Breaking News
Breaking News
  0 chatters in TigerActive   Go!  
Front Page » TigerNet Forums » Archives » Tiger Board Archive

Topic: BKB Update: McDaniels on leaving early for the NBA
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 2, 2014 7:55 AM by: allorangeallthetime52®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

Back to [ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
I suspect he is gone if he projects in the draft... [2]
Posted: Apr 2, 2014 4:55 AM

I sat by an NBA scout at the ACC Tourney one year when Favors, Shumpert and Vasquez were playing against each other.

He basically said the less is known about a player, the higher their potential ceiling and the higher their draft status.

He said he would be surprised if Vasquez was drafted (went 28th), but that Favors and Shumpert were the ones he was there to see. Favors was the 3rd pick that year. Shumpert left the next year as a 17 pick.

Using that logic, it is clear that KJ has development needs, but he has significantly improved every year. If he were to plateau and not get much better next year, his stock would fall quite a bit, as he is really a natural 2, but his shooting needs a lot of work. Those 2-3 guys in the NBA have to consistently nail jump shots, and KJ's low release will get his shot smacked around at the next level.

If he projects 1st round, I say it's a no brainier that he's gone. Honestly, I love the guy and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see first round in his future. If it is, I think it is on potential vs. where he is today.

null
302 people have read this post