Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

BKB Update: CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances

Feb 19, 2014, 12:26 PM

CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBSSports Bracketologist - what a dolt

Feb 19, 2014, 12:29 PM

whining about games we havent even played yet. an idiot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's pretty spot-on...maybe win4-5 but MUST win a tournament***

Feb 19, 2014, 12:31 PM

Re: he's pretty spot-on...maybe win4-5 but MUST win a tournament***

Feb 19, 2014, 10:10 PM

Agreed. But 4-1( like u said ) would give us 5th place and a bye in second round of ACC tournament. I think I've got that right. They've changed the format this year.

He's right...Clemson needs to win out to have a chance.***

Feb 19, 2014, 12:32 PM

If they win out they are national champions***

Feb 19, 2014, 12:41 PM

Non-conference portion of the season wasn't good enough.

Feb 19, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to He's right...Clemson needs to win out to have a chance.*** ]

Clemson has probably the 11th best non-conference resume in the ACC. Lost to the only two decent teams they played, and also dropped one to Auburn.

they also had all the decent opponents on the road

Feb 19, 2014, 12:43 PM

the home schedule was nothing but cupcakes. And they weren't part of the ACC/Big 10 challenge which still pisses me off. They had Maryland play in it. . . MARYLAND!!!

And their best non-conference opponent wasn't scheduled.

Feb 19, 2014, 12:44 PM

They played UMass in the final of the Charleston tournament. Best opponent Clemson scheduled was Arkansas, who is 5-7 in the SEC.

Its absurd to need to go 12-6 in the ACC to have a chance.

Feb 19, 2014, 12:44 PM [ in reply to He's right...Clemson needs to win out to have a chance.*** ]

12-6 ACC should be in easy.

Not when your only really quality wins are

Feb 19, 2014, 12:47 PM

Home wins against Duke and Pitt...road win against FSU seemed nice at the time, but the Seminoles have bombed.

Clemson is currently 1-5 against teams going to the tourney.***

Feb 19, 2014, 12:48 PM

based on what?

Feb 19, 2014, 1:39 PM

Hairy Palm has Coastal and Davidson in the first round.

Oh, I was talking about teams that would get an at-large.

Feb 19, 2014, 2:22 PM

You have a good point...didn't think about auto bids. Davidson and Coastal aren't particularly good, though.

did I miss the selection show?***

Feb 19, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Clemson is currently 1-5 against teams going to the tourney.*** ]

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

That is incorrect

Feb 19, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to He's right...Clemson needs to win out to have a chance.*** ]

We can lose the rest of our regular season games, then win the ACC Tournament and have an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

So that blows up your theory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He's right

Feb 19, 2014, 12:37 PM

He's right. We have to win out. If not win out, we have to make it to the finals of the ACC tourney. Last night was the best we've looked all-around in awhile too

Re: He's right

Feb 20, 2014, 5:00 AM

I agree that we have to win out,but making the finals
of the ACC Tournament;I think if we get to the semi's we will get in.

IF....

Feb 19, 2014, 12:40 PM

we win out, as he says, we WILL WIN the NCAA Tournament!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is full of crap.

Feb 19, 2014, 1:00 PM

Not even in the discussion? We are currently sixth in the ACC. Most people believe that the ACC will get six teams into the NCAA Tournament. So why don't we deserve to be in that conversation at this point?!?

I get that we don't yet have an RPI that makes us a lock, but when we finish no worse than 11-7 in the ACC, and 20-10 overall, there is no way we won't be a strong candidate for an at-large bid. We will also be trending up, finishing wins in 5 of our last 6 ACC games.

I don't think the ACC Tournament makes much of a difference, but winning at least a game there would be nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Who believes the ACC will get six teams in?

Feb 19, 2014, 1:02 PM

I haven't seen any recent predictions with six ACC teams in. There's a solid five, and that's it.

Cory Alexander said so last night during our game.

Feb 19, 2014, 1:05 PM

He has just as much credibility as these guys who do "bracketology" articles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK...I don't know who that is.

Feb 19, 2014, 1:09 PM

You made it sound like some kind of consensus. I haven't seen anywhere on the internet that Clemson is any more than a fringe candidate. If they win out, they would be in the bubble conversation. That's a big if, with two road games on the horizon and then Pitt. (Clemson is 3-6 on the road, with 2 of those wins being BC and VT.)

Re: OK...I don't know who that is.- He is the bozo

Feb 19, 2014, 1:36 PM

who did last night's game. he isnt real with it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have seen several predictions saying that the ACC gets six

Feb 19, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to OK...I don't know who that is. ]

teams. With the league having 15 teams now, including Syracuse, Duke, UNC, Virginia, Pitt, etc., the idea of the league getting six teams in the tournament is not far-fetched at all.

We have been in the bubble conversation for a while now, according to just about everyone I've read except for Jerry Palm. He is the first one who says that we are not in the conversation right now. Losing those three games in a row certainly hurt us, but to suggest that we have to go undefeated the rest of the year just to barely be a bubble team is ludicrous.

It's not that it's far-fetched for a 15-team league to get 6

Feb 19, 2014, 2:25 PM

It's that this year there aren't (right now) 6 teams with good tourney resumes. Clemson has very little chance unless they can get their RPI into the low 50s. That's a long ways off.

Used to be being above .500 in league play and 20 wins was

Feb 19, 2014, 1:08 PM

all you needed.

Yeah, and that was before the ACC added half the

Feb 19, 2014, 3:43 PM

Big East.

Way to go Swoffie, looks like the hype machine rejected your basketball league creed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So here's a question... do we want to

Feb 19, 2014, 1:11 PM

finish in the top 6 in the ACC and get a first round bye, then fave a tougher opponent in the 2nd round? Or.... do we want to finish 7th, beat the last place team in the ACC (tack on another ACC win) and roll into the 2nd round with some more confidence and momentum.... and a better feel for the arena and how the rims play (effectively putting the first game jitters behind us so we won't have to experience them in the first half of our 2nd round game, and it be too late to make up the deficit caused as a result)?

Clemson can't afford to lose a game, so...

Feb 19, 2014, 1:14 PM

Obviously, they need to finish 6th or better.

I think it's a fair assesment ...

Feb 19, 2014, 1:18 PM

a few bounces go our way and a healthy Nnoko last weekend ... and we'd be in much better shape.

But they didn't and he wasn't, and it remain for us to prove we belong.

My personal feeling ... after the loss to Virginia, the Tigers can have one more loss before selection Sunday if we wish to go dancing. And it had better be after the first round of the ACC tourney if we want to feel at all comfortable.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, if we'd had healthy Nnoko we knock off UVA***

Feb 19, 2014, 4:34 PM

Times have certainly changed... 5 Teams from the ACC?

Feb 19, 2014, 2:19 PM

With the possibility of adding us as a 6th.... IF we win out in the regular season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BKB Update: CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances

Feb 19, 2014, 2:21 PM

Hard to believe a team with winning ACC record can't get into the NCAA's. There have been ACC teams at 7-9 get in.

It is different now...lot of fluff in the expanded ACC.

Feb 19, 2014, 2:23 PM

Not as hard to get to .500 when VT, BC, Miami, etc. are in it.

We were 7-9 in two of our three NCAA seasons under Barnes

Feb 19, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: BKB Update: CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances ]

And in the other, we were 9-7. It's crazy how we are expected to go 12-6 in this, a good ACC, just to be considered a bubble team. I don't think the ACC was better then than it is now, but the perception then was that it was a strong conference.

There is such an emphasis on RPI now, plus the mid-majors get a lot of credit now which is in contrast to how it was in the 90s.

To be fair, the ACC was a lot better in those days too

Feb 19, 2014, 4:36 PM

The ACC is just pretty weak right now. The top 5 teams are good, the rest pretty much arent. The middle of the ACC is deserving of NIT bids and will make good NIT teams.

Cliffnotes version: "Snowflake's chance in ####"***

Feb 19, 2014, 3:04 PM

null

Did I miss something? When did we lose to Miami, GT, or

Feb 19, 2014, 3:31 PM

Wake?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said 'potential' bad losses.

Feb 19, 2014, 8:57 PM

That is, if we lose to any of those, we're done.

Re: Did I miss something? When did we lose to Miami, GT, or

Feb 19, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Did I miss something? When did we lose to Miami, GT, or ]

Who'd we split with ? Fl St?

Before the season

Feb 19, 2014, 5:31 PM

I said, geez...give me some sort of post season play.
Show me the team is moving forward..I'd be happy with
the NIT.

Re: BKB Update: CBSSports Bracketologist breaks down Clemson's NCAA chances

Feb 19, 2014, 5:44 PM

This is ludicrous. I say 4/5 wins in the remaining games and one ACC tournament win and I would feel good about our chances. So, basically, 2 losses max the rest of the way and we're good.

Dumb & Dumber: So you mean we have a chance?

Feb 19, 2014, 8:54 PM

I like the improvement and effort the team showed this year. They will not make the tourney.

Well one thing here bothers me

Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 PM

"They got a bunch of potential bad losses on the schedule - Georgia Tech, Wake, Miami. They are already have two bad losses and they really don't want anymore."

He acts like these games can ONLY hurt us. Wins mean nothing, losses kill your chance at the NCAAs. That's a stupid way of looking at things IMO.

Stupid Ark, Auburn and Nortre Dame games.***

Feb 19, 2014, 10:20 PM

Terrible thing to say,

Feb 19, 2014, 10:21 PM

But it would help us more to go to NIT.

Bah. Just win the ACC tournament and the point is moot.***

Feb 20, 2014, 7:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic