Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Martavis Bryant at the NFL combine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Martavis Bryant at the NFL combine

Feb 22, 2014, 11:22 AM

Photo: Martavis Bryant at the NFL combine

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the biggest wildcards in the draft

Feb 22, 2014, 11:28 AM

Strange mix of seemingly limitless potential and bizarre under-performance in college. Best of luck to you Martavis.

While there is certainly some truth to the underperformance

Feb 22, 2014, 11:49 AM

label, I also think it's a bit unfair as well as inaccurate, as Martavis was blessed/cursed to be a WR at Clemson at the same time as Nuk Hopkins and Sammy Watkins. Can't help but wonder what kind of numbers he could have put up otherwise, or how he would be perceived.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: While there is certainly some truth to the underperformance

Feb 22, 2014, 12:32 PM

Exactly, and that is basically what I just said. Sammy Watins being the go to guy this past season held Martavis's numbers back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While there is certainly some truth to the underperformance

Feb 22, 2014, 11:02 PM

Some team will get more for there money. A diamond in the ruff. He will make some highlight catches for some team. Yes Bryant is still developing. And will get better as time passes.

Re: One of the biggest wildcards in the draft

Feb 22, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest wildcards in the draft ]

IMO, Martavis will be the biggest steal in this years draft. If it wasn't for Sammy, Martavis would have had a monster year. And he would have been the one the scouts were slobbering over. Even behind Sammy, he made some great catches!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt he had stiff competition on his own team

Feb 22, 2014, 12:37 PM

But from reports saying he was arguably the fastest on the team paired with being significantly taller than both Nuk and Sammy I feel it's fair to say he didn't perform as we all may have thought he could. He still was a phenomenal player for us and went out with a bang in the OB. Still wondering why we never just lobbed it up to him more in man-on-man coverage during the year.

If I had a quarter for every time I hollered "Just lob it to

Feb 22, 2014, 3:54 PM

him!" I'd be a wealthy man. Both good points that espn never considered when profiling Sammy- His down year?? Nuk says "Um..hello??" Talh was only allowed one football fwiw.

His day will come.

He didn't underperform in college, there were other WR's...

Feb 22, 2014, 3:34 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest wildcards in the draft ]

on the depth chart. Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, and Jaron Brown being ahead of him on the depth chart limited his playing time his first 2 years. He did have an issue with drops, but the last 2/3rds of this season that wasn't an issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to say he was on his game after the UGA game.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to One of the biggest wildcards in the draft ]

It did take some time for Talh(and coaches I guess) to get comfy enough to go to him more, especially in crucial plays. I worried he would never turn the corner but thankful for him he finally did. OB game- wow.

Re: FB Update: Photo: Martavis Bryant at the NFL combine

Feb 22, 2014, 12:46 PM

Time to change that 6'5" stat...he measured out at 6'3.5" at the combine

6'3 and 1/2inch"...

Feb 22, 2014, 3:39 PM

in cleats he is closer to 6'5"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Photo: Martavis Bryant at the NFL combine

Feb 22, 2014, 11:31 PM

I'd like to see him go to Carolina in the 4th round, but he probably won't be there or even when they pick in the 3rd. I feel like someone will reach for him in the 2nd.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic