Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN: Clemson or FSU for best front?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN: Clemson or FSU for best front?

Feb 20, 2014, 9:24 AM

ESPN: Clemson or FSU for best front?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally. Been waiting for this for YEARS.***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:21 AM

Check out the FB comments on the article***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:28 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out the FB comments on the article***

Feb 20, 2014, 10:29 AM

All FSU fans. They are so arrogant. One guy predicts 70-0 win. I really want to curb stomp them like the niche brothers do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2014, 11:28 AM

That FSU fan's comment is similar to comments made by some Clemson fans before last year's game. It's easy to confuse passion with arrogance when it's not your fanbase.

Feb 20, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Check out the FB comments on the article*** ]

That particular FSU fan's comment is similar to comments made by some Clemson fans before last year's game. It's easy to confuse passion with arrogance when it's not your fanbase. Sep 20th will be the biggest ACC game of the year for both Clemson and FSU, which is the reason for the article and countless others which will lead up to the game.

Feb 20, 2014, 12:12 PM

I must have missed all the fans predicting 70 point blowouts for Clemson last year.

They seem to have forgotten

Feb 20, 2014, 10:36 AM

The DLs didn't play each other last year. They are comparing them against each other. Interesting that FSU was the only team to shut our pass rush down and that I saw more uncalled holds in that game than I did all season.

FSCoot

Feb 20, 2014, 11:30 AM

Nobody disagrees with your assertion of ignorance in the Criminole fanbase.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Was it coincidence that after the first holding call

Feb 20, 2014, 11:36 AM

We got to Jameis and stopped a drive dead in its tracks? Either way I thanked the overlords K. Benjamin declared for the draft. We didn't and still don't have anyone that could cover him. If we want to win the game this year we will have to take a page from the ball control book and run the rock.

Re: Was it coincidence that after the first holding call

Feb 20, 2014, 1:29 PM

Robinson had perfect coverage on his first TD but forgot to turn his head ---- something we've seen on probably 15 big plays given up by our DBs over the last three years. Hopefully the lingering effects of Harbison's position coaching will go away soon.

Benjamin is still a beast, but it's easier to pluck that ball out of the air when the man covering you is late reacting to it.

And when you're 6'5 with a huge vertical***

Feb 20, 2014, 1:30 PM

Clemson

Re: FB Update: ESPN: Clemson or FSU for best front?

Feb 20, 2014, 1:26 PM

It's not just the talent and the depth, but every player we have has a skillset that the guy behind him/next to him doesn't. BV has to be licking his chops.

Lawson, for example, is more disruptive in the run game at the POA than Beasley at times and (IMO) is a more skilled pass rusher than Crawford, so you've got a lot of flexibility in your pass down packages.

Reader and Jarrett are a brick wall in the run game in the middle, and Watson has shown he can get penetration from the 3-technique spot. Watkins was also purported to be more of a Warren Sapp-type penetrator before his injury.

I like how we can basically shuffle 8 guys around and give a different look whenever we want.

And that's not even talking about the packages where Vic stands up in a Joker role ---- a deal I'm certain he's made with BV as part of his coming back so that he can show NFL scouts that he can play in space in a LB role.

And a perfectly throw ball = no defense

Feb 20, 2014, 1:36 PM

Benjamin was clearly Winston's blanket. As the 15 TDs showed. It will be a tough game this time around but I think it will be much closer. We focus on Winston and how well FSU reloads but the have some key people they need to replace this year. Other than JW most of their best players won't return.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic