Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Video: Brownell on overtime loss to Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Video: Brownell on overtime loss to Pitt

Mar 8, 2014, 7:36 PM

Video: Brownell on overtime loss to Pitt

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is 2 seconds long enough for them to dribble the ball

Mar 8, 2014, 10:14 PM

two or three times and take a three. Brownell keeps saying that and it makes no sense. drible two or three times? Two seconds? SMH, WTH

Re: How is 2 seconds long enough for them to dribble the ball

Mar 8, 2014, 10:16 PM

He went to the Tate George school of BB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is 2 seconds long enough for them to dribble the ball

Mar 8, 2014, 10:44 PM [ in reply to How is 2 seconds long enough for them to dribble the ball ]

an ACC (quick) guard can go baseline to baseline in 4 secs. i don't think you understand how fast these players are. so yes, a steal anywhere near mid court and they could dribble to within shooting range.

I think it is concerning that we have to have all 5 guys int he back court to get the ball inbounds. More of an indictment of Hall's lack of speed than anything.

We should be able to put 2 guards back there and get open against ANYONE.

On a long pass the D likely has to jump in the air and

Mar 9, 2014, 1:39 AM

catch the ball...then land...with a defender in your face...then heave a long shot with no momentum. There isn't any time to advance the ball very far, you saw how long it took Pitt to shoot a 10 foot shot after that turnover.

Brownell has done a tremendous job this year but he 100% blew that play call, it was a horrible decision and it's not even debatable. He chose to minimize the chance of a loss in regulation at the expense of the choice that was more likely to result in a win.

How exactly did he blow the call? It was a safe call...

Mar 10, 2014, 8:50 AM

we just failed to get the ball in. In retrospect I'm guessing BB would call a timeout and reset. If KJ wasn't open Harrison should have called a TO. Also guessing that had that been Duke/NC on the inbound pass they'd have been going to the line. Regardless this one is going to leave a mark.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe you are really questioning that***

Mar 10, 2014, 8:42 AM [ in reply to How is 2 seconds long enough for them to dribble the ball ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i told my wife...

Mar 8, 2014, 10:35 PM

..."we are gonna throw it deep. Worst case scenario they intercept it and have to take a desperation half court shot".... nope. This team still played hard and greatly outperformed what was expected of them coming into the season. Hope we can pull a couple wins together in the tournament.

Re: i told my wife...

Mar 8, 2014, 10:44 PM

I agree, throw it long and as long as someone touches it, game over. Do they not practice these situations at the end of practice? Another questions, why aren't Little John's clocks set the same?

Re: i told my wife...

Mar 9, 2014, 1:41 AM

Regardless of the clocks being together. There is a shot clock on each end of the court. We and they were playing to the clock on the Pit end of the court where the ball was being in bounded. That was at that time the clock the refs were watching, and it should have been the deciding clock. The refs made a bad call the way I see it to save face. The clock on the Pit side of the court is the clock that started the end bounds play, and that is the only clock that should have counted. After all, that clock is the clock that started first when the ball was brought into play. Absolutely nothing else should have counted over the clock that started the play. If we would have made a play to win the game at the other end of the court. The refs would have said that our clock didn't start with the clock that end bounded the ball. They would have taken a winning basket from us away b/c of it. They would have said that the clock lagged from the clock that actually started the play. We would have loss, simple as that, and rightfully so b/c the clock away from the in bound pass lagged. But they gave Pit the win from the clock that didn't start the in bounds play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you have talented players like we do, and we choke...

Mar 9, 2014, 8:11 PM

It's the coaching. Fire the whole staff now.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic