Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Steele: Littlejohn feared no more?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 148
| visibility 151

New Story: Steele: Littlejohn feared no more?

Mar 3, 2014, 11:53 AM

Steele: Littlejohn feared no more?

There was a time when Littlejohn Coliseum was named one of the toughest places for a visitor to play in college basketball, but dwindling student support and outside interests have changed that perception. What does Brad Brownell say about that perception? What does he say about the final two home games? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither is BTF.***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:54 AM

null

Re: Neither is BTF.- I disagree

Mar 3, 2014, 11:56 AM

after yesterday I suspect Clemson fans are starting to fear it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither is BTF.***

Mar 3, 2014, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Neither is BTF.*** ]

### does BTF mean

Re: Neither is BTF.***

Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 AM

For me, trying to figure out what BTF means is hard enough. But, I'm trying to figure out what the h&ll is this>>>> ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUAD even tried giving away

Mar 3, 2014, 11:55 AM

Brown-L bars. If that doesn't bring the students in, nothing will!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Who?***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:56 AM

null

The only coach who has beaten the coots this year

Mar 3, 2014, 11:57 AM

in a sport that matters.

Hth that helps

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The only coach who has beaten the coots this year

Mar 3, 2014, 11:58 AM

Soccerkrzy is not going to like this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: The only coach who has beaten the coots this year

Mar 3, 2014, 6:03 PM

you are so right and it makes me sick to see it in print

Tennis?***

Mar 3, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to The only coach who has beaten the coots this year ]

null

Do I look like T_I_P?***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:00 PM

Not sure. What's that chick look like?***

Mar 3, 2014, 12:01 PM

null

I don't get it...

Mar 3, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Do I look like T_I_P?*** ]

Don't you go to Clemson in large part for the sports? My favorite two activities when I was a student were foorball and basketball games... in that order.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I agree

Mar 3, 2014, 12:06 PM

I just don't get the mindset of not going to basketball games. Especially when this is the best team we have had in years. Not only that, but the future looks very bright for this team, especially if KJ comes back next year.

this wednesday vs SC at home

Mar 3, 2014, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Tennis?*** ]

in men's tennis

Student section was packed for baseball

Mar 3, 2014, 12:07 PM

Something about the product in LJC is clearly turning the students off. Maybe it's the seating, maybe it's ticket distribution policies, heck maybe they're tired of J-Dew. I don't know what the issue(s) is/are, but it needs to be found.

A large portion of the students coming to games are going to be freshmen because they're the ones who live within walking distance. Find a way to get them involved and you'll have your solution.

Re: Student section was packed for baseball

Mar 3, 2014, 12:15 PM

Because the baseball team played South Carolina...

It was pretty full for EMU and Maine on the warm days***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:34 PM

Re: Student section was packed for baseball

Mar 4, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Student section was packed for baseball ]

Ticket distribution need to change big time.

My son plays in the pep band and couldn't get in the baseball game because all the student tickets were gone!

Why not distribute the tickets during the week???

the students say they have to study during the games, but...

Mar 3, 2014, 12:14 PM

...when you tweet about them during the game they tweet back...how exactly do they study while on Twitter?

ITS ACC BASKETBALL ARE YOU EF ING KIDDING ME!!!!!??

Mar 3, 2014, 12:28 PM

You ain't studying that hard, I see all of you out in the streets all nights of the week learning about Sam Adams and Ying and Ling. Don't give me that study BS! Go support your team or go to cootville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Duke students seem to be able to find a couple hours to

Mar 3, 2014, 12:30 PM

attend a basketball game...but they don't have to study as hard as Clemson students.

Wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No no no bob

Mar 3, 2014, 12:31 PM

It's the UNCheat students that don't have to go to class, not the Duke students

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: ITS ACC BASKETBALL ARE YOU EF ING KIDDING ME!!!!!??

Mar 4, 2014, 10:09 AM [ in reply to ITS ACC BASKETBALL ARE YOU EF ING KIDDING ME!!!!!?? ]

Exactly, b/c they can study the beverages in the 5 points study hall.

It's actually pretty easy to be studying and also be on

Mar 3, 2014, 5:19 PM [ in reply to the students say they have to study during the games, but... ]

twitter.

Re: New Story: Steele: Littlejohn feared no more?

Mar 3, 2014, 12:24 PM

I graduated 2012. Didn't go to many basketball games because it's not a sport I care about.

On weeknights it's hard to make games, no matter what sport. You have to work around your class groups, studying, and any other activity you are involved in.

Mar 3, 2014, 4:05 PM

"Its hard to make games"...

lol what a load of bull ####.

null

Mar 4, 2014, 9:53 AM

What in world will he do when he gets a job???

Dang I've heard it all now

Mar 4, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Steele: Littlejohn feared no more? ]

I guess I will get a TD also. I can see it being hard to get to the games in cootlumbia b/c, you have to drive all over cootlumbia to get to their facilities. But at Clemson, everything is right there. Hop on the shuttle bus!!!

Did you ever go to college?

Mar 4, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Steele: Littlejohn feared no more? ]

Try taking a few engineering courses, it takes up time

I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand

Mar 3, 2014, 12:27 PM

While BB has done a decent job this yr, his basketball is boring to watch. Students like exciting, as do most fans. VCU used to have no much of a crowd, but now it's one of the most loud arena's in college. This is bc of Shaka's HAVOC, aka knows as Purnell BB.

The fans love it.
Brad may eventually get to the tourney, but I'm willing to bet we'd still have low attendance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse plays low scoring games

Mar 3, 2014, 12:33 PM

And they have the support of millions in NY.

Re: Syracuse plays low scoring games

Mar 3, 2014, 12:56 PM

That's because their fans are knowledgeable and ours are basketball ignorant. Look how many ijits want Brownell fired after we lose a game.

Re: I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand

Mar 3, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

Brownell is the best head coach we have on campus. I don't give a #### that we play a slowed down, lower scoring type of basketball with a strong emphasis on defense. Brownell is establishing a winning mentality and fully developing all players. We are playing better half court defense than we have in years. We are also hitting free throws.

We have a better recruiting class coming in this year and I am excited about our basketball future. Winning should be the only thing that matters. Our teams are not established for the sole purpose of entertaining fans. They are established to win as many games as they possibly can. If we play every game in the 30's and 40's next year and win more than we do this year I will be happy.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. If I wanted to see

Mar 3, 2014, 5:20 PM

players running up and down the court I would watch NBA which is so BORING. The VAST majority of fans just want to WIN, end of story.

So it is because of hte fast paced game they play and not

Mar 3, 2014, 12:53 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

due to the wins? So by that logic, everyone must have flocked to LJC in Purnell's first couple seasons because they had a "fun to watch" style, right? Or was it after a couple seasons when people started showing up as the wins were rolling in?

So the Depaul students come to their games? Maybe we can

Mar 3, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

hire OP as an assistant when he gets fired at Depaul for completely sucking open a$$ in a recruiting hotbed at a REAL basketball school...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games?

Mar 3, 2014, 1:02 PM

lets hear some lame excuse? It aint b/c we arent winning. We're 9-7 in the ACC. If we were 16-0, yes more would show up to watch slugs fight it out. But we'll never be great in BB, just good. Add to that, a painful style to watch and yes no one shows.

This has nothing to do with his coaching abilities but this article is on why no one is coming. People spend their hard money on entertainment and clemson BB by Brad is just not that entertaining.

If you had the chance to watch a team, would you want to watch a team with a high energy game or grind it out slow down BB?

You'll probably give some bs answer but I'm willing to be 95% would love to see high octane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have ###### basketball fans...DUh...Do you ever come to

Mar 3, 2014, 1:05 PM

games?

uh dumb ###

Mar 3, 2014, 1:09 PM

i live 7 hours away so no.

Then how do you know what it's like? Why should I

Mar 3, 2014, 1:14 PM

continue to debate with someone who only watches on TV?

ya, cause you cant see anything on tv.***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 PM

As far as the crowd goes, no , no you can't***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:36 PM

Why would you watch on TV if Clemson BB is boring

Mar 3, 2014, 5:30 PM [ in reply to ya, cause you cant see anything on tv.*** ]

to you. Surely you would have something more interesting to do?

also I can remember great fan seasons at Clemson

Mar 3, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to We have ###### basketball fans...DUh...Do you ever come to ]

Dale Davis yrs. Barnes years and a few Purnell years.

Our fans get up for exciting basketball, but this is not it.

First of all, Brad's style is similar to Barnes' style and

Mar 3, 2014, 1:18 PM

LJC was packed then so it ain't style of play genius and secondly, KJ is as exciting a player as we have had at Clemson and I started attending games in the late 70's...I've been coming to games for well over 30 years, I don't need you to tell me about Tiger Basketball fella...

if you dont understand the difference b/w Barnes style

Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 PM

and Brads you are lost.

First Barnes was a dynamic personality, Brad is the far extreme.

Barnes played huge big men slam body style. Brad just plays good Defense. Barnes again played out to in. Brad plays a motion offense but without the outside shot.

BUT you are right, both were low scoring so you got that part right.

No, you're right, Rick ran an exciting slow down plodder

Mar 3, 2014, 1:42 PM

where he bludgeoned people, just like OP...That's why we packed the house...

if people...

Mar 3, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to also I can remember great fan seasons at Clemson ]

would take the time and learn the strategy of the game that Brownell is running, the game would not be "boring". If people are just looking for fast points and running up and down the court, then they have no idea what is going on with Clemson basketball. IMO, the people that find it boring don't understand the game. Just like in baseball, people say it is boring. But if they understood why, when and how of the plays, it is much more entertaining. Just like basketball, both sports are not just score a basket or hit a ball.

Care to defend your statement? We were winning and the style

Mar 3, 2014, 4:23 PM [ in reply to also I can remember great fan seasons at Clemson ]

of play was exciting...where were the fans on SR day Genius? http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=270590228

pace of play is a lame excuse IMO. there are other issues

Mar 3, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games? ]

what they are exactly who knows. I have an idea what they are but pace of play is not one and if you polled the entire student body I doubt pace of play would be anywhere near the top.

Re: ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games?

Mar 3, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games? ]

When OP was struggling attendance sucked also that pretty much gets rid of your theory.

null

Attendance struggled EVEN while OP was winning, people that

Mar 3, 2014, 4:19 PM

ACTUALLY attend the games would know that... Here's a SR night from 07...Look at the attendance... That was the year we started 17-0(and failed to make the NCAA) http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=270590228

"But we'll never be great in BB, just good." -xtiger

Mar 3, 2014, 4:22 PM [ in reply to ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games? ]

Your statement says it all. A lot of our fan base feels like you do.With such a defeatist and negative attitude, many fans think that there is no point investing in something that will only disappoint them later. It's a cultural problem at Clemson. And it has to stop.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

I want to watch CLEMSON. Could care less if Duke and

Mar 3, 2014, 5:25 PM [ in reply to ok genius, tell me why no one is coming to games? ]

UNC were playing and the score was 130-128 in 5 overtimes. I can just hear the fans saying they are staying home because we might win 50-48.

Mar 3, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

This is the most exciting Tiger team I have seen since 1990 except for a few of Rick Barnes and Oliver Punells' teams.

This team plays hard from start to finish.. and pushes the ball up the court. Heck I find myself cheering when the get fouled they actually can shoot free throws!

If you think this team is boring ,,, you must not have watched yesterday's game!

first of all most games are not like yesterdays

Mar 3, 2014, 1:08 PM

and I'm a huge collge bb fan. And i find his style painful most of the time. I personally get bored watching these games. Reminded me of how I felt during the Shyatt era, even though he's a 1000 times better coach.

This has nothing to do with his coaching but why i think no one comes.

Everyone here can keep to poo poo this but the fact is NO ONE is showing up. There is a reason but for some reason no one wants to admit to it.

Maybe if you understood the game better, you wouldn't get so

Mar 3, 2014, 1:22 PM

bored when watching...Those things we run on Offense now are called P-l-a-y-s...They work better in the half-court than those AAU games you so desparately want to watch

The Cuse and UVa say hello, only the top 2 teams in the

Mar 3, 2014, 3:07 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

ACC

Well, we played "boring" football in the 80s and 90s

Mar 3, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

and students still went to all of the football games. Why? Because we won a lot of games and going to football games was the cool thing to do.

Our basketball is only "boring" to people who don't understand the game of basketball. And I don't think "boring basketball" is the reason students fail to show up. I also don't think that it is because of studying and exams for most students. I think it's because we aren't perceived to be a good enough team, and because basketball isn't the cool thing to do at Clemson. The only way to overcome the retarded cultural development among the current student body at Clemson is to be a really good team.

Mar 4, 2014, 9:57 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure why no one doesnt understand ]

Winning is boring??? Good grief

As a freshman student

Mar 3, 2014, 12:36 PM

The first issue is the tickets for students are atrocious. I have been to 5 basketball games and 4 times after arriving 15 minutes early for the game I have ended up in the top row against the wall. The second issue is we play a lot of big games duke, scar, unc, cuse, Pitt, UVA, FSU that the motivation to wake up on a Sunday (Yes 1pm for college students does require us to set an alarm from the night before) to watch us struggle with a Maryland team is very little especially after wake. Finally we never blow anyone out, close games get really annoying for a student standpoint. They are a lot of fun at first but when entering LJC you know it'll either be close or we will get blown out. Also no one drinks for basketball games who've leads to girls not wanting to come and bad cell phone reception. I have been at the South Carolina, duke, and maryland games but I've also been at FSU and UVA. Blow outs at home and bad tickets leads to lack of students.

REALLY?

Mar 3, 2014, 12:39 PM

That's BS!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Agree - every excuse he points out is total

Mar 3, 2014, 12:45 PM

BS! Just very lame excuses. Way to support your fellow students and all the hard work they put in because they don't have blow-out wins every night or because no one drinks for the game (pitiful excuse)or you have seats up at top. I've seen how empty LJC is and I'm sure you can move down. Bet you'd sit in a top row of Death Valley and be miles away from the game? Just ridiculous. Cannot believe I truly read this post.

Should've just said "I don't really want to go to the games"***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to pregame for almost all the basketball games with

Mar 3, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

the group I camped out with

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

You are obviously not a basketball fan

Mar 3, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Close games (unless you're playing Duke or UNC) are the most exciting as far as seeing each team's talent and coaching ability. To call a double-overtime game against Maryland "annoying" is simply ridiculous.

When I was at Clemson I camped out for major basketball games. I was on the front row when EA Sports came to judge how tough it is to play at Littlejohn, and we made sure it was loud every game. When else will you have the opportunity to watch Coach K or Roy Williams or the several future NBA players who play in the ACC?

Re: You are obviously not a basketball fan

Mar 3, 2014, 3:59 PM

When we barley beat Boston College at home or NC state away I did not see anyone on here happy about the game being close. Don't get me wrong the games were a lot of fun, but when you leave feeling the game shouldn't have been that close you loose a little of the fan base. And the maryland game has no impact on the crowd for that game. Its the games against wake forest, GT, Notre dame, Auburn that discourage students and that isnt right but its the way students feel.

As a student at Clemson you really ought to know the

Mar 3, 2014, 5:22 PM

difference between "lose" and "loose"

Re: As a freshman student

Mar 3, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

When I was a freshman, we had an entire side not just behind the basket! %#$5 in my opinion the woprst seats in the house... I guess I was spoiled as a student.

Good lawd that was silly...

Mar 3, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

First, bad cell phone reception should never even be an issue.

Second, there's only been one home game this year where Clemson lost by more than 10, so where's this "blow- out" thing coming from? Clemson nearly beat UVa, a team that's only lost 1 game in conference, I believe.

Finally, Maryland is/ was a pretty big ACC game. However, very few students showed up. That so few students have been at some of our conference games would seem to contradict your statement that you can't get "good tickets" when you show up (only!) 15 minutes before the game. You're not going to get stuck in the top rafters if nobody else is taking those tickets.

Sad, really sad, but then again the people on this board

Mar 3, 2014, 1:06 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

have a much different set of priorities than you.

1) "after arriving 15 minutes early for the game I have ended up in the top row against the wall" Solution: get there earlier or move down in the student section as there have not been many games with enough students to fill up the section. But even if you don't get a better seat, guess what? YOU WOULD BE THERE!

2)"the motivation to wake up on a Sunday (Yes 1pm for college students does require us to set an alarm from the night before) to watch us struggle with a Maryland team is very little" Solution: wake up earlier. I know this sounds hard, but what it really amounts to is choosing to go to a basketball game over being hammered and up until 4 o'clock the previous night. Sad that this is even a choice (also, aren't you under 21?...)

3)"we never blow anyone out, close games get really annoying" Seriously? You want games to be non-competitive? You don't like the thrill of the battle being close where EVERY SINGLE PLAY MATTERS?

4)"no one drinks for basketball games who've leads to girls not wanting to come and bad cell phone reception" See point 2. Is it really necessary to drink? "who've" are you drinking right now? Why does no alcohol mean bad cell reception? Why do you need reception anyway, they put the stats up on the big screen on occasion?

I'm sure you feel perfectly validated on these reasons for not attending, and that is perfectly fine. You have different priorities from the rest of us, and maybe that is the problem - the student body just has different priorities. Let's list them for you:

1)Being close to the action that they don't really care about being there to see.
2)Sleeping in after getting hammered the night before - until the middle of the afternoon.
3)Limiting suspense and thrill - games are too much of a nail-biter and suspenseful.
4)Getting trashed - there is not enough time to get trashed in order to numb the pain of the suspense of priority 3.
5)Girls.
6)Cell phones.

Re: Sad, really sad, but then again the people on this board

Mar 3, 2014, 1:37 PM

You never drank when you were in college? Even if you weren't 21? Or judging by your cranky attitude, I bet the drinking age was 18 for you. I go to all the home games. I love basketball but there is no argument that we are extremely difficult to watch a majority of the game. We have a 8-10 minute span almost every game without a field goal. Just saying..

Re: Sad, really sad, but then again the people on this board

Mar 3, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Sad, really sad, but then again the people on this board ]

First things first the Clemson basketball team is great, but Clemson girls are beautiful and way more fun to look at. And as for the games being close I did not see you on here after the Boston College football game celebrating because it was a close game and fun to watch, which it was. And fyi i was at the maryland game im saying some of the excuses I heard from fellow students when I asked them to come.

You are the problem.

Mar 3, 2014, 1:08 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Tell your nerd friends to have fun sitting in Cooper Library all weekend.

Re: You are the problem.

Mar 3, 2014, 4:08 PM

The kids who care about girls, drinking, cell phone reception and are struggling to wake up on time arnt the kids in Cooper.

I'm embarrassed.....for you, that is***

Mar 3, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Would love to give this kid a squirley

Mar 3, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Possibly even a purple nurple and and Indian sunburn.

Summary of his post:
I couldn't make it to the game because I was trying to get sand out of my mangina, but it was in there deep.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: Would love to give this kid a squirley

Mar 3, 2014, 4:10 PM

I was at the game, im telling the excuses I heard as to why some friends told me they wouldn't go. Ill give you there room number and you can do whatever you want with them.

Tell you what...I was able to get my friends to go to games

Mar 3, 2014, 4:26 PM

Maybe you should get your "friends" to go. If you have to have to apply a few purple nurples or hold a few cell phones hostage...so be it. If that doesn't work I'll try and take care of them the next time I'm in town.

15 minutes early. LOL I camped out for SIX DAYS for Clemson/

Mar 3, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

UNC tickets back when I was in school...taking shifts to go to class/get food and camping out with all the guys at night. Some of my best memories while at Clemson. You're really missing out.

There's something in these hills.

Re: 15 minutes early. LOL I camped out for SIX DAYS for Clemson/

Mar 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

Sounds like plenty of time for whiskey and chicks in tents to meeeee.... I think cell phones work out there too.

OMG...did you really just say that??..

Mar 3, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

What I read is "I am just too d amn lazy to get up after a night of underage drinking, I am entitled to good phone reception because my life depends on it, it is not fun unless we blow someone out (psst....close games are more fun if you would get off of your phone and watch), I can not underage drink for basketball and girls will not come (BS again).

And with all you said...you add "Blow outs at home and bad tickets leads to lack of students." That is contradicting every thing you just said.

Lamest excuses I have ever heard. Do you get up before 1:00 to go to classes?

Wow, that might just about be the whiniest post I've seen.

Mar 3, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

I'm a football season ticket holder who lives 5 hours away. But when I retire in a few years I'm moving close to Clemson so I can get basketball season tickets. Even if I have to set my alarm. Even if there's no cell coverage. Even if I have to sit in the rafters. Even if we don't blow out anyone. Even if all of them are "annoying" close games. Even if I can't drink - wait, I have my limits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 3, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

With so many negative issues why did you even bother to attend the games or much less come to Clemson!!!!

Pics?***

Mar 3, 2014, 2:26 PM

null

Mar 3, 2014, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: As a freshman student ]

Put the students on the first ten rows all the way around the court and you will generate interest. When I was at Clemson, we didn't have the best teams, but we gave Lefty, Dean and all the other coaches a hard time by sitting near their benches. This generates excitement for the players and coaches and also increases ticket sales after you get out of school. If you don't go to games when you are in school, you sure as H### aren't going after you graduate. Why do you think Duke students go to BB games?

Mar 3, 2014, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: As a freshman student ]

Becuase my great grandfather went here, my grandfather went here, my parents went here. And I go to the games to support the tigers and have a great time with all the other students. Im just telling y'all some of the excuses I am given as a student as to why people won't come.

pardon my French.

Mar 4, 2014, 7:32 AM

But you're an #######.

Mar 3, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

YOu actually sit where they put you? The student section is essentially general admission. Every time I'm at a basketball game someone is in our seats so we find some other ones close to the floor. If your seats are in the upper deck then move down to some open space after the tip off. Problem solved. If someone gives you a hard time tell them to get there before the game starts next time or take a hike.

The Clemson freshman

Mar 3, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Look guys I have been to 5 basketball games this year and have not missed a football game since the 9th grade. , Im a die hard Clemson fan, been to everything from football to basketball to baseball to soccer to women's volleyball. Y'all can make fun of me all you want but that's how students feel and those are some of the excuses i've received. Also there are mixers and functions on tuesday/Thursday nights and no offense to the basketball team, but Clemson girls are much more fun to look at. Sorry y'all are so disappointed in the students here. Go Tigers

Keep digging kid

Mar 3, 2014, 3:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

OH DEER LOWERED, not the mixer excuse again

Mar 3, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to The Clemson freshman ]

Any frat that schedules a "mixer" during a home basketball game should be kicked off campus. Wait, no, they should be raided, their cocaine should be confiscated, and then they should be kicked off of campus. Is it so hard to find a basketball schedule. Please to be providing me with the names of these frats / sororities so I can start writing strongly worded letters.

Re: The Clemson freshman

Mar 3, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to The Clemson freshman ]

you are not a diehard fan you need to stop calling yourself that because your actions say otherwise.

null

You are no diehard.***

Mar 4, 2014, 7:29 AM [ in reply to The Clemson freshman ]

Mar 3, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Close games are annoying? Are you fing kidding me?

Holy #### that might be the dumbest thign I have ever heard.

Also we have lost by more than 10 at home ONCE this year. Where are those so called blow outs coming from?

The same place as your pathetic excuses? Out of your ###?

null

Mar 3, 2014, 4:24 PM

I didn't see you happy about barley beating Boston College or NC state in football its the same deal some times you just wanna handily beat a team. And FSU and Virginia we were completely manhandled. But the most discouraging was getting a group of people to watch the games and watching us get destroyed by Pitt and UNC. And I still go to the games and I will be at the final two these arnt my excuses these are fellow students.

Close games are "annoying" — I have now heard it all***

Mar 3, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Student Seating

Mar 3, 2014, 5:09 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

The student seating this year has been really awful for some reason.. I waited for hours outside of LJC to see my first Clemson basketball game when the Tigers beat UNC in 2010 (i think) and we got lower level student tickets. Since then this year against FSU was the first time my friends and I have gotten upper level student tickets. Its AWFUL. Nobody yells or stands really and its not fun. I really hope they fix something, heck the online ticket distribution last year was better whatever they screwed up this year.. The FSU game really turned me off from going to games this year but I'll be at the Miami game tomorrow night.. FYI also the Ain't Pattys Day Festival is this saturday during the Pittsburgh game so don't hold your breath for a packed student section..

Re: Student Seating

Mar 4, 2014, 12:35 AM

Well this is true, but the FSU was the "bribe" game when they gave free things away to students..I was really caught off-guard by the attendance that night..but like I said, bribes!! Its usually handled very well (in my experience at least)

Lol! If I made up a student response that was intended

Mar 3, 2014, 5:33 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

to make fun of students, this is the one I would write! :-D

You can't get up before 1:00!?! Ha ha ha ha!

Close games suck!?!

Your seats aren't good enough!?!

You showed up 15 minutes early!?!

You can't drink!?!

We have lost TWO GAMES at home this season! TWO! And ONE was a blow out.

This post is comical. Just write "We, the students, suck." and move on.

Seriously, I am actually laughing out loud while I write this. What a hilarious post. "How am I supposed to do stuff without drinking?" Faaaaantastic social skills there, Otis.

null

Any way to kick this one out of school

Mar 3, 2014, 5:34 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

and replace him with a man?

Well, here is the answer. We need to seriously revise our

Mar 3, 2014, 6:55 PM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

admissions policy. You can't be for real.

Mar 4, 2014, 12:26 AM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

First ever post here, congrats on pissing me off so much that I decided to answer...really??? The tickets are bad? Then explain how I've been to every game in the last 2 years and never gotten farther back than the second row on the bleachers. You've only been to the big games, showing up 15 minutes early isn't going to cut it. You don't hear me bitching about how I didn't get a lower deck ticket to UGA or FSU games because I didn't camp out for them. How are close games "annoying?" Do you even watch sports? You don't find close games more interesting? There were two exciting football games and yet the students took every ticket for every game and I heard NO ONE complain. You cannot be serious..1 PM requires an alarm? Besides the fact we've only had 2 games start at or before 1, its not that hard to wake up for. Is it so hard for you to wake up at eleven and not even walk to Littlejohn? You can take the Tiger Transit from your on campus housing. I find a way to get to every game and I live off campus. And last year I found a way to get to every game when I had a broken ankle and the Tiger Transit wasn't running. You don't get to drink before a basketball game? Oh wow that must really suck..God forbid you pass up your 10 am cocktail and go support the student athletes who put all their effort out on the court. I'd like to see you give some of these excuses to the face of some of our basketball players.

I'm ashamed to call people like you my classmates. People like you are the problem with our basketball attendance. Maybe if you called your friends and asked them to come instead of sitting around complaining the culture would change, but if the attitude like the one you have continues we'll be lucky to draw 100 students by my senior year.

Cry me a river with all your ######## excuses

Daddy can't get you a front row seat?***

Mar 4, 2014, 12:46 AM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

Mar 4, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to As a freshman student ]

go back to where you came from

How many girls did you take to the games?? The same amount you buy drinks for?

It's not JUST the students...I have been to several games

Mar 3, 2014, 1:02 PM

this season and the lower bowl/floor seats weren't 3/4 full...Those are not student seats...

Old News But..We Need Some Lights Out Shooters/Scorers --

Mar 3, 2014, 1:04 PM

Weve been a scrappy basketball team as long as I can
recall. With the effort we put in defensively, if we
had some knock'em down burn up some nets type shooters,
we could be blowing some teams out.

Littlejohn looked just that Sunday...little and empty.
Got to find a way to win consistently if we are going
to play that scrappy....plus try to recruit some players
that will open it up offensively. That will put more
bodies in the seats and have Littlejohn being a feared
place once again to where the idea can be flirted with,
to call it Bigjohn or Loudjohn.

2 Problems

Mar 3, 2014, 1:07 PM

1) The student body has changed significantly in the last 5 to 7 years. They care way more about studying than going to a sporting event. When we were at Clemson, Purnell had just gotten there and we SUCKED, but we did not miss a game. Thanks to Barker, we are a prestigious University that has way more nerds than ever. My dad works on campus and says he sees students playing with foam weapons on Bowman all the time...where the heck are the frisbees???

2) Many departments have testing during game times. The school needs to get on the same page so that students can always attend games.

Let's be honest, the school hasn't changed that much.

Mar 3, 2014, 1:09 PM

And I have only heard of one time where a general exam actually conflicted with a gametime.

Very few classes have evening exams, usually relegated to general engineering, physics 101, chem 101, and other very huge standardized classes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I doubt the SAT scores have gone up that much from 2003

Mar 3, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to 2 Problems ]

Even so, they're lower than at a school like UVa, and they get better attendance than we do despite being one of the worst teams in the league for a few years. I actually think that it's not so much that Clemson is bringing in nerdier kids, it's just that "nerdy" is becoming cooler with the kids while masculine stuff is seen as stupid.

Think about this: when we were little, baseball cards were huge, and we were all stat junkies because we needed to know which years were the best for certain players to get an idea of which card was worth more. Now, I don't think kids would even get the point. They're far more connected to computers and screens, and they're more interested in sending random selfies over snapchat.

You just don't understand Pokeman cards

Mar 3, 2014, 2:05 PM

Seriously, my wife's little brother had a whole group of kids that collected those things like they were going to make them rich one day. Kid could have been a great athlete, but was so self absorbed he couldn't handle a coach even suggesting he was doing something wrong. I've never seen someone whine and cry as much as this kid...and yes, he is 23 and is currently living in his parents basement and sees nothing wrong with this.

Re: You just don't understand Pokeman cards

Mar 4, 2014, 10:01 AM

Hey he's only 23

The "changed student body" argument

Mar 3, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to 2 Problems ]

Has been made on Tigernet since I signed up ten years ago. Clemson's admission standards have been pretty consistent IIRC for many years. I really don't think there was such a massive influx of "nerds" in an extremely short period of time that a complete culture change has occurred since Purnell left

Also, it's not like every game of the Purnell tenure was packed out. There were many bad showings of the students then too, which people complained about on Tigernet coincidentally. However, I do think it is alarming that we can't get more than a few students out to a late season ACC game when we are having a good season.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a students point of view

Mar 3, 2014, 1:12 PM

I have a lot of friends that are fans of the sport but don't go to games. They are too quick to write off our team. Some people just expect us to be up there with teams like Syracuse and Duke, which with our talent just isn't possible. That being said, nothing is more entertaining than winning, and this team fights for every last one. As a former basketball player I find legitimate basketball entertainment in watching KJ fly and watching our defense move so well. Other kids here expect us to put on a dunk show like the Clippers and that's obviously not going to happen anytime soon, although KJ does provide his own dunk show every game. All in all, I think kids here in general are too lazy to do a little research on this team and take the youth into note and see how much this team has accomplished when everyone said we would do nothing. I go to every single home game, regardless of schedule, and I watch and enjoy the pure defense that brownell's players put on display. Just my two cents

Re: From a students point of view

Mar 3, 2014, 1:26 PM

I was spoiled as a student. The Women's game was before the Men's game so if you got there before by half time of the Women's game you got a good seat about mid court.

LOL....oh for the days of waiting outside for the Fike FH

Mar 3, 2014, 1:17 PM

doors to open 30 minutes before the freshman game to get to sit on a wooden bleacher. Sit 3 or 4 rows behind the opposing team Of course that was the days of the rat system, mandatory football attendance (as if it were needed), and 900+ SAT scores. We loved sports and went to all FB, BB, BB, games and some track and tennis. Graduated and had a "BALL"!

Mar 3, 2014, 1:48 PM

It's the age of technology. Basketball is a second and arguably third tier sport that is obviously not the whole-day activity that football is, and Clemson hasn't never been a national power. And when games are on Sunday afternoon, there's already going to be some students that haven't come back from being home for the weekend. And the others have a choice of going to see a third tier sport that Clemson isn't great at or staying in their apartment/dorm and having it on TV in the background while they take advantage of one of their two weekly free days by being on the internet.

Re:It seems to me that we play better when only a few are

Mar 3, 2014, 1:49 PM

there. Maybe, we should boycott the place.

Mar 3, 2014, 2:16 PM

Complaining on Tigernet is only going to get us so far. Clearly the students responding to this website are the diehard fans and most posting students are at the games. I haven't been to as many games as I have wanted due to having work or class that runs to 8:30-9 pm a few days a week. It's frustrating, but if the students that are going to games hate being called out and the alumni hate seeing empty seats, why don't all parties work together to get this straightened out? Nagging and complaining doesn't do anything but #### people off. By lumping all students in to one group that's what you're doing. I understand that t-shirts and things can't be given away every game to help attendance, it's a money thing and eventually it will add up. But something does have to be done. Television really doesn't help our cause because I believe a lot of students would rather watch on tv because we aren't Duke or Syracuse. 19-10 is a fantastic record for the players we have and the games we have played and I love being at the games.

I am also not quick to write off the Maryland attendance due to a huge number of students waiting in line for USC baseball tickets. That's the biggest OOC baseball game we play all year, so I wasn't surprised at all to see Littlejohn 60% full but the baseball stands completely packed out.

I WAS THERE...from Charleston

Mar 3, 2014, 3:30 PM

I drove from Charleston to go to basketball and baseball. The student section shocked me. I was in Central Spirit in the 80's and our job was to get students to sporting events besides football. There's only so much you can do. Students were very apparent at baseball Sunday. I don't know what the problem is...our basketball team is VERY exciting and students should be there. 10000 seat arena, 17000 student population, we only need 2-3,000 of those students in Littlejohn. Doesn't seem like asking much... We can do better!

Re: I WAS THERE...from Charleston

Mar 4, 2014, 7:56 PM

I am currently an executive in Central Spirit. We have been working with the athletic department to come up with some solutions for student involvement. However Brownell does not seem to be interested in the students. We recently took our spring road trip for Central Spirit to Georgia Tech for the basketball game. We were 40 students strong and knocked the roof off Hank McCamish pavilion. Multiple people complimented us on how loud we were and thanked us for coming. We met the team after the game at the bus and Brownell just completely ignored us. We've tried to get him to come speak and encourage our members and students multiple times and he refuses to respond.

Student Section is just plain sad.***

Mar 3, 2014, 3:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 Clemson basketball players just posted this picture on

Mar 3, 2014, 4:03 PM

their twitter. This is the most pathetic crap I have seen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU FOR THIS STORY. GET INVOLVED FANS!

Mar 3, 2014, 4:46 PM

instead of whining and crying about how bad jack leggett and the baseball team is and how you wonder if Clemson is going to have new helmets this spring, go support a really good basketball team!

Basketball is a big deal in America, not JUST football Clemson! You whine about the team not living up to your expectations but yet you never support them. There should be swarms of Clemson fans following this team and making CLemson relevant in the national eye of college basketball which would make Clemson University an even MORE greater attraction! This basketball team could help Clemson out financially and boost wide varieties of in coming students and support nation wide. Start seeing the big picture Clemson, it is more than just football and complaining about jack leggett.

Mar 3, 2014, 4:50 PM

If nobody went to graduation, maybe it would start to make sense what it is like if people didn't care about their hard work.

Was LJ ever really feared?

Mar 3, 2014, 5:39 PM

part of being "feared" is having a legit team on the floor. Is Cameron Indoor a tough to play because there are ugly chicks and dorks in the stands or because there are 5 McDonalds All Americans on the floor (plus 3 biased refs and a blind clock operator)?

Most of the time our teams have been very average overall. Obviously we are better at home than on the road. LJ has had some stretches of the intimidation factor, and can get real loud for individual games where we are doing well. But its never sustained.

To twist a phrase, home field/court advantage is more about the Jimmy's and Joe's than the drunks and hoe's.

it had a fierce reputation

Mar 3, 2014, 9:11 PM

i just moved to Clemson a few years ago. Growing up in NC and as a student at UNC, i always heard about how tough Littlejohn was...

I know Woody Durham (long time voice of TarHeel sports radio) frequently talked about the intense atmosphere here.

But after coming to games for the last 3 years, i'd have to say the intensity is very rarely there.

You're right in large part - you have to have a quality team on the floor.

But the crowd, and particularly the students, make a huge difference.

Ok, how about LJ has the POTENTIAL to be fierce

Mar 3, 2014, 10:14 PM

basketball, especially a good college game might be the most intense game for the duration. And Littlejohn CAN be a tough place to play with the right combination of a good team, good game and big crowd. But all in all, LJ has never been a place that good teams worried about anymore than any game not played at home.

The Dean Dome doesn't exactly have a reputation of crazy crowds that swing a game with the exception of playing Duke. But I don't think many teams look forward to playing there.

this pic is not fare the baseball team was playing south

Mar 3, 2014, 5:58 PM

Carolina sunday no body would pick basketball over baseball. being inside over outside on a pretty day.come on man

Are you fat...you sound fat

Mar 3, 2014, 6:08 PM

They didn't happen at the same time. If you weren't so busy stuffing your face and tweetering you would know that.

I went to both

Feb 25, 2022, 6:01 PM [ in reply to this pic is not fare the baseball team was playing south ]

why were folks at BTF when the game was still 3 hours away? Were they doing a wet t-shirt contest or something?

What about next year

Mar 3, 2014, 6:09 PM

Can't wait to see how big the student section comes out to represent next year when all the home games will be in Greenville. Y'all think it's bad now wait till next year it'll almost be comical.

If they do what GT did, Party Buses!

Mar 3, 2014, 6:20 PM

I don't have first hand experience but I was told that GT had buses (and boxed dinners/lunches) for students to get to Gwinnett and Phillips Arena when their place went through renovations.

But maybe, just maybe, students will realize how freakin good they have it to be able to walk to ACC basketball with a free ticket. The real world sucks when you know you have to skip out of work early and drive to a game and then not get back home until 11 or later and have to get up the next day. 40 hours + >>>>> "full time student"

Maryland game

Mar 3, 2014, 6:38 PM

For all of you trying to make the argument that the baseball game was after the basketball game and students could go to both that is false. I am a student and went to this basketball game and enjoyed it and then after the game tried to walk over to the baseball game and get tickets and it was already sold out. I made the choice to go to the basketball game instead off arriving early to the baseball game and actually getting a ticket. For most students they would rather see a baseball game vs South Carolina then a basketball game. So yes the student section was god awful for this reason at the Maryland game. However I do believe that more students should go to games. If we weren't having the baseball game on the same day the student section would not have been as abisimal as it was

Re: Maryland game

Mar 3, 2014, 7:32 PM

Its actually not. I went to both they made you wait outside until the top of the second then they let all the students waiting in line in. Mind you lots of people left thinking they could not get a ticket. Fortunately Clemson respects loyalty and let all the students in.

You are really full of it

Mar 3, 2014, 10:30 PM

How about this game.

welcome newbie

Mar 3, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Maryland game ]

You made the right choice. If I could've picked between the two I would've gone just for the hoops game. I'm amazed to see how project players find funny ways of winning games. If Brad gets some of these big recruits on the near horizon the crowds will definitely return.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do notice : this pic is during warmups***

Mar 3, 2014, 9:37 PM

Mar 3, 2014, 10:37 PM

Right on the mark. Students and fans should be EMBARRASSED for not embracing this team.
And then they will whine when Brownell leaves for a program with more support.

Students are only part of it. Season ticket holders are not

Mar 4, 2014, 12:44 AM

showing. I'm in the lower arena and few around me have sat there twice this year. I seem to be surrounded by opposing fans for most games. This is a hard team to watch, PAINFUL to watch, not because of the defense or slow play, its that they seem to lack offensive fundamentals and can't get out of their own way.

Folks, try moving away a few years

Mar 4, 2014, 12:49 AM

I'd do a lot to catch 5-10 Clemson basketball games a year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

I think Clemson's record at home this year, coupled with

Mar 4, 2014, 5:32 AM

their overall record in Littlejohn shows that it is still a difficult place for an opponent to come in and win.

First Sign

Mar 4, 2014, 9:14 AM

Of a failing program is mass marketing to get students and fans to come out to the games. Brownell wants fans....the fans want a team that can score more than 60 points in regulation. Face it, defense MAY win the game, but an exciting offense sells tickets! This Clemson style of basketball just isn't entertaining.

Then why did boring football sell tickets for decades?

Mar 4, 2014, 10:39 AM

Danny Ford, Ken Hatfield, Tommy West, and at times, Tommy Bowden had offenses which were boring and didn't score much. Fans still came, even when we were successful running "boring" offenses. So there must be more to it than that.

Mar 7, 2014, 4:41 PM

As a graduating senior, let me start off by letting you know what I say here is my personal opinion. I have seen Littlejohn when it was the "toughest place to play in America" and I have been to games this year where student turnout is pathetic. I don't like to see the student section virtually empty but I feel that many students are losing interest in basketball. I am one example where I am not a fan of basketball and I only attend a few big games a season. When it comes to Clemson sports, football comes first, all other sports are second. I go to every football game I can (I've been to about 30 of the 35 home games over the past five years). I've been to about 8 basketball and baseball games over that same span. From my perspective, basketball isn't exciting and many other students probably feel the same way I do. I will not waste my time going to a two hour event to "support my classmates" when I can be doing something else more fun. Call me whatever you want, but it isn't a big deal for me to support these guys who are -- for the most part -- only at Clemson because they can play basketball. So if what I say hurts, I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel.

Also, for those of you who are complaining about the students not going to games, look at yourselves. I know some of you are die hard fans who go to most or all of the basketball games in a season. But the non-student seating is generally only about half full, except for the biggest of games. So before you start writing about the students being at fault, remember that you're supposed to attend these games as well.

Current Clemson Student

Mar 7, 2014, 4:42 PM

Gonna try this again with another title...

As a graduating senior, let me start off by letting you know what I say here is my personal opinion. I have seen Littlejohn when it was the "toughest place to play in America" and I have been to games this year where student turnout is pathetic. I don't like to see the student section virtually empty but I feel that many students are losing interest in basketball. I am one example where I am not a fan of basketball and I only attend a few big games a season. When it comes to Clemson sports, football comes first, all other sports are second. I go to every football game I can (I've been to about 30 of the 35 home games over the past five years). I've been to about 8 basketball and baseball games over that same span. From my perspective, basketball isn't exciting and many other students probably feel the same way I do. I will not waste my time going to a two hour event to "support my classmates" when I can be doing something else more fun. Call me whatever you want, but it isn't a big deal for me to support these guys who are -- for the most part -- only at Clemson because they can play basketball. So if what I say hurts, I'm sorry, but that's the way I feel.

Also, for those of you who are complaining about the students not going to games, look at yourselves. I know some of you are die hard fans who go to most or all of the basketball games in a season. But the non-student seating is generally only about half full, except for the biggest of games. So before you start writing about the students being at fault, remember that you're supposed to attend these games as well.

Brah hears ya and thinks that we could use more comments

Mar 7, 2014, 5:26 PM

from the student perspective of this "issue". Although some will disagree, I think that crap opponent game attendance has always been an issue. I also think that the AD needs to do more promotion and updates to build more interest for everyone. So I would ignore like 75% of the comments on this subject such as throat punching, how it was back in the day, if I were only 75 miles from campus etc.

Replies: 148
| visibility 151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic