Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Want to know who the starting QB is? You may have to wait a while
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Want to know who the starting QB is? You may have to wait a while

Apr 2, 2014, 2:27 PM

Want to know who the starting QB is? You may have to wait a while

Everybody wants to know who the starting quarterback will be when the Tigers take on Georgia in the season opener, but the truth is that we may all have to wait to know that answer. And that's ok. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to know how well our offense is doing

Apr 2, 2014, 2:35 PM

Versus our defense in these practices. With the expectations our defense has, if our offense has been doing as well as advertised, it's gonna be a good year!

Go Tigers!

Re: Good to know how well our offense is doing

Apr 2, 2014, 2:40 PM

dabo and everyone else will know who the starting qb is when the chad tells us!

Apr 2, 2014, 2:46 PM

so, dabo dont have a say into who it will be huh mr clemson. poor old dabo, why does he even show up at practice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ZING!***

Apr 2, 2014, 2:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^Found one***

Apr 2, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Good to know how well our offense is doing ]

null

Apr 2, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Good to know how well our offense is doing ]

since he closes practice only the players, other coaches and security know for sure. or maybe he might let our hof baseball coach sit in to help chad and bret out. maybe you should ask jackleg, mr baseball. but I think both the oc and dc here have total control over their part of the program and we don't have a st coach. so if dabo is there I assume he is being the ceo and over seeing. don't you think since chad is the oc and has been one before at Tulsa he would make the decision. by the way have you ever noticed who calls plays when we are on offense? that is if you are away from baseball long enough.

Re: Re: Good to know how well our offense is doing

Apr 2, 2014, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Good to know how well our offense is doing ]

What a dork. Wash that towel after you log off TNet

After reading this article

Apr 2, 2014, 3:36 PM

I learned nothing new. I'm more confused.

It's like the guy making statements to the waiter at the restaurant:

"Waiter, if this is tea, please bring me coffee. But if this is coffee, please bring me tea!"

WIN - WIN - WIN for all the Qb's - why not? If all are doing

Apr 2, 2014, 3:45 PM

well, as the coaches and players say and the video shows, none of them will think of leaving. If all is equal, Stoudt will start, however even if Kelly wins it, Stoudt is a big enough man to take it! Also, Watson is already mature enough to take a redshirt, as all of his heros did - Winston, Tajh, and Johnny FB. All this is barring injury, and remember the only one not injured in last year, is 6ft. 5 and now 235lbs, so that is a good thing! I would like to see a dual qb with Stoudt being the pinpoint passer - steady calm and dependable (at 235 he may even have to take the Tajh role as power runner. Then with Kelly coming in with dynamic swagcat plus - quite a combo! May they all feel like winners. They can all have their time to shine!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole won't be like Tajh in the running game

Apr 2, 2014, 3:48 PM

at least not in the way of a power runner imo. Tajh was built like a tank. Cole is taller and longer so the same weight doesn't translate the same way on his body. Besides I think we finally have the power back we've missed for a while in Gallman and Dye when he gets healthy. Choice is a power back as well though I think he RS

You are right - thanks for pointing that out.***

Apr 2, 2014, 3:51 PM

Would Like To Know By End Of July ---

Apr 2, 2014, 4:29 PM

Best for the team as well as the offense to get
an absolute flow with all starting players together.

"Insert unfounded opinion of who starting QB will be here"*****

Apr 2, 2014, 6:37 PM

Re: "Insert unfounded opinion of who starting QB will be here"*****

Apr 2, 2014, 7:57 PM

if anyone thinks dabo runs this offense you are delusional. for a reference, go back and look at our o film before chad got here. I think that is why we pay chad $1.4 million a year as the highest paid oc in the country. I seriously doubt dabo even attempts to DABBLE in the offense.

Re: Re: "Insert unfounded opinion of who starting QB will be here"*****

Apr 2, 2014, 8:13 PM

Well, I agree that It's Chad's offense to run as he pleases but don't you think Dabo may call some of the personnel decisions?

Taj was a genious .....

Apr 2, 2014, 7:52 PM

on 3rd down short yardage situations. Does everyone remember HOW AWFUL we were in 3rd AND 4th down short yardage plays until Taj mastered it? I don't think it was as much a lack of a power back as it was a very mediocre ( to put it nicely) offensive line! But I finally saw improvement last year.

true, except in some in really big games.***

Apr 2, 2014, 8:24 PM

Swag

Apr 2, 2014, 8:57 PM

you heard it here first

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt starts, Kelly Backs up, Deshaun redshirts.

Apr 2, 2014, 10:43 PM

clear

Re: Stoudt starts, Kelly Backs up, Deshaun redshirts.

Apr 3, 2014, 12:42 AM

Crystal!

And totally agree. Stoudt is the steady guy, the guy who's had to prove it every year. The guy who has never been given the respect he's earned in 3 yrs here. The guy who's never supposed to be "the guy". I think all this "competition" may be what drives the kid.

We all keep hearing about Kelly being "hand picked" by Morris. News flash: EVERY RECRUIT IS HAND PICKED!!.. And if memory serves, Dabo went after Cole. Does that make him "hand picked" by the head coach?
Hmmmmmm.... interesting.

And we are reminded daily that Kelly is confident and competitive. But for some reason Stoudt is what..... not confident?..... not competitive? Really?!?!? I hope Cole once again rises to the occasion.... as he has done since he got here.... every time he's called on..... every time we've needed him..... and finally gets not only the job, but maybe a bit of well deserved respect. Respect to a guy that is a bit of a throw back. All about the team and doing his part. Playing for Clemson, for Dabo, for the coaches, for the TEAM, NOT.... himself. (probably would have been a good teammate in '81.. Think Danny Ford would have appreciated that? I think so!)

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... "Swag" is ... getting the freaking job done! It's not showmanship, or playing the game via media and social networks. It's about playing on Saturday's (and the occasional Thursday). It's about trust, consistancy, dependability. It's about simply being one of 11 guys on the field. It's about letting your teammates know, everything is OK. It's about doing the job, and letting everyone else talk about it when the job has been successfully completed.

Excellent Post?

Apr 3, 2014, 6:48 AM

Well said catbird1776.
I think Stoudt is our starter but the competition is good for all four guys and its giving them a chance to get the necessary work in. Very blessed is Clemson to have a wealth of talent at most positions , but at the QB it is a godsend .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic