Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney speaks on Clemson housing, upgrades, etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 3,923

FB Update: Swinney speaks on Clemson housing, upgrades, etc

Apr 3, 2014, 11:09 AM

Swinney speaks on Clemson housing, upgrades, etc

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved the Hood

Apr 3, 2014, 11:17 AM

had a 80' White Pine crash through my roof while living there during an afternoon thunderstorm... pretty sturdy not to completely flatten. Pretty big branch knifed through the center light fixture though...

They're are pretty scary looking but it was the only place on campus where you could live separate from a huge building of idiots. As long as your fellow duplex neighbors were cool it was a great place to live.

I lived in the Hood in '02. Those stains are my fault

Apr 3, 2014, 11:47 AM

Sorry Dabo. They had a pretty nice ping pong table at the wash room facility back then.

In the Spring of '91, I dropped a few quarters in the

Apr 3, 2014, 12:05 PM

RBI Baseball arcade game in the laundry mat. I enjoyed living in Thornhill the 2nd semester of my Freshman year.

At this rate, every place I stayed in Clemson will be gone.

Apr 3, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I loved the Hood ]

Freshman & Sophomore year were shoeboxes, Junior year was Thornhill, & Senior year was Freedom Drive apartments.

So far, Freedom Drive apartments have been nuked and become a Publix (I think it's a Publix) parking lot with an iHop & Red Bowl stuff. Those apartments rocked, could walk to the ABC Store that burned down the year after I graduated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Amen.....I spent a semester in Thughill

Apr 3, 2014, 12:06 PM

First semester sophomore year a few years ago. It was nice being on campus, but the place itself was a dump. I always wondered why some athletes lived there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lightsey is and Stadium Suites are the best on campus

Apr 3, 2014, 12:13 PM

and I would give them B- grades at best. Dabo is right, on campus housing is atrocious.

I lived a year in Thornhood Village

Apr 3, 2014, 12:14 PM

It was outdated in 1983. Good location though.

Lived there '82-'83***

Apr 3, 2014, 12:22 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Wow, what a relief. Someone of significance finally pointed

Apr 3, 2014, 12:26 PM

out the obvious. While we're at it, aren't sections of Johnstone still standing?! How about the travesty that is Brackett Hall, too? One of the ugliest nods to early-90s architecture I have ever seen!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, what a relief. Someone of significance finally pointed

Apr 3, 2014, 12:32 PM

Not of the original Stone....the "girls" section (A) that was attached to the Union is there, but THE Johnstone everyone called Johnstone (C,D,F), was the building behind all that. Last I saw, it's completely gone.

Re: Re: Wow, what a relief. Someone of significance finally pointed

Apr 12, 2019, 9:16 AM

What I see today is much nicer than Johnstone D4 of '90-'91, but can't be as much fun.

I never noticed it as a student, but a few years ago walking

Apr 3, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Wow, what a relief. Someone of significance finally pointed ]

on campus I noticed how out of place Brackett is. There have to be several groups of people to blame that one on.

Re: Lived there '82-'83***

Apr 3, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Lived there '82-'83*** ]

Me too!

Re: Lived there '82-'83***

Apr 3, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Lived there '82-'83*** ]

I also lived there in '83-84. Lived next door to a guy on the swim team who dealt weed to most of the campus lol. Sorry to say some members of our not-so-good basketball team were frequent visitors of his .. :)

*Guess he never experienced...

Apr 3, 2014, 11:27 AM

THE Stone....Johnstone...now there is where the memories of so many a freshman lie (including some of mine). And paint was the least of it's worries.

Re: *Guess he never experienced...

Apr 3, 2014, 2:21 PM

Agree - lived in Johnstone in '84 to '86. Had a blast as a Freshman and Sophomore - just had to deal with the weekend puke and stale beer smell....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try living there now.***

Apr 3, 2014, 2:32 PM [ in reply to *Guess he never experienced... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Wow- Dabo with a British or Aussie accent -- are we

Nov 12, 2019, 9:06 AM

expanding our recruiting footprint?

;)

Dabo trying to get back into Real Estate?***

Apr 3, 2014, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo should express those thoughts behind closed doors with

Apr 3, 2014, 12:57 PM

BOT and the President It does nobody any good to air our problems in public, or where public can read it. I thought Danny was right as well, but it led to hid demise (unjustly).

Um NO he is fundraising at a fundraising event

Apr 3, 2014, 1:06 PM

He is not directly going against the administration. They are in support of new housing they just need the funding which is the purpose of the "Will to Lead" events

I hope the media will see it that way. Will hurt recruiting

Apr 3, 2014, 1:12 PM

to shed light on problems rather accenting positives. JMHO

Agreed

Apr 3, 2014, 1:33 PM

You are right CUTIGR69, and the story doesn't say it's a fundraising event to upgrade facilities. Whoever sees the headline will think he is complaining about how horrible the housing is and they will stop right there. I too had a flashback to the Danny Ford mess.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's wrong with telling the truth?

Apr 3, 2014, 2:22 PM

This Is what I like about Dabo. He will tell it like it is. He has an agenda...believe me. And the line the football coaches take to recruiting is relational based anyway. It has very little to do with housing. Comprende?

Try to understand...

Apr 3, 2014, 4:19 PM

You must be new. They fired the best football coach in the history of Clemson football for sticking his nose into such matters in the late 80s. Just saying, the board of trustees will not stand for a football coach even hinting that he knows best about anything other than football. We like Dabo and would like him to stay away from all that stuff. We would like to learn from the history so that we don't repeat it. Comprende?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try to understand...

Apr 3, 2014, 6:34 PM

Nah, I've been around the program since the late 70's. You make a nice point.

Hopefully the BOT learned something from the Danny Ford

Apr 3, 2014, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Try to understand... ]

fiasco and I'm not new.

Re: Hopefully the BOT learned something from the Danny Ford

Apr 3, 2014, 8:25 PM

they did not learn not to give TB that HUGE contract with that STUPID buy-out so don`t be too sure

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually its the opposite

Apr 3, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Dabo should express those thoughts behind closed doors with ]

I went to a re-recognition meeting for all student orgs. and they touched on the situation. The states of GA and NC put billions into on campus housing, while SC only puts in 200M. In short the school is trying to start a huge PR campaign on the project to raise funding/awareness for housing improvements to the state legislator.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You mean that 8000% increase in tuition over the last 10

Apr 3, 2014, 3:07 PM

years didn't include enough to significantly upgrade campus housing?

Also, what the heck is a "re-recognition meeting"?

TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bottom line is the State of SC doesn't give a rat's ###

Apr 3, 2014, 8:14 PM

education, especially something like housing.

Huge difference in the two situations

Apr 3, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Dabo should express those thoughts behind closed doors with ]

Dabo is working with the administration. Danny was working against them, and continued to do so after being told to stand down.

Re: FB Update: Swinney speaks on Clemson housing, upgrades, etc

Apr 3, 2014, 1:23 PM

all about recruiting

Just don't mess with the shoeboxes.***

Apr 3, 2014, 1:33 PM

He's right. Housing is really important to students.

Apr 3, 2014, 2:57 PM

When high school students are looking at colleges, the beauty of the campus - and most importantly, the housing offered - are deal breakers. While our campus is pretty overall, some of the housing buildings are in especially bad shape. Upgrading the housing options in an aggressive way would go a long way toward not only keeping the great students we already get, but in getting even more of the top students who are considering other great schools as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Wouldn't we attract more students...

Apr 3, 2014, 8:39 PM

if we had free beer and rolling papers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney speaks on Clemson housing, upgrades, etc

Apr 4, 2014, 9:59 AM

I have to live in Thornhill (AKA the ghetto) next semester and when I went to show my parents, my mom thought it was government housing....

Replies: 37
| visibility 3,923
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic