Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kelly, Stoudt splitting time with first team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kelly, Stoudt splitting time with first team

Mar 24, 2014, 8:12 PM

Kelly, Stoudt splitting time with first team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Kelly, Stoudt splitting time with first team

Mar 24, 2014, 8:15 PM

Keep em guessing Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think we are gonna

Mar 24, 2014, 8:26 PM

Have a 2 QB deal to start the season. They will probably redshirt DWat and keep Shuessler/McElveen in the 3/4 spots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Think we are gonna

Mar 24, 2014, 8:31 PM

I don't think so. I believe Stoud will start the season and then Kelly will take over in the FSU game. I'd say Stoud will get cleanup duty after that.

Watson is definately a RS this year. I don't care how talented one is, the playbook is just to complicated to learn well enough in such a short time to execute at the speed these guys play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dual qb system - steady cool pinpoint passer followed by

Mar 24, 2014, 9:22 PM

exciting run-oriented Swagcat - teams will go crazy trying to prepare for that dynamic combo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dual qb system - steady cool pinpoint passer followed by

Mar 24, 2014, 11:10 PM

Keepon guessing or Keep Them Guessing. Whatever WORKS!!

I thought mcelveen graduated last year.

Mar 24, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Think we are gonna ]

I remember him playing on Senior Day, and Swag got his panties in a wad over it

Re: I thought mcelveen graduated last year.

Mar 25, 2014, 10:57 AM

Yes Mcelveen graduated last year.

2 QBs is a horrible idea

Mar 25, 2014, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Think we are gonna ]

Great, we have one super strong passer, and one super strong scrambler. Guess what? Defenses read our offense like a book because they know what the QB's tendency will be.

Are they sharing a drone as well?***

Mar 24, 2014, 8:28 PM

I like the way this is sounding!

Mar 24, 2014, 8:28 PM

It's wide open, no games, no promises , no seniority

...and UGAy has no idea what to practice for.***

Mar 24, 2014, 8:31 PM

This is great news!***

Mar 24, 2014, 8:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: This is great news!***

Mar 24, 2014, 8:43 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson

Mar 24, 2014, 9:24 PM

Watson will never redshirt. It would foolish to redshirt him. We have him for 3 years. So better Use him and let him get some experience.

The QB who the coaches feel gives us the best chance to win

Mar 24, 2014, 10:18 PM

will start. The QB who coaches feel is most ready to take the starters place will be second string. Only if Watson turns out to be one of those guys will he avoid the redshirt. No way the coaches give any consideration to speculation about how long Watson may be here when deciding who to play.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You may be confusing him with Winston

Mar 24, 2014, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Watson ]

Watson doesn't come across as the kind of guy to jump the gun. He'll get his 3 years of play in on top of one year of RS.

Watson isn't pro sized

Mar 24, 2014, 9:29 PM

I think it would be a little premature to assume he is gone in three years. Unless he wins the heisman one of those years which I would be fine with.

Yep, needs to build up his body - injured in his last game

Mar 24, 2014, 10:14 PM

6ft 3 at 188lbs is too thin!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which I believe was the only time he has been injured.

Mar 25, 2014, 12:06 AM

Can't name any other player that has carried the ball that many times and had only 1 injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson

Mar 24, 2014, 11:16 PM

I never said Watson would start this year. To assume he won't gain weight over the next few mo the is also kinda crazy. Most super star kids now days are on the 3 year plan. He did not come to Clemson to ride the pine for 2 years. If he pans out to be the talent we all hope he is then 3 years is all we will have with him.

If he leaves in 3 years

Mar 24, 2014, 11:36 PM

He will have been a phenom on Winston (says he will stay 4th year) or Johnny Football levels. I think I could live with that dissapointment. QBs are different from skill positions. You don't just draft them for their bodies (Logan Thomas) you draft them for their ability to win/produce. Considering our recent on field success your average to above average QB in our system will win 8-10 games a year. So for Watson to prove so excellent as to be a clear 3 years and done kind of guys he will need to win 12+ and or at least get invited to new york. I think him redshirting is 99% unless one of the other QBs get injured early or proves unusable.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic