Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....

Mar 6, 2014, 4:42 PM

So I guess there is your answer to what Ray feels about it. Personally I'm glad. The guy is a joke and I don't think he represents what a school should want represented. Not that any of y'all care what I think. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

I absolutely care what you think

Mar 6, 2014, 4:43 PM

do you recommend the quarter pounder or Big Mac?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Dude, you know Cookout is where it's at!*****

Mar 6, 2014, 4:47 PM

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Indeed it is...they've taken lots of my money...***

Mar 6, 2014, 5:36 PM

those shakes I make.......

Mar 6, 2014, 5:40 PM

whaaaaaa?

Re: I absolutely care what you think

Mar 6, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to I absolutely care what you think ]

Quarter pounder. They're easier to make.***

Mar 6, 2014, 7:38 PM [ in reply to I absolutely care what you think ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.... ah we care

Mar 6, 2014, 4:44 PM

it is always good for a laugh

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....

Mar 6, 2014, 4:48 PM

suspended for a meaningless game. typical gamecock bullcrap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really is a hollow gesture by Tanner.

Mar 6, 2014, 4:53 PM

It's so he can say he did something without really doing anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is absurd.

Mar 6, 2014, 5:13 PM

How many coaches have been suspended for a game for no other reason than behavior. Keep in mind, it isn't like Frank got a bunch of T's and cost his team the game like Jimmy B or anything. This is a missed game for no other reason than poor representation and if you don't think it is the first step towards building a case for firing with cause (and not owing any money), you are missing the big picture.

No matter how much you defend Martin, what he did was

Mar 6, 2014, 5:19 PM

pretty awful and the action of Tanner is a hollow gesture if nothing else is done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

defend Martin????? read much? I despise Martin******

Mar 6, 2014, 5:20 PM

I read this much: "Keep in mind, it isn't like Frank got a

Mar 6, 2014, 5:24 PM

bunch of T's and cost his team the game like Jimmy B or anything."

Did you already forget you wrote that?

I am saying that he didn't perform poorly as a coach

Mar 6, 2014, 5:30 PM

so that this punishment is solely for his horrible treatment of players, which makes it that much worse.
Nothing that I have written (including that) should give you the impression I am defending Martin.

Does this sound like defending Martin...

Mar 6, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to No matter how much you defend Martin, what he did was ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15127745

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This is a public shaming of Martin, and a good one.

Mar 6, 2014, 6:50 PM [ in reply to It really is a hollow gesture by Tanner. ]

That's the main punishment, not the fact that he won't coach a game, or receive one game's worth of salary.

Re: This is a public shaming of Martin, and a good one.

Mar 6, 2014, 8:48 PM

exactly, and I'm not sure there's much more Ray could have done.

Mar 6, 2014, 8:50 PM

yep, old ray put the hammer down for sure. suspend him for one meaningless game at the end of a pathetic season. that should send a strong message.

Mar 7, 2014, 4:43 AM

Duhroberts...there is only one game left...and most of our games this year past the halfway point have been meaningless. We will sit, yet again in the post season. Oh... the SEC tournament... hell, those will be meaningless too...lol.

Mar 7, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: This is a public shaming of Martin, and a good one. ]

yeah what should he hold onto the suspension for 2 years until we play a relevant game? it's a regular season game, not sure what else he can do.

Does this apply for football too? any suspensions that come after a team is no longer in their division race shouldn't matter.

Except he did do something...***

Mar 7, 2014, 12:16 AM [ in reply to It really is a hollow gesture by Tanner. ]

Re: Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....

Mar 6, 2014, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray..... ]

All coot games are meaningless

Re: Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....

Mar 6, 2014, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray..... ]

Meaningless game...when the team is 4-13 in the SEC, they're all meaningless from here!

If that's the case, I'm curious....

Mar 6, 2014, 4:49 PM

how you feel about coaches pi$$ing on a public street or filming a post-game show while under the influence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

humiliated for GA, but seems to have been a case of

Mar 6, 2014, 4:53 PM

a mistake that was acknowledged, paid for severely, and moved on for the better.
I always thought too much was made of the SOS TV show deal, but that was just my opinion based on watching it one time.

You mean "too much made of it" by Clemson fans

Mar 6, 2014, 4:57 PM

because to my knowledge, the University never uttered one word about it.

They simply saw to it that the video that clearly showed an inebriated Spurrier, was removed from circulation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That just isn't true. It was shown on the news here

Mar 6, 2014, 5:05 PM

for days and SOS even addressed it the next day to the media at practice.
And no I didn't just mean Clemson fans. There were many local media here that I thought made too much of it; but thats not new for the media here when it comes to Coot U.

No,

Mar 6, 2014, 5:14 PM

The University pulled it from airing again, the copies that got out were the ones tivoed*(sp) by people from the first time it aired.

Also I gave you a random TU to get your points up from 666. YOU ARE WELCOME

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

SOS himself dedicated 3 questions to it in the press

Mar 6, 2014, 5:17 PM

gathering after practice. it wasn't like they were tryinig to hide it is what im saying.

thanks, not a good number for a good christian boy like me :)

If there was nothing wrong with it....

Mar 6, 2014, 5:17 PM [ in reply to You mean "too much made of it" by Clemson fans ]

why did the University stop it from airing any further.

I honestly didn't know that happened.******

Mar 6, 2014, 5:18 PM

Of course you didn't.....

Mar 6, 2014, 5:51 PM

which is exactly what the University was attempting to accomplish by preventing the program from reairing.

"paid for severely"...?

Mar 6, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to humiliated for GA, but seems to have been a case of ]

Did I miss something?

Re: If that's the case, I'm curious....

Mar 6, 2014, 10:12 PM [ in reply to If that's the case, I'm curious.... ]

Its just a simple fact that at the present moment, Spurrier is too popular in Cootville to face any real discipline. They want him a whole lot worse than he wants to be there.

Also glad to see this.

Mar 6, 2014, 4:51 PM

Unacceptable way to treat human beings, much less coach young basketball players.

It has to stop. Immediately. If it doesn't...see ya.

Amen. I haven't coached at the D1 level but I played

Mar 6, 2014, 4:54 PM

and have coached young kids my whole life. Never seen anything like him.

If I displayed that behavior on my job

Mar 6, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Also glad to see this. ]

I would already be fired, and rightfully so.

Re: If I displayed that behavior on my job

Mar 6, 2014, 5:11 PM

Well, that's more than Garcia got in his 5 strikes. But then again, there isn't a bowl game on the line.

yeah we protected Garcia in bowl games

Mar 6, 2014, 5:15 PM

because he played soooooo well in bowl games.
smh

My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled

Mar 6, 2014, 5:20 PM

at us worse than Martin. Pretty soon HC won't be able to cuss or touch players at all anymore.

Re: My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled

Mar 6, 2014, 5:29 PM

was your coach caught cussing you out on TV? I bet if he was, he would have been fired.

Re: My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled

Mar 6, 2014, 5:31 PM

tv?? I'll bet they didnt even have radio back then.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHEN were YMCA basketball games televised??????***

Mar 6, 2014, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled ]

All challenges to manhood will be "homophobic"

Mar 6, 2014, 5:37 PM [ in reply to My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled ]

I don't think a coach should be abusive in the way they yell at players, but there's nothing wrong with a little yelling and a little cussing in sports. I don't think I would personally do it as a coach, but I have also seen the way coaches can use that to motivate players. While Martin hasn't been able to do much with the sorry talent at USC, he's been a good coach in the past who good HS players apparently want to play for, so it's not like he's just some stooge out there making a ruckus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree the culture is far softer than it was not

Mar 6, 2014, 7:45 PM

long ago, but that's not going to change anytime soon, in fact, it will only get softer. And today more than ever, perception matters, and the perception he presents of himself with the crazy stares and expletive filled outbursts is not one that is going to sell in this day and age

Tell 'em coot

Mar 6, 2014, 6:53 PM [ in reply to My goodness how soft have we all become? My HS coach yelled ]

Did you play for big eyes in high school ?

Hey Confessed...

Mar 6, 2014, 5:32 PM

What do you think the penalty should have been for Spurrier being drunk on TV or Mangus getting arrested?

I answered already somewhere else but GA paid

Mar 6, 2014, 5:37 PM

dearly for his STUPID mistake. As in multiple 6 figures dearly, and I think that was reasonable.
I thought SOS's deal was blown out of proportion but I didn't realize there was some "hiding" of the footage by USC (as I just learned now) so I don't know about that....yet.
But my garnet glasses are pretty fair. If something stinks.....I usually say so.

GA had his pay docked

Mar 6, 2014, 5:45 PM

But he was still making I think like $300K and he just got a huge raise.

GA really should have been fired.

And Spurrier, yes that was attempted to be covered up. I certainly don't mind the dude having some beers, actually he would probably be pretty fun to have a few with, but he was "sloshed" on TV. Something should have been done.

Ray lost a lot of credibility on that one.

Wouldn't expect Clemson fans to see it

Mar 6, 2014, 5:49 PM

any other way, and Coots will never see it that way. That is fine with me but there really isn't any fun in trying to convince each other, so I usually avoid those types of discussions.

Re: Frank Martin suspended one game by Ray.....

Mar 6, 2014, 8:43 PM

I'm gonna have to support my AD on this.

Re: Heck guy, you have no other choice.***

Mar 6, 2014, 9:18 PM

I'm sure Ray was somewhat influenced by the videos and

Mar 6, 2014, 8:57 PM

articles posted nationwide.

In fairness, he should have done something similar when Spurrier got on his coaches show obviously drunk as a skunk.

There's not enough balls in Cootloumbia to fire SOS.

Mar 7, 2014, 6:45 AM

He could rape Ray's mama and get a first place ring for it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol..that is not a punishment..

Mar 6, 2014, 9:29 PM

I would think it makes Martin happy not to have to endure another loss in person.

So he can't go to the spring game?***

Mar 7, 2014, 6:51 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic