Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Boyd talks NFL Combine, Deshaun Watson, and Clemson QB battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Boyd talks NFL Combine, Deshaun Watson, and Clemson QB battle

Feb 19, 2014, 9:45 AM

Boyd talks NFL Combine, Deshaun Watson, and Clemson QB battle

TigerNet recently caught up with Tajh Boyd at the College All Star Game and he discussed his preparations for the NFL Combine, his thoughts on true freshman QB Deshaun Watson and made a prediction on who will start the Georgia game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole

Feb 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

Sounds like Tajh is expecting Stoudt to be the guy. He looked good in his opportunities last year and his experience does give him an advantage in those early games. With us wanting to get the running game going I don't think their will be a drop off in the O

The ideal plan is to

Feb 19, 2014, 3:35 PM

redshirt Watson so he has a year to develop like Winston did at FSU. I think Cole will be the starter. But when the competition starts in the spring who knows. The coaches will make the right call.

He's right. Experience will be key for the opener.

Feb 19, 2014, 10:14 AM

Which makes many of us think he's saying Stoudt will start. But I think it's just as likely that both Stoudt and Kelly see play time, with Stoudt starting. I wouldn't be surprised if UGA is the test game where Morris does some QB subs and works a strategy to see how it plays out. I keep saying - unless Stoudt proves he can be nearly flawless and a solid leader, there is nothing lost by NOT letting him work through kinks like you might a QB who is around for 2 or 3 more years.

Stoudt will start and the accolades begin after Georgia....***

Feb 19, 2014, 10:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Boyd talks NFL Combine, Deshaun Watson, and Clemson QB battle

Feb 19, 2014, 10:24 AM

Tajh said Houston is showing interest in him. If Houston takes Sammy on the first pick, then Tajh in the 3rd or 4th, I might just start watching the NFL.

Sammy Nuk and Tajh. That would be crazy***

Feb 19, 2014, 10:27 AM

That would be great, but I don't see them picking Sammy 1st

Feb 19, 2014, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Boyd talks NFL Combine, Deshaun Watson, and Clemson QB battle ]

They don't need him as much as they need a QB, honestly. Now, if they traded down for whatever reason to picks 5-10, it COULD happen

Clemson

I think chad kelly gets the start. And I also believe chad

Feb 19, 2014, 11:45 AM

Kelly will curb stomp the coots in Death Valley this year, I know its early but I really think it will happen. Hope I'm right and I'm ready to get behind whoever is behind center at the beginning of the year, can't wait to see what we look like this year. It's going to be another painfully long offseason again.

Experience?

Feb 19, 2014, 2:20 PM

Cole has 3 years in Chad's system to Kelly's 2. Not much of advantage there. The better man will win but I hope the man with more experience handing the ball to the RB will win.

Experience blah blah blah....

Feb 19, 2014, 3:11 PM

There has been this status quo at Clemson forever...in the NCAA game today it has been proven that the old way of thinking needs to be thrown in the trash. As a loyal CU supporter, no offense to Cole Stoudt, we need Chad or DeShaun to lead the team. Cole may know the play book better, but he is not the QB to run the HUNH style. Time to throw tradition of experience out the window- Go Tigers!

This ^^

Feb 19, 2014, 3:23 PM

Chad or deshaun will flourish in our type of offense. I think cole stays a consistent back up, it's nice to have a guy who can perform relatively well if one of your starters goes down. I want deshaun to play so bad but I realize he would benefit from a redshirt year. Still, it's gonna be fun to watch chad kelly, he's a faster more elusive connor shaw with a much better arm, I can't wait to give the coots a taste of their own medicine.

Not really status quo for Clemson...

Feb 19, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Experience blah blah blah.... ]

...but if it supports your whining, knock yourself out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

It's Cole's job to LOSE ... Kelly will have to TAKE it and

Feb 19, 2014, 5:22 PM

as much potential as Kelly seems to have, he has really not done anything (so far) to show that he will automatically un-seat Cole Stoudt.

If Kelly doesn't get hurt last year and lose all that practice time, he may have already overtaken Stoudt. But, he did get hurt and he did lose a lot of ground that he has to make up.

We'll see how things shake out this spring and fall, but I fully expect Cole Stoudt to be the starter in August and for Kelly to push him hard each and every week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's Cole's job to LOSE ... Kelly will have to TAKE it and

Feb 20, 2014, 8:50 AM

IMO, I saw in last year's Spring game, prior to Chad's injury, a much better showing from Chad. His 1st drive was all the way down the field with a TD as the result, blip, blip, blip, and then he got hurt. Cole looked fine when he was in, and so did Scheusler (sp). I think we have capable replacements, and it could be any of the ones in camp. Watson is young, but who knows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jamis Winston

Feb 19, 2014, 5:47 PM

yea, he didn't have exp

and, well...

Re: Jamis Winston

Feb 19, 2014, 11:00 PM

You know, If Deshaun comes out and wins the job, we are going to have some serious issues at QB. Cole graduates(I guess he will have a 5th year, don't know), Kelly would quite possibly transfer. Uhhhh, who is the backup then? The kid from Grayson?

QB would definitely become a serious issue

But Winston did redshirt... as Watson probably should.***

Feb 20, 2014, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Jamis Winston ]

Cole may get the nod b/c if Kelly starts Watson may transfer

Feb 20, 2014, 12:20 PM

It's a prickly situation. From a sentimental standpoint, I'd kinda like to see Stoudt, then, Kelly, and then Watson get their turns, followed by shots in the NFL.

But if Stoudt wins the job next year then Kelly may transfer rather than competing with 5-star Watson for the starting job in 2015.

If Kelly starts, then Stoudt and even Watson may transfer.

If Watson starts, then Stoudt & Kelly may transfer, leaving Clemson with no serviceable backup.

So unless Kelly is clearly superior to Stoudt, I think the coaches would give it to Stoudt.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic