Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring practice day one observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring practice day one observations

Mar 5, 2014, 6:36 PM

Spring practice day one observations

Spring practice got underway Wednesday afternoon. How did the freshman receivers look? Was Deshaun Watson as advertised? How is the quarterback race shaping up? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ben Boulware is going to wreck shop soon enough***

Mar 5, 2014, 6:44 PM

Re: New Story: Spring practice day one observations

Mar 5, 2014, 6:51 PM

Rubbin' elbows with Ol' Rex. I love it.

Yes Yes Just reading about it gets me excited and

Mar 5, 2014, 6:52 PM

ready for August!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes Yes Just reading about it gets me excited and

Mar 5, 2014, 8:15 PM

Hey man, the summer hasn't even gotten here yet. So don't be trying to rush through it. By yourself a nice Harley and enjoy it. There are poker runs the whole summer that you can enjoy that will make the summer go by fast enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaq Anthony should not be working with

Mar 5, 2014, 6:54 PM

The first team. Should be whoever is available to win the start at UGA!

Message was edited by: HeresWhatsUp®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shaq Anthony should not be working with

Mar 5, 2014, 7:18 PM

I sure agree with this.. practice those that want to play and abide by the rules!!NO ANOTHNY

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2014, 7:20 PM

hmm, so punish him all spring too?. It would seem Spring Practice serves a different purpose.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For crying out loud guys, it's the first day of spring ball

Mar 5, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Shaq Anthony should not be working with ]

and I'm 100% sure the coaches have discussed plans A, B, and C in place to handle the situation appropriately going forward.

Re: For crying out loud guys, it's the first day of spring ball

Mar 5, 2014, 8:18 PM

+ 1 and wish I could have given more!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2014, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Shaq Anthony should not be working with ]

Do you get brain freeze regularly.

Yeah. They shouldn't learn the fundamentals

Mar 5, 2014, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Shaq Anthony should not be working with ]

its not like he's going to start 11 to 13 games. He should work with the walk-ons, hold a clipboard and miss out on all preseason work since he can't play in game 1.

Or maybe, just maybe, he will work out with his unit until they start installing the UGA gameplan.

Mar 6, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Shaq Anthony should not be working with ]

SA is only out for 1 game... time enough to get the 5 that will start the last 2 weeks of fall camp... right now you want whoever will start to earn it. In Spring best at the position should be first team.
For UGa the second best center may be starting at Guard. Our 2nd team LT might be starting at RT. last 2 weeks of fall camp the best 5 OL that will play against UGa are on the first team....

#4???

Mar 5, 2014, 8:26 PM

Thought Fuller's #4 was retired?

Re: #4???

Mar 5, 2014, 8:32 PM

He had better be good as they say he is if he's going to wear THAT number.

Mar 5, 2014, 8:39 PM [ in reply to #4??? ]

I really don't think we can logically keep a number of the past from the type of player we will have in Watson. I surely don't have a problem with Watson having the number 4 b/c, Fuller is in the way past. And I personally believe Watson will lead us into a great future. A number is just a number, and Fuller and Watson are both a good part of Clemson.

Mar 5, 2014, 8:54 PM [ in reply to #4??? ]

it is/was!! I do not like them starting to use the retired numbers!

Mar 6, 2014, 7:40 AM

I think it opens up a can of worms. Do you promise the next great RB coming out the #28?

Mar 5, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to #4??? ]

They brought it up with Dabo after practice. Dabo said he asked Fuller and Fuller is supportive of it. Watson will wear a Steve Fuller patch on his jersey for his entire Clemson career.

Mar 6, 2014, 7:40 AM

if Watson is that good, could #4 be retired twice?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to #4??? ]

Dabo discussed it with SFuller and Fuller said that it would be fine... the #4 Jersey worn by Watson with have a SteveFuller patch somewhere on it... maybe one day someone will wear it with a Steve Fuller patch and a Watson patch! :)

Re: New Story: Spring practice day one observations

Mar 5, 2014, 8:29 PM

DeShaun impressed with accuracy but overthrew a receiver by 20 yds? Please explain.

Overall, I like this team. We may not have a Sammy or a CJ but we have deep talent that we likely have never had. Good job recruiting, now let's coach 'em up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Boulware = Shuey clone, total terror and I love it!!!!!

Mar 5, 2014, 8:37 PM

ct

Agreed, although Ben looks a bit more

Mar 5, 2014, 11:04 PM

athletic. They both seem to have that, " nose for the ball"/"high football IQ" intangible that every coach loves to see in LB's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Boulware will be much better than Shuey

Mar 6, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Boulware = Shuey clone, total terror and I love it!!!!! ]

and not all white linebackers are alike...

He reminds me more of Larry Bird.

Mar 6, 2014, 10:22 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: I think Boulware will be much better than Shuey

Mar 6, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to I think Boulware will be much better than Shuey ]

He played out of position at Mike other's lack of knowing the playbook. It's a shame he didn't get to play a position he was suited for until his senior year and even then I noticed him failing to cover his gap. I think it was due to him being moved around so much while others learned the playbook.

The great think about Shuey, which I think Boulware has in common, was that he did his best to learn his assignments on and off the field.

Past that, there's not many similar traits. I think Boulware has a great advantage over Shuey. BB doesn't have to learn two systems or deal with the Steel's failure. He won't be thrown in the fire by being asked to play Mike until and unless he's really ready to handle it.

Boulware's skill development is two or more years ahead of Shuey and I think he has more true grit. Shuey left gaps open last year and many long yardage plays started through him. I expect more of Boulware. He started with that killer instinct that Shuey didn't get until his last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great report

Mar 5, 2014, 10:43 PM

Keep it coming!

Lets go TIGERS!***

Mar 6, 2014, 2:18 AM

Nice update! I wish Rendrick Taylor could get an NFL shot.***

Mar 6, 2014, 3:24 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1