Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: McDaniels on leaving early for the NBA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,281

BKB Update: McDaniels on leaving early for the NBA

Apr 1, 2014, 9:52 PM

McDaniels on leaving early for the NBA

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Needing improvement = coming back ....

Apr 1, 2014, 9:53 PM

Right? Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Needing improvement = coming back ....

Apr 2, 2014, 7:52 AM

I agree in that I do believe that KJ will be in a Clemson uniform again next season. KJ is an awesome athlete, and I think that we could easily put him as one of the top 25 defensive college players in the country. But his offensive game needs more than a dunk. KJ knows that, and IMO that is what brings him back next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is there even a debate? He has a chance to be

Apr 1, 2014, 11:04 PM

ACC POY and 1st team AA.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the debate is simply does he think a team will

Apr 1, 2014, 11:22 PM

reach high enough this year and put him in their own NBA developmental league while getting paid rather than coming back. I'd value college more be cause the NBA will always be there. I don't think he stock improves or worsens so you've made it this long not being 'rich' I think u can make 1 more year.

Re: I think the debate is simply does he think a team will

Apr 2, 2014, 7:55 AM

No doubt, and I'm sure that is what his parents are telling him. Get that college Degree son!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's good that he knows he can improve

Apr 1, 2014, 11:45 PM

And I'm glad he sees that he will benefit from an extra year of college. I really do feel we will keep him next year. HI think he will be the deciding factor as to if next year's team matches this year's success, or goes way above it.

Either way, the future looks bright! Go Tigers!

I suspect he is gone if he projects in the draft...

Apr 2, 2014, 4:55 AM

I sat by an NBA scout at the ACC Tourney one year when Favors, Shumpert and Vasquez were playing against each other.

He basically said the less is known about a player, the higher their potential ceiling and the higher their draft status.

He said he would be surprised if Vasquez was drafted (went 28th), but that Favors and Shumpert were the ones he was there to see. Favors was the 3rd pick that year. Shumpert left the next year as a 17 pick.

Using that logic, it is clear that KJ has development needs, but he has significantly improved every year. If he were to plateau and not get much better next year, his stock would fall quite a bit, as he is really a natural 2, but his shooting needs a lot of work. Those 2-3 guys in the NBA have to consistently nail jump shots, and KJ's low release will get his shot smacked around at the next level.

If he projects 1st round, I say it's a no brainier that he's gone. Honestly, I love the guy and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see first round in his future. If it is, I think it is on potential vs. where he is today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: BKB Update: McDaniels on leaving early for the NBA

Apr 2, 2014, 7:34 AM

NBA will want to see a healthy McDaniels play. He will be back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,281
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic