, 3:20 AM

I really wish Watson would've got to play. I think the race is between stoudt and him. Cole impressed with the touch on the ball you need to get it between the safety and corner while ck11 depended too much on firing his cannon. IMO

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is no competion for starting QB..

Apr 13, 2014, 7:49 AM

Cole Stoudt is the new starting QB.This whole QB competition is more for publicity than any thing else. If Cole stays healthy he will be our starting QB. IMO Cole should have been played more last year but no matter how poorly Tajh played Dabo just couldn't bear the thought of bringing his Heisman trophy candidate out of the game.I like Cole's attitude and leadership ability and think he is going to be a great QB this year.

Re: there is no competion for starting QB..

Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 AM

This offense needs a QB who can also be a running threat. I don't see Cole as much a running threat, and that is a huge dimension in our offense. I hope we don't suffer because of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2014, 6:02 PM

Cole is a running threat. In small spaces, he is as quick as Tajh was. He can't take quite as big hits, but he can scramble just fine.

Apr 13, 2014, 9:44 PM

I hope you are right, but I don't see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2014, 10:26 AM [ in reply to there is no competion for starting QB.. ]

I agree with you on that.

Apr 13, 2014, 8:02 AM

They should have let them trade the team they were on at the half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2014, 9:33 AM

Agreed. It would have been interesting to see Stoudt handle Beasley and the other defensive guys.

Apr 13, 2014, 7:50 PM

And not having Williams and a few more of the better players....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was design.

Apr 13, 2014, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Cole Stoudt's job to lose? ]

Kelly needed humbling without question. I'd say the coaches have his attention right now. I'd expect a summer like Tajh gave us after his first year as a starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson is still in it. This offense has to have a QB that

Apr 13, 2014, 10:32 AM

is a legitimate run threat.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson is not in it - too skinny and fragile - needs RS yr

Apr 13, 2014, 7:59 PM

to toughen up. Kelly, if he matures, can be the running QB sub that Morris likes so much. He can be used as a wildcat like Spurrier uses so effectively - great change of pace from Stoudt's steady game management with beautiful touch passes the receivers love so much. Hopefully Fleming can become the short yd. man instead of using QB as power back?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt is on point with assesment

Apr 13, 2014, 11:28 AM

Stoudt will put up huge numbers if he stays on point and connected with Coach Morris. Boyde was a very talented QB but he was too cocky in his on abilities to absorb what Chad was saying. Just move the ball and don't turn it over, take what the defenses give you and allow your playmakers to do their thing. This year if Stoudt continues to progress and listen to CM you could see something very special in those hills.

Re: Stoudt is on point with assesment

Apr 13, 2014, 7:52 PM

Then we start a new starter again next season for the second year in a row.

Apr 13, 2014, 9:48 PM

So what! It works for KY basketball. This is college football. It's year to year.

Apr 14, 2014, 11:45 AM

agree 100 % .It's the old " But we have a young team "..that's the dumbest most worn out excuse I ever hear in college athletics. Of course you have a young team. The college and NCAA make the older ones leave.Not sometimes but every year.No you can't keep a guy 10 yrs. and ...if you don't have any good Jr. and Sr. players then whose fault is that.
You just have to love it cause you can't make it up.

Apr 14, 2014, 11:26 AM

If I had to rank QBs:
1) Stoudt
2) Schuesslar (sp?)
3) Kelly

(Watson did not play)

NOT STARTING A RUMOR......but, I just heard..

Apr 14, 2014, 4:40 PM

Kelly has been dismissed from the team!

Anyone?

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic