Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: SMU rallies to knock Tigers out of the NIT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: SMU rallies to knock Tigers out of the NIT

Apr 1, 2014, 9:18 PM

SMU rallies to knock Tigers out of the NIT

Clemson blew a 12-point halftime lead and had a deadly six-minute field goal drought late in the second half as SMU defeated Clemson in the semifinals of the NIT at Madison Square Garden Tuesday night. Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to shabby

Apr 1, 2014, 9:31 PM

For a team picked to finish, what, 14th in the conf. I mean, they weren't expected to even sniff a postseason tourney. This team always played hard, that's for sure. Sure hope that somehow KJ is back for his senior season. Probably unlikely, but if so, things could be very interesting. Heck, if he doesn't come back, and a couple of the younger guys put in the work, and mature into their game over the summer, it could be interesting anyways

I do think we've got a pretty dang good hoops coach

Apr 1, 2014, 9:35 PM

I know opinions vary on BB, but say what you will, that guy can coach, and every year he'll be a little bit better of a coach. No, he isn't known as one of the hotshot recruiters, but he's improved a lot in that area since his arrival. I just hope we can keep him around awhile. The job he did this season was nothing short of phenomenal

Always believed in this team

Apr 1, 2014, 9:35 PM

I still think we could have done well in NCAA tournament. One more year KJ and this team is pretty much guaranteed top 3 in the ACC next year

KJ is long gone.***

Apr 2, 2014, 8:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: New Story: SMU rallies to knock Tigers out of the NIT

Sep 7, 2015, 8:01 PM

The Tigers did a great job finishing the season. All we need are some more shooters and some refs who will make calls the same way for both teams! Roper missed a couple that he usually makes at the end of tonight's game, and the refs got on the SMU rally bandwagon as they called us for fouls that SMU got away with. This is fairly normal for BB refs, and why basketball sucks! They just can't get it right--no wonder Clemson people love football so much.

Coach BB is good. Hope he can become even better.

Apr 1, 2014, 10:15 PM

I think the only area where Coach BB needs to hone his skills is with motivating and inspiring on the fly. I want him to yank some guys during games and light a fire under them.

Tonight was the example. Early in second half, Clemson let the lead get too low before Clemson coaches tried to manage it. The team was settling for jumpers.

I think Coach BB is second guessing himself for not figuring out how to step on SMUs throat to start second half. We all saw what was happening but it was like Clemson staff was too close to the action to see it.

SMU could have been rattled. They are not most disciplined team.

I wish we would have changed some D in second half.

This was a game that saw other team make adjustments and dictate the game in the second half.

That is where Coach BB needs to mature or become more seasoned as a coach. But it probably takes making mistakes to learn it too.

Hope everyone on Clemson's team ... coaches to players.. focuses on improving and building on successes of this season.

The team surpassed preseason expectations... but we all wanted a little more once we started the ride.

We beat USuC. That's all that matters.***

Apr 2, 2014, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic