Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: FSU outfielder remains hospitalized after running into outfield wall at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,969

BSB Update: FSU outfielder remains hospitalized after running into outfield wall at Clemson

Mar 22, 2014, 12:32 PM

FSU outfielder remains hospitalized after running into outfield wall at Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: FSU outfielder remains hospitalized after running into outfield wall at Clemson

Mar 22, 2014, 12:36 PM

My best to the young man. I didn't realize his injury was this serious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get well soon kid.***

Mar 22, 2014, 12:45 PM

Re: BSB Update: FSU outfielder remains hospitalized after running into outfield wall at Clemson

Mar 22, 2014, 12:53 PM

He hit the wall really hard. Delayed the game for a god while attending to him. He then stayed in the game for the remainder of the inning before coming out. Hope he recovers quickly.

Mar 22, 2014, 12:55 PM

FSU will petition for the end of our "hill" warning track.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Or learn to heed the warning.***

Mar 22, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 22, 2014, 1:13 PM

Reminiscent of Bump Bailey lol. Hopefully with a better outcome.
In all seriousness hope he is well and recovers.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mar 22, 2014, 1:59 PM

yep scary and sad for the kid hope he is well soon.

and the Bump Bailey thing was very sad too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope young Mr. DeLuzio recovers in time to catch the plane

Mar 22, 2014, 1:22 PM

(or bus) back to Tallahassee with the rest of the team. Glad it wasn't a head injury that kept under observation at the hospital, although I know how painful sore ribs can be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope young Mr. DeLuzio recovers in time to catch the plane

Mar 22, 2014, 5:10 PM

I am pretty sure they took a bus up here. A nice bus but no plane. I remember wrong way ray Williams talking about his first road tip with the baseball team. After his freshman season of football where they flew every where and he said it was first class everything. So on the first baseball road trip they loaded up in 3 15 passenger plain Jane old vans. He said he asked coach Wilhelm why are we riding in vans and coach said son we ain't no football team playing in front of 80K fans. You are lucky we are not car pooling like 2 seasons ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trauma ICU RN.. educated guess is he fracutured a couple rib

Mar 22, 2014, 3:55 PM

and developed a pneumothorax. A pneumothorax is when air gets in between the lung and chest cavity making it so the lung cannot fully expand which would explain his shortness of breath. Treatment can be anything from observation if the pneumothorax is small/stable and his breathing is ok or it can require the placement of chest tube to allow the air to escape and the lung to fully re-expand. Either can be serious, but really are pretty routine and easy to treat. Minus rib/clavicle fracture, he could be discharged in a few days at the longest without any lasting effect from the pneumothorax.

The short of it, the kid should be just fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Trauma ICU RN.. educated guess is he fracutured a couple rib

Mar 22, 2014, 8:14 PM

I'm sure he will be OK b/c he is a young athletic guy. The worst for him if it happens would be the chest tubes. I was gun shot in the chest in 1991, the broken rib and the removal of the chest tubes several days later, hurt much worse than the gun shot did... But isn't the out field walls in Kingsmore Stadium padded....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic