Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Post-Signing Day Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Post-Signing Day Top 25

Feb 19, 2014, 2:56 PM

Clemson ranked in Post-Signing Day Top 25

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quit trying to make Ole Miss happen

Feb 19, 2014, 2:58 PM

nm

You can tell a dumb poll by the number of SEC teams they

Feb 19, 2014, 6:35 PM

sneak into spots 20-25 by default

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not seeing UGA ahead of us

Feb 19, 2014, 3:05 PM

They may beat us, but how many times will the media fall for this UGA hype?

Re: Not seeing UGA ahead of us

Feb 20, 2014, 10:03 AM

UGA is reurning a solid team.....including 15 redshirted freshmen. Defensively we lost 2, def. end Smith and JHC who was dismissed this week. Offensively, we must replace both guards, the left tackle, TE and of course Murray. We also return our kicker in Marshall Morgan who ranked in the nation's top 5.

Clemson has some holes to fill after their most productive offensive players of 2013 departed. Dabo has plenty of talent to choose from but inexperience abounds. Wr's Humphries, (41), Hopper (23) and Williams (20) gives the Tigers a firm foundation to buld upon. TE should be a strength, as well as the defensive line. Most importantly Morris must find Boyd's successor. Lakip takes over the kicking duties after two years on the bench with one career fg.

UGA completely rebuilt their defensive staff starting with the hiring of FSU's J. Pruitt as DC. Tracy Rocker the 1988 Outland Trophy and Lombardi Award winner is a veteran of several SEC staffs steps in to coach the dline.

Ohio state 2? Notre dame in the top 25? What the helll

Feb 19, 2014, 3:18 PM

If anything Michigan state should be up there. I don't see why the helll bama is in the top 5 either. They lost the two tough games they had and pretty well got dominated by Oklahoma. That's how they ensure bama goes back to the playoffs schedule them high as possible then give them a schedule of pansies. I'm sure auburn or Oklahoma doesn't appreciate the bammers being ranked ahead of them, especially Oklahoma, if anything it should be auburn Oklahoma then bama somewhere down the line.

I don't see what's wrong with Notre Dame in the Top 25...

Feb 19, 2014, 4:55 PM

They finished 9-4, 20th in the AP, and 24th in the Coaches Poll this year. They're also getting Everrett Golson back at QB, who's much better than Rees.

ND will ultimately fail due to an incredibly difficult schedule (they play Michigan, Stanford, UNC, FSU, Arizona State, Northwestern, Louisville, and USC), but they are deserving of preseason top-25.

Are you kidding

Feb 19, 2014, 3:33 PM

Putting Bama at #3 probably felt like drawing blood for them. But don't worry these rankings will have no bearing on the CFB playoff committee.

Ohio State 2?!? WTH, Top 10 maybe, but 2????

Feb 19, 2014, 4:02 PM

I just don't see that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ohio State 2?!? WTH, Top 10 maybe, but 2????

Feb 19, 2014, 9:46 PM

Let them be #2. Makes us look even MORE impressive!

What people need to realize

Feb 19, 2014, 5:27 PM

is that some areas of the 014 team might take a step
back, but several other areas will be improved. Meaning,
the 2014 team COULD be just as good.

I predict slightly lower scoring games

Feb 19, 2014, 6:22 PM

by both teams for our games

Clemson

Our defense

Feb 19, 2014, 9:28 PM

Will be an overall top 10 show stopper this season. Our front 7 is going to be better overall , and considering our ranking last season that is saying a lot.
Offensively I expect some fall off...but not as much as the avg "expert" predicts. Our recruiting under Dabo has been stellar , and as much as I hate cliches ...we are now in reload mode. Whoever takes the snaps will be safe with the ball , I think our running backs will be an improvement albeit younger at the position...and our o-line will be better (praying for an injury free spring!). Our WR corps, even the youn guns will be a matchup nightmare from the git-go. I believe after we dominate UGa in Athens in the opener we will be top 10 going to Tally .Win that toughy and the world is our oyster brothers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Secondary will really need to step up. The front 7 can only

Feb 20, 2014, 6:53 AM

hide them for so long.

Re: Our defense

Feb 20, 2014, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Our defense ]

Seriously, UGA is known for lack-luster starts and we may lose this game but to even speculate that CU will dominate on the road in Athens with all their incertainties on the offensive side of the ball where many will be starting their 1st career games is bit much but carry on.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic