Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson still on the Bubble Watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,788

BKB Update: Clemson still on the Bubble Watch

Mar 3, 2014, 1:21 PM

Clemson still on the Bubble Watch

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: Clemson still on the Bubble Watch

Mar 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

It will be disappointing to get close and not make it. But at the beginning of the year we would have never imaged we would even be in the discussion for this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are saying there is a Chance. GO TIGERS!!!***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this was unc, duke etc. They'd be already a lock.!!!!!!!***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may get flamed for this

Mar 3, 2014, 2:41 PM

But I believe it'd be better for us to play a few games in the NIT than to get trucked by a 3 seed with us as a 14 seed in the NCAAs. The more games and practices we can get for this young team, the better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Won't flame you, but I respectfully disagree

Mar 3, 2014, 2:58 PM

The points you raised are true, but it is still ALWAYS better to go to the NCAA tourney. Yeah, practice is good, but the recruiting cred and monetary support bonuses from even going to the NCAA tourney are way better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't flame you, but I respectfully disagree

Mar 3, 2014, 3:51 PM

^^^Agreed. We also wouldn't be a 14-seed coming out of the ACC. 12th is probably as low as we'd get.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't flame you, but I respectfully disagree

Mar 3, 2014, 8:25 PM

Can't disagree with either of you but it's most likely 1 and done if we make it the the Big Dance. Which unfortunately is modern history for our BB program. Hopefully BB can turn that around in the years to come.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Not sure why you think it is "most likely 1 & done"...

Mar 4, 2014, 9:18 AM

We're a solid team that is designed to create havoc in a tournament format with our defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I would totally agree with you. This team would be a #2

Mar 4, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to I may get flamed for this ]

seed in the NIT, have some home games, and could make a run to the quarter finals in MSG. going to the big dance and being one and done again does no good. Plus, if you look at Clemson's resume, the honestly dont deserve an at-large bid. One quality win over the RPI Top 50. Not a single OOC quality win over anybody in the RPI Top 100. The best OOC win was over Davidson and they're RPI 158, the last I checked. And the SOS overall is 100th. They just dont deserve a bid. They blew their chances by losing to Auburn, ND, WF, and then that squeaker vs UVA. They've had opportunities but blew them.

So you are saying there is a chance???

Mar 3, 2014, 2:54 PM

;)

Either way.....

Mar 4, 2014, 9:15 AM

if we win out regular season and get one win in the ACC tournament we'd have to consider this year a substantial success.
Even though this team may be in dire straits if KJ leaves after this season

doubt KJ leaves-- mistake if he does ....this team will

Mar 4, 2014, 9:31 AM

have ample scorers next year; people said the same thing coming into this year but Brownell makes players better every year and turns them into scorers/better FT shooters as needed---- Nnoko will be an auto 2 almost every time he touches the ball in the paint next year and his FT % will move into the 70s-- Hall can score anytime they need him and Hall/Filer can make the late game drive layup/get fouled; Harrison has turned it on and expect continued improvement in scoring, Djambo an Djitte will both added bulk and Djambo will be shooting around 30% from 3-- he's got good form. Blossingame is going to be a big time player-- already great on the O glass but will be a consistent scorer next year

Rooks, Devoe and Grantham will all add scoring punch if they can prove to Brownell they can play some D

we would miss KJ's shot blocking more than any part of his game if he leaves early

we'll always be a good D team under Brownell

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,788
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic