Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables likes what he sees in Mackensie Alexander
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables likes what he sees in Mackensie Alexander

Mar 29, 2014, 11:50 AM

Venables likes what he sees in Mackensie Alexander

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said Friday that it has been a "typical" spring at Clemson. However, he did say that two young players in the secondary have made an impression. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love the attitude of this coaching staff

Mar 29, 2014, 12:04 PM

Nothing is just handed to you. With this staff you have to earn it. I think that's how we stopped losing to teams that we're supposed to be. The win isn't guaranteed. You have to go out there and take it.

Go Tigers.

Alexander and Baker are the future at corner

Mar 29, 2014, 12:33 PM

Glad to see they are coming along. I hope they both start week 1 but I'm probably just wishfully thinking.

Hopefully.....the "near future"***

Mar 30, 2014, 4:38 PM

Re: Hopefully.....the "near future"***

Mar 30, 2014, 9:33 PM

Yawn......wow I've been away for a while, just reading through all the garbage responses. Prime tiger, yours is the BEST!! Hopefully the near future???? Nope my friend, I'll be around for another two seasons, if you didn't do the math!!!!! Now now now, testy testy testy, you're wishing him away are you???? How miserable are you??? :)

Mar 30, 2014, 10:05 PM

Now you don't even know what your talking about. Is this the first message board you've ever been on?

One poster said "Alexander and Baker are the future at corner" and he replied "hopefully near future" meaning that he hopes they make an immediate impact on the field. It was nothing about you or your son. This just shows that you are just looking to start fights with people over nothing!

Mar 30, 2014, 10:20 PM

One of the few times I'm having to use the iggy feature on this board.

Mar 30, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Hopefully.....the "near future"*** ]

Yawn......wow I've been away for a while, just reading through all the garbage responses. Prime tiger, yours is the BEST!! Hopefully the near future???? Nope my friend, I'll be around for another two seasons, if you didn't do the math!!!!! Now now now, testy testy testy, you're wishing him away are you???? How miserable are you??? :)

Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this

Mar 29, 2014, 1:31 PM

year. The increased comfort level for both players in the system should yield some big hits.

It could get ugly. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this

Mar 29, 2014, 1:45 PM

Moving Blanks back to nickle back will be a good move as well. He just never seemed to be comfortable at safety.

Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this

Mar 29, 2014, 7:36 PM

BentZero, the article wasn't about Blanks, keep your comments relevant! How comfortable are you at safety? Once again, people comment that do not know or care the sacrifice these players make!

Mar 29, 2014, 8:26 PM

Get outta here with that nonsense.

Every player makes the same sacrifices. There's nothing wrong with pointing out that Blanks was better as a freshman than he was in a new position as a sophomore.

If you're butthurt over that, maybe a football message board isn't your thing.

Re: Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this

Mar 29, 2014, 8:48 PM

Was my response addressing you? I didn't think so!! Time and time again I come to this msg board to see OUR tigers torn down. I will always defend mine against the pitiful naysayers on this board!!! Now YOU get outta here with that NONSENSE!!

Mar 29, 2014, 9:25 PM

Lol. Carry on complaining about people stating the obvious. You're not the first person who thought that they were defending the honor of the players by being whiny about very valid critiques of the status quo.

Whatever, lady.

Mar 29, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this ]

"Time and time again"??? You've been registered for 4 months and have 7 posts! How many times could you have come to this board?

Also the article was about the status of the defense and the above poster referenced an article about Blanks from a few days ago, and is definitely relevant to this new story. Pull your head out of your ###.

Blanks will return to Nickel and will really shine again

Mar 29, 2014, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this ]

2%???Never seen that low of a score - you gotta be 98% coot!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alexander

Mar 30, 2014, 10:06 AM

Mackenzie told everyone on signing day that he was coming to win a championship...c'mon guys when a player is that confident about his game,I expect beast mode 24/7....do your thing Mackenzie #beastmode

Re: Blanks will return to Nickel and will really shine again

Mar 30, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Blanks will return to Nickel and will really shine again ]

To you, ibwritegood, and any other "fan" that commented on what I said: you cannot judge me based in how many post I have or my "percentage" obviously I don't live on here like others (hint hint) I'm not off any meds, my head isn't up my butt, I'm just defending MY SON against idiots like YOU that jump on here and play coach day in and day out!! Nickel, safety, it don't matter, my son is a #### good athlete and your feedback isn't needed or wanted!!!! Coach V and Swinney believes in him so guess what that makes you: IRRELEVANT!!!! You can count on seeing my feedback when my son is mentioned because posters like you warrant my response!!!! I'm never a coot, I'm a tiger but again, what you say does not matter so carry on!!!

Re: Blanks will return to Nickel and will really shine again

Mar 30, 2014, 3:17 PM

If you can point out something someone said that was out of line about your son, you'll have a point.

But no one has bashed anyone here...just stated the obvious. It looks like you're looking for a reason to be mad...and if that's so, you've found the right place.

Mar 30, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this ]

Sounds like someone is off their meds again. Please take your meds before coming on our message boards and telling us what we're allowed to post. sheeeeetttt man. It ain't even Spring yet.

Mar 30, 2014, 2:15 PM

Really Streaking Tiger??? I don't care what you post but when it comes to eleven, you WILL be put in your place about MINE :) this may be YOUR board but that's MY KID and I have a RIGHT to defend him when his NAYSAY alleged tigers say words that HE MAY SEE that could discourage him!!!!he once told me to stay off tigernet because if this like this.......keep your assessments and opinions clean and you won't have to worry about me!!!

Mar 30, 2014, 3:15 PM

Can you tell me how this assessment is "unclean"?

"Moving Blanks back to nickle back will be a good move as well. He just never seemed to be comfortable at safety. "

It's not. You're just looking for a reason to be angry.

Yeah, I think you're flying off the handle a little bit...

Mar 30, 2014, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this ]

there is nothing wrong with criticism...especially when it is constructive. If a poster (and apparently the coaches) feel that that is the better spot for him, then why get mad? If anything, they're trying to help Blanks AND our team simultaneously...it isn't and NEVER will be about one player, it's about ALL our tigers and affording them the best possible chance to win. To expect everyone on here to adopt your point of view is being unrealistic. It isn't all about eleven...

If Blanks is your son, then I understand you feel the need to defend him, but there is no need to spew vitriol and call for someone heads when all we fans want is the best possible fit for Blanks. I think he is super talented, and some kids need more time to blossom. This year will probably be his best yet b/c the coaches will put him in the best possible position to make the most of his talents and skill.

A word of advice to any Tiger athlete...pay no mind to ANYTHING said on ANY website...not just t-net. You are ALWAYS going to come across 'naysayers' in some form or fashion. That's why I buy in to Dabo's 'no social media during football season,' and probably should do away with it year round. There's just no sense in it. Between school, football practice, and film study, a kid shouldn't have time to be on t-net...there's more constructive/exciting things to do for a teen. What could they possibly find on t-net, on a forum nonetheless, that would be of any use to them?

Mar 30, 2014, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Re: Look for Smith and Kearse to become fearsome hitters this ]

By the way, I'll keep voicing my opinion, too. If you don't like it, too bad.

I think our secondary will be just fine

Mar 29, 2014, 7:57 PM

We have experience, depth, and talent. We improved alot last season and if we get better at giving up big plays/busted coverages then I think we will see a significant improvement. Imo, 2014 defense has the chance to be the one of the best in the nation, if not the best. Go tigers! Spot the d@mn ball!

Can't wait to see

Mar 30, 2014, 12:28 AM

Alexander on the field

Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 10:18 AM

That the TigerNet way is still alive and well. Pointing out that moving Blanks back to his original position will probably make the defense better gets you called "a coot." Only from the @$& kissing, sunshine pumpers on TNet message boards will you find that.

Re: Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 10:25 AM

Well, I think there's only one person in this thread whose implied that...and their pulse is even lower than yours. You may want to direct your animosity towards that person rather than the whole board.

Re: Re: Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 2:09 PM

And PS: since you're so observant and did the research on how many post I have, please pay attention to my NAME: (let me break it down for you, layman terms) All About Eleven as in (#11 on DEFENSE) I sure hope you get it :) Carry on, go give your opinion on another position or athlete please, isn't there a huge QB battle going on????

Re: Re: Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 3:18 PM

I'm sorry, no one should censor their opinion of a particular player just because the parent of said player is on here.

Maybe you should reevaluate why you're here. Looks like its to stir up controversy where it doesn't exist.

Re: Re: Re: Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 3:32 PM

I'm not here to stir anything. Just keeping you doubters and naysayers straight!! If you don't like it, oh well. You don't own tigernet nor have the right to tell me why I'm here. I simply let you know when it comes to my boy, keep your opinion to yourself. I'll always be here! As long as I have a log in and a voice, you can count on hearing from me when it comes to HIM!!! I love tiger nation but....... I'm an advocate for my son, no reason to be angry, not looking for anything, just keeping the opinionated non coaching folks from commenting, that's all. Hey, it's working too, soon whenever an article posts about him, they'll be no comments, that's the way I like it. He's an awesome awesome guy but none of you will ever know that, all you know is what's on the field, if that ever falls below your standard, you're quick to bury him. Say what you will but it's good that I KNOW him, you don't so politely go evaluate another position or another kid!!! Someone please tell me what each if your kids are Involved in so I can go find the respective website and give my feedback about YOUR kid, please? :)

Re: Re: Re: Nice to see

Mar 30, 2014, 3:59 PM

You have really gone off the deep end. Nobody even said anything bad about the kid and you are out to make a mountain out of a mole hill. As far as keeping my opinions to myself when it comes to "your boy", all I can say is that I will say whatever I want about whomever I want. If you don't like what we have to say then take your son's advice and don't read it. Even the President of the United States isn't above criticism, so how is it that your son is???

He's involved in a sport where details are criticized (that's just the fact) perhaps you should get used to that because it's only going to get worse as his career progresses.

And this is a message board, which is nothing but a place to give opinions about a common subject. For you to say that you don't want anyone to give an opinion on him, just makes you sound stupid. THAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SITE!

Also you should be glad that people are discussing him, if they weren't it would mean that he was buried 3 deep, on the bench, and never seeing the field.

You can go on defending anything you see as a slight if that's what you want to do, it doesn't matter to me. I will go on giving opinions from my own personal observations regardless of what a mother of one of the players thinks.

For the record I've been a fan of his since he signed with Clemson and hope he turns this opportunity into a great career.

You come to this forum just to pick fights?

Mar 30, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Nice to see ]

What is your point or what do you want to accomplish? Just curious....

Re: You come to this forum just to pick fights?

Mar 30, 2014, 6:56 PM

What I'm getting out of it is that no one is allowed to mention #11's name on here.

Re: You come to this forum just to pick fights?

Mar 30, 2020, 3:48 PM

So if we just mention "number 11" and no name do you think that would be OK?

Re: Re: You come to this forum just to pick fights?

Mar 30, 2014, 9:39 PM

Yes, you can type number 11, there's Chad Kelly on offense, he's number eleven too :) Carry on "fighting tigers" You'll have your opinions, I'll have my reply and hopefully in 2 seasons I'll be gone and you'll continue to do what you do!!! Take good care, I'll be at the spring game, feel free to come say hi!! I'm very friendly!!!

Mar 30, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: You come to this forum just to pick fights? ]

And last but not least, my son is an honorable young man, he'd be so disappointed at me going ### for tat with you folks so in his honor, I'll apologize to those I've offended and now out, some people will always be the way they are. I'm going to delete my tigernet app so I'm not tempted to read into garbage. Everyone can act civilized now but during the season, some of the things that are said go well beyond constructive criticism, I've seen horrible comments about our players, not just #11. Let this be a lesson to you all, you should treat your responses in a manner as if you were referring to your own child!!!

Mar 30, 2014, 8:50 PM

I've sure learned my lesson! Thanks!

It's not directed at every person

Mar 30, 2014, 10:41 AM

But there's more than one person who does that, many more than one. It's happened to me before, and it's BS. I've gotten to where I rarely ever even read comments on this site anymore because of the ridiculousness of some of the posters on here. You're right tho, not all of the posters, but to many of them.

I think if I wanted an honest opinion of someone

Mar 30, 2014, 8:25 PM

The last two people I would hear it from would be their mother or someone I don't know on the Internet.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic