Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Scrimmage notes: Who starts in the secondary? You might be surprised
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Scrimmage notes: Who starts in the secondary? You might be surprised

Apr 7, 2014, 7:17 PM

Scrimmage notes: Who starts in the secondary? You might be surprised

We have plenty of news and nuggets from today's scrimmage inside the indoor practice facility. Included is a conversation with head coach Dabo Swinney in which he tells who the four starters would be in the secondary if the season started today. What quarterback completed a long pass to "win" the scrimmage? What did Chad Morris not like? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very! Jadar over Jayron, and Cordrea??? Good to see new

Apr 7, 2014, 7:40 PM

faces stepping up! What great names: Jadar and Jayron!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way

Apr 7, 2014, 7:44 PM

That jadar will start in front of kearse! He's probably the 3rd most physical athlete on the entire team. This has to be a motivational move on dabos part.

Maybe not

Apr 7, 2014, 7:47 PM

Jayron made some big plays, but he made some huge busts as well. O.S.U. really picked on him a few plays. It doesn't matter if how big and fast you are if you bust coverages or get sucked out of position. He is fast, but he's not faster than the ball.

Re: No way

Apr 7, 2014, 8:05 PM [ in reply to No way ]

How do we know? Jayron was in a better position than Jadar last season. He played behind Blanks who was injured. Jadar played behind Smith who played the entire season, so we really did not get to see what he could do. He made some great tackles when he did play and he saved the last touchdown in the FSU game. He showed some speed on that play.

Apr 7, 2014, 10:37 PM [ in reply to No way ]

C O A C H speak!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way

Apr 7, 2014, 8:01 PM

He was a true freshman on a huge stage against one of the best qb's in the country. The other db's killed us all year.he did awesome for a freshman.

Apr 7, 2014, 8:08 PM

As the FS in our scheme, being in the right spot is pretty much the most important thing. Being physical and a ball hawk is secondary to that.

Jayron's a good athlete, but his 3 busted plays in the Orange Bowl almost allowed Ohio State to beat us. He'll definitely do big things here, but there's no harm in Jadar getting some love.

By the way, our corner play was a lot better than safety play last year.

Re: Re: No way

Apr 7, 2014, 8:17 PM

If we added up all of peters and bakers mistakes, they would still be in the burn unit. I'm glad jadar and cordea are stepping up, but there is something special about kearse. Pay close attention this year.

Apr 7, 2014, 8:18 PM

I don't know if Peters ever got burned 3 times in a single game for TDs, but okay.

Like I said, I like Kearse but being in the right position is just as important as anything else. I hope they all play well.

Apr 7, 2014, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: No way ]

If we added up all of peters and bakers mistakes, they would still be in the burn unit. I'm glad jadar and cordea are stepping up, but there is something special about kearse. Pay close attention this year.

Apr 7, 2014, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: No way ]

Re: New Story: Scrimmage notes: Who starts in the secondary? You might be surprised

Apr 7, 2014, 8:05 PM

Nice to finally hear Cordrea's name. Been expecting him to come into his own some time or another. Let's hope he keeps it up, because that means we that Peters can be out sometimes without consequence.

Lots of coaches on Tnet tonight.***

Apr 7, 2014, 8:09 PM

Re: Lots of coaches on Tnet tonight.***

Apr 7, 2014, 10:40 PM

That's everyday and night!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to be a coach to sign up***

Apr 8, 2014, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Lots of coaches on Tnet tonight.*** ]

Good problems to have

Apr 7, 2014, 8:14 PM

This defense is going to be nasty.

Well into the fall?

Apr 7, 2014, 9:47 PM

Man, I hope it doesn't go that long. Starting QB needs time to develop chemistry with the WRs or am I overstating that?

Re: Well into the fall?

Apr 7, 2014, 10:43 PM

We all believe that, but Dabo and Morris is trying to head off any transfers. There isn't a doubt in my mind that if Dabo was to say that Cole was going to be the starter in the fall, Chad wouldn't be at Clemson this fall. Just my opinion!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic