Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: NFL analyst's take on Martavis Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: NFL analyst's take on Martavis Bryant

Mar 3, 2014, 3:04 PM

NFL analyst's take on Martavis Bryant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very Fair Assessment.***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Translation: could've used another year in college...***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Translation: could've used another year in college...***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:16 PM

Yep. A guy like him - who would almost certainly have a 1000 yard season next year given his combination of talent and our system - would almost certainly be a 1st rounder with those measurables --- regardless of the other rough edges to his game.

Mar 3, 2014, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Translation: could've used another year in college...*** ]

Agreed, could probably have guaranteed himself a first round pick with another year as the go to guy

Mar 3, 2014, 3:35 PM

I think that is exactly what 90% of us T-Netters were saying about Bryant. His family just couldn't, wouldn't wait another year for him to get the big bucks that he would've gotten after just one more college year. But after this major screw up, I bet he will have learned not to let people that don't have to walk in his shoes, make any more life changing decisions for him. I would easily bet that family members have been waiting on his money ever since the day he was being recruited by the big time college programs. The ones closest to him probably quit their jobs.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he made the decision to become the baby daddy of a few

Mar 3, 2014, 4:35 PM

different women's babies... so there's that.

I actually know one of his family members...How bout you?***

Mar 3, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Translation: could've used another year in college...*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Translation: could've used another year in college...*** ]

Mar 3, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Translation: could've used another year in college...*** ]

he sure did need that other year BUT???? $$$$

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2014, 4:21 PM

Another year may not have helped him statistically anyways. We will have a new QB that is going to have to get used to throwing to all the WR's and get used to playing in snaps that actually matter and not mop up duty, that is going to take several games and hinder stats in its self. Then he would be playing in an offense that if the QB is watson or kelly will see even more QB runs than last year and with the addition of all the running backs we will spend a lot of time handing the ball off at some point trying to decide which backs are best. Then with all the WR's and TE's we have coming in plus Williams,Peake,and Leggett, Bryant would not have been targeted anywhere near as much as a true number one WR like Nuk and Sammy were targeted the last three years. He would have had a good year but would have probably been right where he is now with no one knowing how great he might one day be. I'm sure Dabo discussed all this with him and probably told him it was in his best interest to go get his money for his family.

Re: Re: Translation: could've used another year in college...***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:32 PM

Ummmm tiger town0626 are you sure you follow the team? Because first off you said the receivers would have a new QB that would have to get used to throwing to all the receivers and it's the other way around. The receiver adjusts to the QB. We run a spread why would a QB that's been in our system or came from one similar to ours have to adjust to throwing the ball when that's what our offense consists of. Then you mentioned that he wouldn't have as much production because of the TE and WR we have coming in and that's false. I doubt that any of our incoming pass catchers become star players overnight and between Bryant and Peake they would have been the CLEAR TOP TWO options. And then you said that Dabo probably advised him in doing this when Dabo despises leaving early without being guaranteed first round material. Don't be a coot in tigers clothing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Translation: could've used another year in college...***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:43 PM

I didn't say the QB has to get accustomed to throwing the ball like they have came from a run offense team, they have to build timing with receivers. I believe the reason that manziel and bridgewater did not throw at the combine was because they did not want to throw to receivers they were not accustomed to throwing to. Yes they throw in practice but there is a difference between practice and game speed and it is going to take whoever the new QB is this year multiple games to get comfortable in game scenarios as no QB on the roster has played meaningful snaps against 1st team opponents. Second, Williams came in last year and had meaningful playing time so what leads you to believe that one of the new guys won't see meaningful play time this year?

agreed Ace***

Mar 5, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Translation: could've used another year in college...*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: NFL analyst's take on Martavis Bryant

Mar 3, 2014, 4:35 PM

If it ever clicks on for Bryant he will be a monster WR ... impossible to single cover.

I think the key here is "much better on later tape".

Mar 3, 2014, 5:21 PM

I thought Bryant proved himself as the year progressed. Yes, he probably could have benefitted from a year at Clemson out from underneath the shadow of Hopkins and/or Watkins, but with measurables as good or better than Sammy's, I think he will go fairly high as far as WRs go. Scouts eat that stuff up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't care watt any analyst says.

Mar 3, 2014, 7:46 PM

We've watched him for three years....His brick hands were always an issue and I see that being a problem on the next level. He's a "body catch first " reciever and that just doesn't fly on the next level with the massive talents in the secondary. Special team guy and good flashes during games at best. Nothing more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: FB Update: NFL analyst's take on Martavis Bryant

Mar 5, 2014, 8:59 PM

unfortunate, because the kid would catch everything in practice. But on the big stage, his focus was not always where it needed to be.

He did manage to go full beast mode in the orange bowl though, that does seem to have a lot of coaches intrigued.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic