Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Albert Huggins interview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,026

Football Recruiting Update: Albert Huggins interview

Mar 4, 2014, 9:32 AM

Albert Huggins interview

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knows the coach that was with Clowney

Mar 4, 2014, 9:51 AM

the first 2 years left for Florida right?

Re: He knows the coach that was with Clowney

Mar 4, 2014, 10:29 AM

But he can be a Star there at usuc. At Clemson, being the star will be tough with Reader, Jarrett, Watkins, Watson, and guys like Pagano in the way. But at Clemson, he will have some very good talent to compete with that can only make him bring his best every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He knows the coach that was with Clowney

Mar 5, 2014, 2:21 PM

USuc has a lot of talent coming in at his position though with Blackshear Sawyer and possibly key it he would be a better fit and star at Clemson

He must have watched the baseball series.***

Mar 4, 2014, 10:34 AM

Not doggin the kid cause I would love for him to be a Tiger

Mar 4, 2014, 3:47 PM

Clowney was going to be a star no matter where he went. I could understand that if Clowney was an unranked 2 star coming out of South Pointe. The SC coaches done so good this year that they took a sure fire 1st pick in the draft and turned him into a lazy we probably take him 1st overall but definitely top 5 type guy now.....

HUGGIE BEAR!***

Mar 4, 2014, 3:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how he feels about

Mar 4, 2014, 4:13 PM

Working with the coaches that coached Vic Beasley?

Re: Wonder how he feels about

Mar 5, 2014, 2:24 PM

Vic Beasley is a great player but no where near the level of clowney , Clowney was going to be a star no matter what

Mar 7, 2014, 2:20 AM

First, did you see Vic Beasley play this year? He was a better college player than Clowney in 2013. Clowney may have more talent and project better as a pro, but at the college level, there is not that big of a gap. And I do understand Clowney was playing at 75% this year.

Second, the argument here is coaching. Coaching may or may not have helped make Vic as great as he became, but coaching certainly had nothing to do with Clowney becoming the player he became -- that was purely talent.

Mar 20, 2014, 7:40 AM

That's easy to say when your playing cupcakes all year of course Beasley was better this year he is suppose to be the only games worth mentioning are the UGA game which looking back wasn't that impressive now and his 1 sack vs Carolina

Mar 20, 2014, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how he feels about ]

And how can you say there is not that big of a gap when clowney went out and won 3 or 4 games by making a clutch play on d like Michigan or tenn or 4.5 sacks on us wake up the guy us like a lebron James in a nba draft I'm not knocking Beasley at all he is very impressive but I'm sure any de at the college level can get 4 sacks a game when playing teams like Syracuse UVA and so on

are them feathers i hear fluffing in the breeze?

Mar 20, 2014, 8:26 AM

your defense of usuc sure as heck LOOKS fowl,anyway.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But...but....but

Mar 20, 2014, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how he feels about ]

Beasley got all his stats against weak competition! Well, except that Georgia game, which I will conveniently neglect since it strengthens the argument otherwise. And those couple of big plays against Scar, but those were a fluke so they don't count either. And as for all those other teams it is safe to say their overall record correlates to the quality of their tackles, right? SEC or not, Scar did not play a very impressive schedule yet Clowney couldn't break a couple sacks. You stay content with Clowney's hit on a 185 pound player what seems like 10 years ago and we will remain content with our DE being much more productive.

Re: But...but....but

Mar 21, 2014, 7:30 AM

This comment shows how ignorant you really are first off you stated sc didn't play a very impressive schedule though we played and beat two BCS bowl winners with 7 teams they played going to bowls how many bowl winning teams did Clemson beat Syracuse? Also playing 3 teams that finished in top 15 isn't impressive then what is? And for clowney you must have not seen the countless sacks he just missed by a hair with his hands on the QB it had to be atleast 10 times this year and no I don't stay content with one hit I stay content with the two all American type seasons he had but your so dumb and biased towards Clemson you believe Beasley is better than clowney yes Beasley had a better year this year and you can say what you want but Beasley was not game planned against in a single game this year and if you believe he was and clowney wasn't your a new kind of retarted

Re: But...but....but

Mar 21, 2014, 10:25 AM

Bwak! Bwak! Bwak!...nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Reality Says Otherwise

Mar 7, 2014, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how he feels about ]

Productivity outweighs all other factors. Can't wait to see Beasley's productivity in a defense more suited to his "talents".

Vic went from H back, to LB, to DE. So the coaching of DLs here is phenomenal***

Mar 7, 2014, 4:14 AM

Yeah UVA's LT isn't a projected NFL tackle or anything

Mar 20, 2014, 8:21 AM

Keep living in "the SEC = the NFL lala land" over there. Beasley may not have gotten his numbers against the Patriots but Clowney didn't get them against anyone in 2013.

Re: Yeah UVA's LT isn't a projected NFL tackle or anything

Mar 21, 2014, 7:35 AM

Hey guess what the guy that allowed clowney to get the hit is a first round pick at tackle and so was the tenn guy which he murdered this season oh and how many sacks did Beasley get that game I'll wait that's right 0 your argument is invalid

Hope Huggins particularly noticed the Clown went downhill

Mar 21, 2014, 7:38 AM

And Vic Beasley is getting better and better!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic