Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,269

Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker

Mar 10, 2014, 9:43 AM

Heartbreaker

Heartbreak
Sports teach us so many lessons.  We learn that the highs can make us feel on top of the world one minute and the next minute we can get our hearts ripped out.  Saturday we saw that as Clemson basketball fans.

Some teams and some coaches are closer to my heart than others.  I

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker

Mar 10, 2014, 10:11 AM

Poor inbound play at the end of regulation was one of the main reasons Tigers lost Saturday. Surprised MP did not mention that in his blog. I would hope BB works on that this week...

Mar 10, 2014, 10:22 AM

He addressed it in his post-game comments.

Mar 10, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker ]

You are absolutely wrong! We lost because the referees made a VERY bad call.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong!

Mar 10, 2014, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker ]

Poor in bounds play led to them getting off a shot after time had expired. It took the refs poor decision to turn that into a loss.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll tellya what the Pitt basketball taught me.....

Mar 10, 2014, 11:52 AM

It taught me that ACC officials are still worthless and incapable of making the tough calls....particularly when Clemson's involved in a big game because "nobody else in the conference cares" if Tiger basketball gets skrude yet again. As indicated by the press since it occurred, media outlets (beyond the state borders) gave little to no mention. If this had happened to any other school in the conference--particularly a Tobacco Rd. team--there'd have been an outcry about the officiating.

My disdain and outright dislike of ACC officiating crews didn't develop overnight. I've seen similar events far, far too many times over the last 50 years to think it all just too coincidental. Yeah, yeah....we missed free throws and bumbled the inbounds, but there could just as easily have been missed fouls called during regulation and certainly at least one technical should have been assessed against the Pitt bench....No....Clemson just got the ACC shaft again and no one will scream at Greensboro about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll tellya what the Pitt basketball taught me..remember

Mar 10, 2014, 11:56 AM

when the used to be coin flips on ties? I dont think we ever had one of those fall our way either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2014, 12:48 PM

How do you allow yourself to get into OT when you are up by 5 with 12 seconds remaining? And when you are inbounding the ball with 2.5 seconds left, why not throw the ball the far end of the court? What are the odds that Pitt could have stolen a 75 ft pass, and hit a half-court shot in less than 2.5 seconds? But, you increase Pitt's odds if you throw the ball 5 feet right in front of the opponent's basket! It was a total mental breakdown on the part of the Tigers, including the coaching staff.

Maybe the biggest coaching blunder

Mar 10, 2014, 1:16 PM

in Clemson History. The refs counting the shot could have gone either way and the team that the call went against would have been mad. It was that close.

Mar 10, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Heartbreaker ]

You are exactly correct.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,269
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic