Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hood: Dabo Don't Play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Hood: Dabo Don't Play

Mar 27, 2014, 8:42 PM

Hood: Dabo Don't Play

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney doesn't pull any punches when it comes to disciplining the players on his football team. Some players respond to the tough love, and others don't, but there is no doubt it's the right way to do. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat USCe***

Mar 27, 2014, 8:46 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat c0cks?

Mar 27, 2014, 8:55 PM

Tell us how you really feel.

Always feel good after beating them***

Mar 28, 2014, 3:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My, you need to see a doctor ***

Mar 28, 2014, 8:00 AM

nm

Dabo has built some job security and

Mar 27, 2014, 8:58 PM

His discipline will continue to pay off. Disciplined program, 10 plus wins 3 years in row. Proud to be a Tiger.

this is the one area for sure I can't complain about Dabo

Mar 27, 2014, 9:01 PM

he does the right thing time after time concerning players discipline.

David, you do a great job walking the line between

Mar 27, 2014, 9:02 PM

writing a journalistic article and talking to us as Clemson fans. That's something I don't see very often and I like it. Keep up the good work.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must agree, "the Hood is is indeed Good".***

Mar 27, 2014, 9:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a lot of good football players in this world

Mar 27, 2014, 9:24 PM

But there are never enough good men. Build good men and I believe they will be good football players. I think a lot of coaches have lost sight of this concept.

GO TIGERS, BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF georgia, run the table, and then put that crowd in columbia back in their place. It's gonna be a heck of a year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Swinney...I'm not afraid to say it,

Mar 27, 2014, 9:38 PM

one of my heroes. A Godly man, a family man, a friend/father figure to his players and a well respected coach! The entire nation knows about Clemson Football and they know who the leader is! A very good program and STILL on the RISE!

ill say it again

Mar 27, 2014, 10:43 PM

He will be the winningest coach in Tiger history when he hangs it up and goes into the ROH. A class act that I wouldnt trade for any HC in America, period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ill say it again

Mar 28, 2014, 12:28 AM

you can count a few NC game victories with that too!

Mar 28, 2014, 5:41 AM

I have no regrets about him as a coach, even if he never wins a NC. He picked up a program that was hovering around "okay" and dragged it up to at least "really good" all while being, from all appearances, squeaky clean.

The outcome of the games haven't always been what we wanted and there have been a few kids who have found some trouble but I've never once been embarrassed by the program. In fact, I'm really, really proud of it. They are clearly recruiting really good kids for the most part and of the ones that need nurturing...for every one that they can't get to, they have clearly tried and there are two that I can name who were forged into amazing men.

In fact, if every coach ran his program like this, I don't think the pressure to unionize and get paid would be nearly as strong because the value of college athletics would be self evident.

Mar 29, 2014, 7:14 PM

Very well said! Kudos!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hood: Dabo Don't Play

Mar 28, 2014, 5:21 AM

Absolutely the best article written about what DABO means to the Clemson family. Those parents out there in the recruiting world, who love their kids TAKE NOTICE!

Cal Ripken Sr and the Oriole Way

Mar 28, 2014, 8:30 AM

That was a nice story about Cal Ripken Sr, who was one of the all-time great baseball men in Baltimore. I grew up with the Orioles every summer in the 1970's and 80's and you always heard about their team philosophy of player development, sound fundamental baseball and how it was stamped on every member of the organization from Hagerstown to Rochester to the clubhouse in Baltimore. They produced a lot of great players through their farm system during those years thanks to guys like Cal Sr. who knew how to teach the game.

Dabo has gotten MUCH better at discipline the last two years***

Mar 28, 2014, 8:59 AM

What are you mumbling about cockstripe, and are you..

Mar 28, 2014, 1:53 PM

..trying to make jokes by talking about discipline? Ball Sack is notorious for his lack of discipline. Huge amount of incidents combined with a pathetic level of disciplinary measures.

Maybe you should focus a little more on your program instead of continually exposing yourself as a moron here, no?

Re: What are you mumbling about cockstripe, and are you..

Mar 31, 2014, 11:01 PM

Can you please point out, within the "huge list of incidents" under Spurrier, any cases where he allowed a player involved in a bloody domestic dispute to remain on the team only to be forced to dismiss him later when he was involved in a similar incident? No? He didn't do that? Know who did? The hardass who "don't play".

Mar 28, 2014, 9:46 AM

I always have been very proud and grateful for the way Dabo has handled team discipline. No complaints from me.

Mar 28, 2014, 10:02 AM

If more NCAA coaches and ADs followed the Clemson way, that Northwestern lawsuit would not have been necessary.
If a player cannot continue football for health reasons the university still honors the commitment with a scholarship. If a player is not keeping up with his studies he spends time on academics rather that their sport.
Some players have incredibly underperformed at Clemson and some of us wonder why they keep a scholarship (Spencer Region for example) but I think he is still part of the team. Other schools would have run them off.
I am proud of Clemson and our coaches and players. It ain't just about winning and losing games, it is about being winners off the field as well.

Dabo has won me over so thoroughly, that I consider him...

Mar 28, 2024, 10:57 AM

...to be a Clemson "treasure".

I am extremely proud of the way he runs the Clemson football program. Extremely proud.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

a large majarity of thse kids have never been disciplined

Mar 28, 2014, 11:38 AM

in their lives. can't imagine the headaches head coaches encounter. richt and swinney are both in the minority of coaches who actually care about their players. outside of football they really do make an effort to build character in these young men.

One of your best journalistic pieces ever, content and all.

Mar 28, 2014, 12:44 PM

Nice work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great stuff!***

Mar 28, 2014, 1:09 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic