Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 51

New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney

Mar 15, 2014, 12:36 AM

Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney

Clemson’s slim NCAA Tournament chances and last-gasp attempt to knock off Duke met their demise when guard Rod Hall was knocked to the Greensboro Coliseum floor late Friday night. Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney

Mar 15, 2014, 3:38 AM

First off, all of America saw that Rod Hall was not "knocked to the ground". He took his Euro-step, Thortnon poked the ball out, and Hall began to dive to the ground. No contact. This game was great and the season has been great for Clemson considering the expectations going into the year. Don't sully it all by claiming conspiracy at the very end of this game or any other that involves a NC school. It's a broken record when we complain about Duke or UNC getting all the calls. Let's don't begin a culture of whiny "you cheated and that's why you won" culture at Clemson. We're above that.

It's like when NC State was claming ACC conspiracy earlier this year with that sideline out of bounds play in football. Let's don't stoop to that.

Slow night at the gas pumps coot?***

Mar 15, 2014, 4:06 AM

You are so right voiceofreason...

Mar 15, 2014, 4:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

Oh wait no you are a ####### Id!Ot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are so right voiceofreason...

Mar 15, 2014, 4:52 AM

Thanks. Very insightful...

Insightful and accurate ...***

Mar 15, 2014, 6:30 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the problem...

Mar 15, 2014, 5:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

Maybe it's not a foul on Thornton at the end of the game. But the refs had the exact same call five seconds before that on the other end and they determined it was a foul. So, for the sake of consistency, yes it should have been called a foul.

Ask yourself this question: If it had been Duke down by 1, would they have called the foul? The answer is yes because they did call the foul just before this on the other end.

The fact of the matter is they didn't call it the same way on both ends. There was contact, albeit minimal, on both ends of the floor. Duke got the call. Clemson didn't.

Where I come from, that ain't right.

Re: Here's the problem...

Mar 15, 2014, 11:53 AM

I agree, from play to play, there wasn't a great deal of officiating consistency in that last 30 seconds. Hood got the call and 10 seconds later Hall didn't. I would say a no call on the Hood play probably was the right one and the same for the Hall play.

I just hate hearing the whining, there was a lot of basketball before the last minute of the game and Clemson could have decided its own fate and taken the officials ouf of the equation,much like they did in LJC back in January.

NC State fans claim conspiracy all the time and its pathetic, I don't like seeing my fan base being doing the same, I'd rather Clemson be the team NC State is complaining about. We're already there in football.

and just look at what states conspiracy theories have helped

Mar 15, 2014, 11:56 AM

uncover at unc. where there's smoke, there is usually fire.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the problem... ]

this ain't football though buddy.

where do you live? you from Raleigh or something, because I doubt most of us Clemson fans have to put up with or hear many whining wolfpups...

bad officiating & not ever getting the benefit in these types of situations, getting terrible calls against us the majority of the time when it's THE game-changer play or point, or free-throws etc...is what happens to us in basketball games constantly. whether YOU like to admit it or not.

stating the case ain't complaining & there's evidence (well maybe it is a complaint, where's the court house to file the rape-charge for attacking Hall).

Mar 15, 2014, 12:21 PM

I'm from Greenville and I'm a proud Clemson graduate. I know about all ACC sports because I follow them. I don't just live in a Clemson bubble.

You can always have your evidence, teams like Duke will have their trophies. I'm just saying, I'd rather be the team collecting the trophies, not evidence.

And rape charges, really?

That's an awesome story and all, but...

Mar 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

Hall got hacked. No doubt. Hood initiated contact and flopped. You can make a case that Hall was fouled and Hood was not. Worst case, you call both a foul.

You're telling stories.

Mar 15, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

What the h3ll are you talking about coot??? Thornton CLEARLY stuck his knee out in Hall's path and tripped him. Total BS no call.

your voice is lacking reason & fact...

Mar 15, 2014, 9:33 AM

you are either blind or don't have access to a DVR or replay dude!!!

now about not stooping & whining...don't come here with that bullsheet! right is right & wrong is wrong...fair & consistent officiating require both possessions at the end to either be called for both teams or not.

when we're shat upon, we SHOULD make noise & not just sulk away like..."oh well, they screwed us royally again, maybe we aren't good enough, or didn't get fouled..."
It's called standing up for yourself & your team, supporting them & having some pride. unlike how we treat our gov't officials & now referees...?

DAYUM DUDE!!! it's black & white...obvious!!!!

sorry but your full of crap & need to take that elsewhere (or either you're a coot, or haven't followed Clemson basketball to see this bullsh!t happen to us all the time...especially against Puke & UNCheat!!!)

GTFOH...lol

Re: your voice is lacking reason & fact...

Mar 15, 2014, 9:34 AM

HTH???????

Did you look at the picture above? How can you

Mar 15, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

say there was no contact when Rod's foot is caught on the Duke guy's shoulder? And that wasn't the worst call of the game - how about Hall's two points being waved off when he "charged" the Duke defender's arm that was extended across the lane? Should have been shooting for a 3-point play. And when the refs did call Duke for touch fouls, it cost us two lay-ins - one when Nnoko was wide open and they were called "before" the shot and later when KJ beat his man badly and laid it in but, again the "foul" came before he started his official "move to the rim".

Message was edited by: clover65®

Mar 15, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

Better take a look at the pictures of Hall's drive to the basket before you spout this crap. It's is the same old crap of protecting the NC schools and if you don't believe it, you just have not been following Clemson basketball for very long or you're a coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney***

Mar 15, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

Mar 15, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

What about the call before when we were called for a foul on Hood. I did not see a replay. What was that clearly a foul. Like Rod Hall said, refs are hesitant to make a call at the end of a game.

Mar 15, 2014, 12:31 PM

Hesitant my foot, they made one with about 4 secs left or should I say made one up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney

Mar 15, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Controversial calls lift Duke over Clemson in ACC Tourney ]

Says the coot whos team is too lame to make any dance

See any contact?

Mar 15, 2014, 9:34 AM

I don't mind letting them play at the end of the game... but if you call a borderline foul going one way, you have to call it the other way. Consistency is key to good officiating.

Mar 15, 2014, 10:21 AM

Typical ref favoritism for Duke. Happens all the time. When will it change? Probably never.

Instead of New Story It should be Same Old Story:***

Mar 15, 2014, 10:22 AM

That still shot looks like a foul to me.***

Mar 15, 2014, 10:29 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic