Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney calls Boyd a NFL franchise changing QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney calls Boyd a NFL franchise changing QB

Mar 12, 2014, 4:24 PM

Swinney calls Boyd a NFL franchise changing QB

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney calls Boyd a NFL franchise changing QB

Mar 12, 2014, 4:31 PM

IDIOCY TO ENSUE ON DABOS COMMENTS IN 5.4.3.2.........

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2014, 5:47 PM

lets talk baseball and being an idiot deroberts. have not seen any of positive comments about jackleg our hof coach lately. you usually are calling people an idiot for wanting to fire jack. where do you stand now and why no posts about it?

Mar 12, 2014, 6:48 PM

why would i want to fire a guy that has taken us to 6 elite 8's or 6 bcs bowls. name another coach at clemson that has done this.

Mar 12, 2014, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney calls Boyd a NFL franchise changing QB ]

IMOP, I do think that Tajh could be a great QB in the pros. Tajh had Chad Morris as a daily QB coach. I don't think for a second that Chad could step right in and be a QB coach in the pros. If Tajh goes some where that they have a really good staff top to bottom, he will make it, and he will be an awesome QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing is for sure

Mar 12, 2014, 4:33 PM

Dabo will never undersell your potential.

Yep, some coaches should take notes***

Mar 12, 2014, 4:35 PM

But he constantly over sells

Mar 12, 2014, 5:19 PM [ in reply to One thing is for sure ]

I just wish he would chill from these types of interviews. Support him, praise him, encourage him but try to come across as a more mature and thoughtful HC. I just have to assume he is selling as there is no way you could justify these level of hyperbole otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

boyd came to clemson, when dabo was hired as an unknown

Mar 12, 2014, 6:22 PM

commodity as an hc,whilst boyd was a very highly,albeit injured at the time qb (choosing us over tOSU,and oregon,amongst others), he took a chance on dabo as did we. no wonder dabo sings him high praises, as would most young HIGHLY successful, relatively new head coaches that can relate their success to a very,very good qb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing is for sure

Mar 12, 2014, 5:29 PM [ in reply to One thing is for sure ]

Dabo's comments are why recruits come to Clemson. He will never say anything bad about his players especially at half time with a national audience watching. per SOS about connershaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing is for sure

Mar 12, 2014, 5:45 PM

You are correct sir. There is a huge difference between praising the job someone does and blowing smoke up their b&tt.Too many people lose sight of that.Dabo will also call players on their mistakes. Too may old timers believe that a coach has to act like Slurrier and berate and bash players to get them to perform at high levels-they are usually the same ones pushing the old "lead with the top of your head and don't wrap up to make a big hit for tv" tackling technique.Dabo is doing a great job.

name some of us old timers that want to throw our players

Mar 12, 2014, 6:24 PM

under the bus. i really want to know this answer.

Re: name some of us old timers that want to throw our players

Mar 12, 2014, 11:09 PM

By old timers I'm referring to old school football lovers reliving their high school glory days when the mantra was wind sprints til you puked, head first (not head up)tackling.(Real tackling-head up/wrap up-not one arm give away yardage half effort bs). To see it read the posters on here that know better than Dabo how to have the success he is having when dealing with players and recruiting.

I wish Tajh the best and agree with Dabo's comments

Mar 12, 2014, 4:34 PM

A lot of critics and fans have been critical of Tajh, some justifiably so, because there were time where he stared down a WR, felt pressure when it wasn't there, ran into sacks, failed to read the D and threw a poor throw because of it.

The fact remains that while this is true every QB in this draft have done the same thing over and over again. Tajh has all of the raw materials to be a very good pro and if he falls in the right place like Wilson did then he'll be very successful.

Tajh doesn't need to be a starter from day one. He needs a team with an experienced QB to learn from and play behind until he gets his shot.

Mar 12, 2014, 4:56 PM

he does throw a nice deep ball. people can complain about this and that but he is a good leader, can run, can learn a new system and will be a nice player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he is right

Mar 12, 2014, 4:58 PM

but evaluating QBs isn't something Dabo has a great track record of doing.

I still think TB is a 1 contract guy. Just not accurate enough.

Re: I hope he is right

Mar 12, 2014, 5:55 PM

He has as good of a track record as anyone else.

Dabo also said...

Mar 12, 2014, 5:04 PM

Watson,Kelly and Stoudt would all play in the NFL

;)

:D :D

uhh,

right.

With Parker, Boyd, Kelly, Stoudt and Watson as NFL starters

Mar 12, 2014, 5:14 PM

and Whitehurst as an NFL backup, Will Clemson be labeled QBU?

i wish him all the best.. and even if NFL doesnt work out

Mar 12, 2014, 6:25 PM

he has a degree...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 12, 2014, 6:40 PM

He is a great kid with good principals. He gave us a lot of great moments, 11 win seasons, ACC championships, BCS bowl wins, etc. Unfortunately, whenever I think of him I think 0-3. NO! I'm not a coot, its just that the coot game means a lot to me and my "mixed" family. Bad plays, interceptions, fumbles, sacks, etc. The coot side of the family "loves" Boyd, that says it all to me.

Kyle Parker is an NFL QB***

Mar 12, 2014, 7:09 PM

Cootstripe777...

Mar 12, 2014, 7:12 PM

Get meds.

He is doing quite well for himself, thank you.***

Mar 12, 2014, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Kyle Parker is an NFL QB*** ]

Lol

Mar 12, 2014, 8:02 PM

Dabo sure does know how to put the pressure on somebody.

Boyd is good in our system

Mar 12, 2014, 8:37 PM

And a good college qb but he simply lacks the intangibles that pro ball teams will be looking for. Late rounder at best. Teams are looking for qb like the ucf qb.

IMO

Mar 13, 2014, 2:03 AM

Personally I think tajh can develop into a good nfl quarterback as long as he goes to a good coaching staff. The things he hurt us with at Clemson can be coached out him. And we all know how much the nfl loves the deep ball.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic