Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN: Clemson with the 4th hottest QB Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

FB Update: ESPN: Clemson with the 4th hottest QB Battle

Feb 19, 2014, 2:17 PM

ESPN: Clemson with the 4th hottest QB Battle

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be Stoudt

Feb 19, 2014, 2:29 PM

It will not be not Stoudt. Bet my paycheck on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It will be Stoudt

Feb 19, 2014, 2:42 PM

CS will get the job IF the RBs are good enough to carry the entire load, the OL is tough enough, and the WRs are performing at a very high level.

If all of those other things don't come to fruition by the UGA game, it will be CK or DW because we will need that extra threat of a QB that can burn you with their feet.

JMO my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the run game

Feb 19, 2014, 2:44 PM

I think the WRs need to be dominate regardless, otherwise stacking the box on us will keep CK and DW contained.

If Cole wants to play, he needs to make sure the RBs and the OL have a great spring

Clemson

Re: I agree with the run game

Feb 19, 2014, 2:47 PM

I was just thinking that if the WRs see a big drop, we should have a run heavy QB anyways.

But I agree that we need the WRs to play at a high level either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'll be fine at running back.

Feb 19, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: It will be Stoudt ]

True freshmen will have to contribute at WR though. Good points, but I still predict 100% chance of Stoudt getting the nod, barring any injuries, Lord forbid.

we'll be fine at RB and WR. Stoudt will win the job but we

Feb 20, 2014, 6:23 AM

will se a healthy dose of Kelly and that will make our offense more diversified.

SWAG***

Feb 19, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to It will be Stoudt ]

He is hot.***

Feb 19, 2014, 2:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No seducing him; he has to stay focused***

Feb 19, 2014, 2:38 PM

It will be Cole Stoudt***

Feb 19, 2014, 2:43 PM

Guaranteed!

Re: It will be Cole Stoudt***

Feb 19, 2014, 9:53 PM

It is his job to lose. Someone would have to have a CONSIDERABLY BETTER Spring to beat him out. BUT coaches won't be patient with him at all if he struggles in regular season.

lighten up Francis......I hope you're a chic!!!***

Feb 20, 2014, 6:24 AM [ in reply to He is hot.*** ]

QB Battle

Feb 19, 2014, 3:04 PM

I agree with everyone about stoudt gettin the nod as the starter come opening spring practice, fall camp, and Georgia. I believe his knowledge for the the chads system helps a little bit but then again chad swag kelley should be right there with him as far as knowing the playbook, if stoudt can put on some good weight maybe 10 lbs or so and work on his running just a tad he could lead us to a #### good season, pending on our line and running backs as stated above but then again I wouldnt be surprised if we see chad play some snaps in the Georgia game just so morris can get an idea of whos more comfortable in live play but as far as everyone on here thats said that watson should most certainly redshirt ur out of your mind, why waste a year of eligibility when he would either be 1st 2nd or 3rd string and if hes as good as we hope will be gone in 3 yrs, unless he stays for his degree of course, but why not just not redshirt him and when were up by 28 points let him get some live game experience! I mean what happens if god forbid Cole were to get injured?? We need deshaun watson whether he starts or is 3rd string!! This could very well be the year for clemson and nobody knows and there's no pressure for us!! With that said GO ###### TIGERS!!!! #ALLIN or #NOTIN

Re: QB Battle

Feb 19, 2014, 4:38 PM

Holy run-on sentence, Batman!!

STOUDT in a landslide--Watson is the future, but how soon?

Feb 19, 2014, 3:31 PM

The issue is going to come if "SWAG" gets pushed to #3 & has to carry the clipboard again. He's already gone whining about PT when McElveen got a "Thank You" appearance last year versus the Citadel. If D-Wat is as good as advertised, you'll see Chad Kelly leading the transfer line...problem is he's going to run out of eligibility if he does with 4 to play 5 after red-shirting and then sitting out a transfer year. There will be drama, but I hope it stays in the locker room. The best scenario is if Watson redshirts, Swag gets some meaningful backup experience this year and starts 2 with Watson getting the same backup time next year and getting to start for 3 years.

this is where a coach earns his money, he has to manage his

Feb 20, 2014, 6:26 AM

personel. We need Kelly (at least for this year). I have no problem starting Stoudt and mixing in Kelly and letting Watson take over for three years after that.

Re: this is where a coach earns his money, he has to manage his

Feb 20, 2014, 10:42 AM

i got no problem with Stoudt starting this year with kelly and/or watson as backup and kelly or watson starting next year with the other being the backup.... i just want best QB to start.... I want a good QB to start and a good QB ready to play if needed or the opportunity presents itself......

My biggest concern next year is if we will be able to improve our kick off return game. I am OK with Humphries returning puntsm I think he improved quite a bit last year except for the USC game.

Re: STOUDT in a landslide--Watson is the future, but how soon?

Feb 20, 2014, 8:27 AM [ in reply to STOUDT in a landslide--Watson is the future, but how soon? ]

No way Watson is staying in school 5 years if he is as good as advertised.

My money is on Stoudt. Though Dabo is under a lot of

Feb 19, 2014, 3:38 PM

pressure to give Swag the nod. I expect some awkward 2-QB system at the beginning of the year. Chad is just too good on his feet to be the bench.

Stoudt seems like the safe choice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah no way Stoudt is 6'5***

Feb 19, 2014, 3:40 PM

6'3.***

Feb 19, 2014, 9:31 PM

6' 7" with the afro (pompadour)***

Feb 19, 2014, 10:03 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sounds closer

Feb 20, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to 6'3.*** ]

I've stood next to him and if he's taller than me (I'm just over 6'3) it isn't by much.

I guess its bad that I thought this headline was referencing

Feb 19, 2014, 3:45 PM

a "Physical Attractiveness QB battle". I thought it was odd that Travis Haney would be judging. It's time for me to go home for the day, apparently.

Re: FB Update: ESPN: Clemson with the 4th hottest QB Battle

Feb 19, 2014, 4:12 PM

We've never before recruited a QB with DW's production - few others have. It will be interesting to see in fall practice how it's all coming together for him. I believe it's a mistake not to expect big things from him now. I'm optimistic about his chances to start as a true freshman.

If Watson were to clearly win out, we may see two transfers.***

Feb 19, 2014, 8:57 PM

Feb 20, 2014, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: ESPN: Clemson with the 4th hottest QB Battle ]

I think the coaches expect him to compete for the starting position... I think it is a mistake for fans to expect him to start....
I think with our improved D, Stoudt will make fewer mistakes and give us a better chance to win.... but I expect CK and DW to see considerable playing time this season.

Feb 19, 2014, 9:09 PM

It's Coles to lose!

Isn't that the guy from the

Feb 19, 2014, 9:11 PM

Backstreet boys? Wait Wut?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On behalf of hartins, LbB and the other seniors here...

Feb 20, 2014, 11:58 AM

I'd like to apologize for raising the parents of the young folks who think of a sex when they see 'hottest,' and QB in the same subject line. We did our best but we honestly never could have predicted our offspring would be such a failure as parents.

Sincerely
nearly departed and ### glad of it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic