Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Athlon ranks Clemson #20th best CFB coaching job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Athlon ranks Clemson #20th best CFB coaching job

Mar 13, 2014, 9:17 AM

Athlon ranks Clemson #20th best CFB coaching job

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, would've thought we'd be higher.***

Mar 13, 2014, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yes, considering we were 1 of the BCS winners

Mar 13, 2014, 2:35 PM

musta been Dabo's attire.

Conveniently they have the coots ranked one spot ahead...

Mar 13, 2014, 9:27 AM

This is the same nonsense from a couple days ago talking about how we consistently underachieve.

Also, speaking of consistent failure, take a look at South Carolina football since 1892 (oh, right, minus a 3 year stretch).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Conveniently they have the coots ranked one spot ahead...

Mar 13, 2014, 9:32 AM

Texas A&M? UCLA? Nubraska? Penn State? Are these jobs really better?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this isn't a 2013 top 25 rankings. It takes into account

Mar 13, 2014, 9:35 AM

history, tradition, fanbase,national perception, and most importantly MONEY

which makes it even more b.s.

Mar 13, 2014, 9:47 AM

history (more than five years), tradition, fan base, national perception? all Clemson.

scar is getting that sweet SEC coattail-riding money though, despite zero championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Athalon you almost had me. I thought this was a serious

Mar 13, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Conveniently they have the coots ranked one spot ahead... ]

article then I saw the 19 better job and I am LMFAO all over the floor. good one though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice! UCLA overrated, IMO but hard to argue with the rest***

Mar 13, 2014, 9:33 AM

Hard to argue with the rest? Are you kidding?

Mar 13, 2014, 10:04 AM

So South Carolina beats Clemson in "history, tradition, fanbase,national perception, and most importantly MONEY" (your words by the way)??

I think not.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Tell 'em coot***

Mar 13, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Nice! UCLA overrated, IMO but hard to argue with the rest*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Only one I have a real problem with being ahead of us...

Mar 13, 2014, 1:06 PM

...is SCar. Why? Because they're in the SEC? Come on. They get credit for the 5-game streak but, that aside, they aren't the premier program in this state and they're the 4th fiddle in their own DIVISION! We have a much better all-time record than they do, a (still) dominant record against them, a national title, way more conference titles, much more tradition, a famous stadium, and a waaaaayyyy better fanbase. Sorry, the Coot job is not better than Clemson's.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of what you mentioned is in the past, coaches look

Mar 13, 2014, 2:10 PM

forward to potential for a program when picking where to go. Tradition does matter, but only when it translates to the fanbase consistently filling up the stadium and selling tickets. They sell tickets even despite their sub-par history.

Spurrier was smart

Mar 13, 2014, 4:26 PM

Coach a team with a losing history. He had no where to go but up. Now his name is on the stadium without so much as a conference title.

Expectations at Clemson are much higher. Tougher position to coach at Clemson.

Can't even imagine anyone wanting the job at Alabama after Nick Saban leaves.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Their expectations are the same as ours.

Mar 13, 2014, 4:34 PM

We've had those expectations much longer than they have-they only recently were able to have a (somewhat) realistic goal of winning the SEC- but nowadays the expectations of both teams are to win the conference and play in a great bowl game. So currently to me, both coaching opportunities are about the same, which is there this 3rd party source put them.

SCar has a harder time recruiting non-instate players.

Mar 13, 2014, 4:40 PM

If the talent level in SC are high than SCar tends to do better.

Clemson recruits Georgia, NC and Florida very well. While SCar recruits instate kids better.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens the next few years as the elite players around SC diminish for a few years.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I don't follow recruiting, but looking at Rivals commitment

Mar 13, 2014, 4:59 PM

lists, SCar has 6 4* or better guys from GA, FL, and NC, and Clemson has 7. That's just 1 year and is a quick look, I would love to see some data that supports your position that Clemson is much better recruiting out of state.

I say that because I feel like previously this would be the case, but I would be surprised that is still the case since Spurrier started. Just a guess, I don't follow recruiting.

Re: Nice! UCLA overrated, IMO but hard to argue with the rest***

Mar 13, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Nice! UCLA overrated, IMO but hard to argue with the rest*** ]

Pathetic Chicken fan.

null

I would bet if you polled

Mar 13, 2014, 9:56 AM

100 FBS coachs and asked where they would rather coach. SC or Clemson, it would be a landslide for Clemson.
This article is stupid. Nebraska is a better job??? It's very hard to recruit great players there now, and they aren't coming from in state.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I'm sure SCar fans feel the opposite.

Mar 13, 2014, 10:40 AM

Fans from each side are going to think that their HC job is more attractive. This is a 3rd party objective view, and they have both schools about the same. Both have great fan support, are winning in their respective conferences, are getting pretty good but not Bama-type recruits, and have AD's that support the coach. I doubt it would be a landslide either way.

They are rating ND, OSU and Michigan too high and FSU too

Mar 13, 2014, 10:08 AM

low. Weather and the demographics make those schools jobs much less attractive. Going forward, getting players to those schools will only get harder.

FSU has a much easier time getting great talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are rating ND, OSU and Michigan too high and FSU too

Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM

You know it is bogus if they have Florida 2nd ant Fl. State 11. Florida has had 4 coaches in 11 seasons. Except for the last couple of years Sc has been 4th in their division.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It boggles my mind that anyone would actually

Mar 13, 2014, 10:21 AM

care about this.

you're going on record as "could care less"

Mar 13, 2014, 10:26 AM

and it's bottles.

vermont and all things vermont basketball is why i come. you?

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, at least Vermont basketball is real.

Mar 13, 2014, 10:43 AM

As opposed to this made up stuff. :)

Re: Hey, at least Vermont basketball is real.

Mar 13, 2014, 10:56 AM

photo 5550304247_1bf1a11a50_z_zpse97cc673.jpg

flex.

I like cheese***

Mar 13, 2014, 10:49 AM

Texas at #1 isn't surprising due to $$$

Mar 13, 2014, 12:50 PM

but they fail to mention that if you coach there you have to keep both boosters and the Texas High School Coaches Association happy.

Yet another completely idiotic article by Athlon <rollseyes>

Mar 13, 2014, 12:57 PM

Their product has gone down the crapper lately. I think ESPN runs that publication.

Athlon used to be highly regarded

Mar 13, 2014, 2:41 PM

Now it seems they are trying to out-Bleacher Report Bleacher Report.

Who cares..CLEMSON is an elite BCS Winner while Coots NOT!

Mar 13, 2014, 3:14 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question Mike...

Mar 13, 2014, 4:40 PM

Why do u pretend to not be a coot? At least own up to it. I would have more respect for you. Which would still be very little...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic