Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: 1 out of 3 CBS Analysts put McDaniels in 1st rd of Mock Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

BKB Update: 1 out of 3 CBS Analysts put McDaniels in 1st rd of Mock Draft

Mar 26, 2014, 11:48 AM

1 out of 3 CBS Analysts put McDaniels in 1st rd of Mock Draft

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be an interesting decision for him.

Mar 26, 2014, 11:50 AM

Usually basketball players are more apt to jump as soon as they can. But it's all up to the individual and his priorities.

I am sure he knows he should stay.

Mar 26, 2014, 11:55 AM

One never knows personal situations though and couldn't fault him for going if he does. That said, he would be a mid first round pick at worst next year if he improves even half as much as he has this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: I am sure he knows he should stay.

Mar 27, 2014, 12:04 PM

As a 5 or 6 year newbie to college BB, I'm praying that KJ gives us another year. But really what else could KJ improve on at the college level besides his shooting and ball handling I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good thing about the NBA is that as long as you don't

Mar 26, 2014, 12:16 PM

hire an agent, up until 10 days before the draft, you can still withdraw from the draft and return to school. I don't think it would be a bad idea for KJ to choose this route and participate in NBA pre-draft camps and workouts to get an even better idea of where he'd fall.

With KJ it's all about refining his skill set right now

Mar 26, 2014, 12:27 PM

the question he has to answer is whether it's best to improve that at Clemson, as we all hope he'll choose, or, best to risk a non-guaranteed contract(2nd round) and do it as a pro. I still believe he chooses to stay. The improvement he has already made here, the potential for next year, and the bond this team has will be the deciding factors

Re: With KJ it's all about refining his skill set right now

Mar 27, 2014, 12:11 PM

I hope you're right with this Striper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The good thing about the NBA is that as long as you don't

Mar 27, 2014, 12:09 PM [ in reply to The good thing about the NBA is that as long as you don't ]

Agree! And I wish that college FB could do something similar to a pre draft work out before they are locked in. If they did that, I think that a lot of guys that leave early would opt out of the draft and come back to school for their senior season.

Would love to see him stay

Mar 26, 2014, 12:32 PM

It could be a really good team next year. Brownell is gaining some traction in his recruiting efforts. Getting to the tournament and winning at least one game would help him out a lot.

LIke the TV commentator stated last night...

Mar 26, 2014, 1:45 PM

It is one thing to be draftable...it is another to make an NBA roster.

At his height, he is an NBA 2-guard. He must become a better shooter.

Let's hope KJ is listening to the right people...

It will be interesting to see KJ's true height/weight...

Mar 26, 2014, 2:49 PM

If he's truly 6'6" he could potentially stay at SF. Andre Iguodala is one of the best SFs in the game, and he is 6'6" 207 pounds, which is pretty much what KJ is listed at. KJ's helped by the fact that he plays taller than he really is because of his athleticism, which will still be above average at the next level. However, Iguodala is much more skilled and crafty than McDaniels. Iguodala's basically a 2nd PG for his teams with all of the assists he racks up.

Where KJ is hurt is by the fact that his offensive game is still very much unpolished. He has improved, but he still relies way too heavily on his athleticism. His 80+ FT shooting percentage suggests he can be a really good shooter, but he doesn't have the same consistency on his jump shot that he has from the line. He also doesn't really have any post moves and isn't that good of a driver to the basket. I don't think he would be able to create his own shot at the next level at this point in his career.

Any team who drafts KJ at this point is just hoping that he turns into a really good perimeter lock-down defender. That will probably get him drafted in the late-1st to early 2nd round. If he stays and shows that he can be an all-around player, he would definitely be drafted in the lottery next season.

IMO he's top 20 pick & should go but would love if he stays.***

Mar 27, 2014, 12:52 AM

Re: IMO he's top 20 pick & should go but would love if he stays.***

Mar 27, 2014, 9:16 AM

You're not biased at all though

Mar 27, 2014, 12:23 PM

Me, no way am I bias just b/c I absolutely love Clemson and everything about Clemson. Bias:)!!!

Mar 27, 2014, 12:20 PM [ in reply to IMO he's top 20 pick & should go but would love if he stays.*** ]

Whoooooaa I hope he doesn't listen to you;) I hope he is listening to his parents and stays in school and get his degree. And we all know that the degree is what parents want most for their children. And I think that the NBA would want KJ more next year with all he can accomplish under Brad's coaching.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic