Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: For Stoudt, the devil is in the details
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

New Story: For Stoudt, the devil is in the details

Feb 27, 2014, 2:41 PM

For Stoudt, the devil is in the details

Spring practice begins at Clemson next week, and all eyes will be on the quarterback battle. How has Cole Stoudt been preparing for this moment? How much did Tajh Boyd help him? Who has he been working with each Saturday? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: For Stoudt, the devil is in the details

Feb 27, 2014, 2:44 PM

Great article. I'm really looking forward to the upcoming QB battle. No matter who wins, I think we are going to be in good hands.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2014, 3:29 PM

A lot of folks believe that a player that waist behind a player most of their college career should be the next man up. And Cole has done the waiting behind Tajh pretty well. But if he isn't hands down better for Clemson for 1 season, then Kelly should start, or we run a two QB system. I just don't see us starting a new QB two years straight when Kelly and Cole both can play through next season. And if Kelly beats out Watson the next year, he will have already a year under his belt. It would be a sad thing for Cole, but I'm about what is best for Clemson and the FB program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: For Stoudt, the devil is in the details ]

It will be hard to take this job from Stoudt. Will be an interesting battle.

It might be good for Cole to sit out one more year.

Feb 27, 2014, 2:52 AM

The lesson he would learn about patience would be invaluable.

huh?***

Feb 27, 2014, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: huh?***

Feb 28, 2014, 1:28 AM

Hello!!! Cole's been in the system for 3 years and his decision making will win us games, Kelly will still get plenty of PT, but we don't need a gun slinger mantality, Kelly will be a great QB for us at some point...bottom line if Kelly wins it in the Spring then he should start, but I don't think he will, don't forget he's coming off a serious injury. Either way play the best QB out of Spring, but Watson needs to redshirt!!!

HELLO!!! Why the rude demeanor towards me?

Feb 28, 2014, 8:43 AM

I was questioning why the guy thinks Cole should sit another year which would end his eligibility....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

If it gets any more patient his career will be over lol

Feb 27, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to It might be good for Cole to sit out one more year. ]

Good idea though !!

^^^No idea that Stoudt is a Senior and Kelly isn't

Feb 27, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to It might be good for Cole to sit out one more year. ]

lol

Re: It might be good for Cole to sit out one more year.

Feb 28, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to It might be good for Cole to sit out one more year. ]

Not funny, he will surprise all of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2014, 2:56 PM

It's your time Cole, I'll be pulling for you!

Cole Stoudt starts....

Feb 27, 2014, 3:11 PM

Then Kelly will transfer!

And Deshaun redshirt! But at least it's awesome that we are in a position to have a quality battle that will ensure the BEST QB is on the field leading our Tigers!!

Can't wait for August!!!

Re: Cole Stoudt starts....

Feb 27, 2014, 3:20 PM

If Kelly is going to pout and go home if he does not get the starting job, do we really want a whiner to be the starting QB?

I expect the best QB to start.... who ever it is and I expect the second best to be ready to play if needed or the opportunity presents itself.

Stoudt/Kelly duo - cool passer and then the swatcat runner!

Feb 27, 2014, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Cole Stoudt starts.... ]

Watson will redshirt, then backup Kelly the next year - all high draft picks

What the heck is a "swatcat"?***

Feb 27, 2014, 10:44 PM

I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish

Feb 27, 2014, 3:35 PM

As far as chad Kelly possibly getting preferential treatment because he runs his mouth.

The best player should play, period. If it's chad, then fine. If not, it should be someone else.

I really hope our program is past the point of capitulating to any one players demands.

Re: I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish

Feb 27, 2014, 3:41 PM

I expect Cole to win the job, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a 2 QB system during the season. Kelly will probably have certain plays designed for him. There is a lot to work with when you have 2 qb's like this, I expect Morris to throw a few new wrinkles in the playbook.

Re: I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish

Feb 27, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish ]

Dabo won't "capitulate".

Trust THAT!!

If perhaps Deshaun comes in and does a "Jameis Winston" on us and impresses Dabo and Chad Morris....HE will start and Kelly/Stoudt will have to get over it.

IF either Kelly or Stoudt prove themselves worthy of starting then they will start! Period!

The COACHES will decide who is the best fit, and we as fans need to sit back and enjoy the battle instead of over-analyzing the $h..t out of everything!

Go Tigers!!

Winston redshirted***

Feb 27, 2014, 4:13 PM

The QB or combination of QBs who coaches feel will

Feb 27, 2014, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish ]

give us the best chance of winning will play. Period.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Who would you have started over Parker?***

Feb 27, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does "Kyle Parker ish" mean? If I remember correctly,

Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM [ in reply to I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish ]

the capitulation would have been starting Willy Korn over Parker because he was the fan favorite. I have seen no evidence of capitulation since Dabo has been head coach. That statement makes no sense to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kyle was great till speared at Auburn game - better than

Feb 27, 2014, 4:53 PM [ in reply to I just hope we don't see some Kyle Parker ish ]

Russell Wilson. Two ribs were cracked and nobody was told till end of year.

Re: Kyle was great till speared at Auburn game - better than

Feb 28, 2014, 12:25 PM

You are right, I saw that hit. It changed his career path to baseball.

I love the comment about leadership.

Feb 27, 2014, 3:41 PM

"I played with 10 guys who wound up in the hall of fame, and they weren't guys who went around screaming. They were superstars, and they set the example for everybody else by working harder than anybody else, day in and day out. Leadership comes from working hard and doing your job the right way. Just be a good teammate and you will have their support. Set the example by working hard and being prepared on Saturday".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree and Stoudt was a phenom in H.S. just like Kelly and

Feb 27, 2014, 4:55 PM

Watson. He deserves to start if he is just as good or better than other two!

Based on what I have observed...

Feb 27, 2014, 4:16 PM

Stoudt seems to have a cooler head about him and at the spring game three years ago (I think) he threw the ball very well while Boyd struggled.

Only downside I see is that Stoudt and Kelly both look like toothpicks compared to Boyd.

All that said, Clemson is very fortunate to have attracted all this QB talent.

Looks like we will have the bigger running backs so QB does

Feb 27, 2014, 4:56 PM

not have to be used as power back, thank goodness!

Re: Looks like we will have the bigger running backs so QB does

Feb 27, 2014, 5:17 PM

That's true and hopefully a bigger, nastier O-line.

Re: Based on what I have observed...

Feb 27, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Based on what I have observed... ]

I'll have to agree with the first response. I think we have all become used to having a bowling ball for a QB with Tajh. Not a lot of QB's are 6-1 and almost 230. However, Cole is TALL. Haha.

Tall so does not have to run as much to spot receivers

Feb 27, 2014, 5:44 PM

Also, calm and collected. I just rewatched the OB and as great as Tajh was, he also made some bad mistakes that gave points and field position to OSU. I think Cole will be a better game manager and with our improving defense that combo is a WINNER. Also, it will be exciting to see Kelly come in as big change of pace QB, and I think he will see a lot of time, really confusing the opposing defense coaches. Watson can grow and mature just as Winston did - and all of this depends on injuries of course, we are blessed to have such talent at QB with such diversity of gifts!

Re: Based on what I have observed...

Feb 27, 2014, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Based on what I have observed... ]

Stoudt looks like a bag of sticks to me. Especially when he's in motion. Kelly has a somewhat more beefy frame and I could see him adding 10 pounds of muscle easily. 6-2 and 220 to 225 is a pretty good target for a mobile QB.

Yes, we do have a lot of talent. Let's hope we keep all of it, except Stoudt of course, going into 2015. Having Kelly and Watson as a duo will be just as good as or better than Boyd and Stoudt.

Just wait

Feb 27, 2014, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Based on what I have observed... ]

till teams are game planning for him.

Cole is very valuable

Feb 27, 2014, 5:02 PM

valuable coming off the bench ;)

Stoudt would have already been starting at a whole lot

Feb 27, 2014, 9:53 PM

of D1 schools. we are fortunate to have so much QB talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Cole World!

Feb 28, 2014, 9:16 AM

Stoudt is going to start against GA. You heard it here 1st.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic