Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney, Brownell ranked #8 ACC Coaching Tandem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney, Brownell ranked #8 ACC Coaching Tandem

Feb 17, 2014, 8:48 AM

Swinney, Brownell ranked #8 ACC Coaching Tandem

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney, Brownell ranked #8 ACC Coaching Tandem

Feb 17, 2014, 9:01 AM

Worthless nonsense as far as Clemson duo...

Wow!!

Feb 17, 2014, 9:08 AM

Coach K really boosts Dook up. And Jim Boeheim really lifts Syracuse up.

Cutclilffe is a great coach***

Feb 17, 2014, 9:16 AM

Re: Cutclilffe is a great coach***

Feb 17, 2014, 11:25 AM

Personally IMO, I can't vision Cutclilffe as a great coach, maybe good. Also IMO, great coaches aren't coaching FB at Duke, just saying. Oh, and nothing personal toward you or your comment, just the adjective, Great!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell is the 5th best coach in the league...

Feb 17, 2014, 9:11 AM

behind Boeheim, Kryaeihelsdtheissierski, Pitino, and Tony Bennett.

thats my opinion

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie will not like you leaving Roy out

Feb 17, 2014, 9:19 AM

And which ACC team does Pitino coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Roy is not a very good coach

Feb 17, 2014, 9:20 AM

He does very little with the studs UNC recruits

i might be alone, but i hope drad hires

Feb 17, 2014, 9:22 AM

a not very good coach to win championships at clemson.

fingers crossed...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's more to being a coach than just the gameday

Feb 17, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Roy is not a very good coach ]

coaching. I agree Roy isn't a very good game coach, but he's also won 2 national titles, been to 7 FFs, won 15 ACC/Big 12/Big8 regular season titles, and won 6 ACC/Big 12/Big 8 tournament titles.

And don't give that stupid "the school recruits itself" line. There is just way too much evidence that coaches matter ALOT when it comes to recruiting. It's definitely not just the school.

Re: There's more to being a coach than just the gameday

Feb 18, 2014, 1:49 AM

a) MD could not recruit, coach or win at North Carolina

b) Roy Williams tonight became the fastest coach EVER to win 300 games in the ACC. Fastest EVER. That says something.

c) Williams is 718 and 187 all time for a 793 winning percentage. You dont win 700 games by being a lousy coach.

Williams is 300-87 at UNC, the sign of a bad coach.

Only 4 coaches have been to more final fours, only 3 coaches have more NCAA tournament wins.

BB has never even won a NCAA game

For anyone that thinks BB is anywhere CLOSE to Williams is just plain silly. There is ZERO ZERO ZERO comparison at this date.

Re: Brownell is the 5th best coach in the league...

Feb 17, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Brownell is the 5th best coach in the league... ]

I hope that opinion is based only towards the talent level they are coaching. IMO, I think that a true comparison could only be made if the talent level with Brownell's team was equal to the 7 coaches they have listed above him. As said in description at times as equal, if Brownell had the exact talent level across the board of top BB coaches. IMO, Brownell's light would be just as bright if not brighter than any coach in the acc, or any other conference. Again IMO, Brownell is coaching far less talent as the coaches listed above him, and he is competing pretty well against them. In another couple of years, we/Clemson, will have a very difficult task at keeping Brownell at Clemson. Check books will open up at much easier schools to recruit at.

To evryone who beats on Brownell I wish you could spend 5

Feb 17, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Brownell is the 5th best coach in the league... ]

mimutes talking to him one on one, afterwards there would be a huge fight to be president of his fan club. You keep bad mouthing him and run him off and we will go through what the dirtpeckers have gone through running off Foggler. Brad is a great coach and well respected in the coaching community. If he leaves coaches will say if Brad can not win there then I am not going to take that chance either. Bad facilities, no fan base, poor attendance use those factors and get a big name in here to coach, Good Luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point, but you still are missing several consonants on K...***

Feb 17, 2014, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Brownell is the 5th best coach in the league... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson duo would be top 3 if we still had OP...

Feb 17, 2014, 9:14 AM

bank.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#8 out of 16? No respect from Athlon***

Feb 17, 2014, 9:36 AM

Tell 'em capon***

Feb 17, 2014, 10:05 AM

you mean #8 out of 14/15, what a usless ranking***

Feb 17, 2014, 10:24 AM [ in reply to #8 out of 16? No respect from Athlon*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2014, 9:49 AM

this list is such a joke. The Louisville thing especially since they arent even in yet. someone has too much time on their hands

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh..

Feb 17, 2014, 10:25 AM

This guy has Louisville at #2 because of Petrino's success there last year. Kind of kills his credibility...

I don't see where it says that at all. Just references his

Feb 17, 2014, 12:21 PM

final season there during his last stint where he won the OB.

Fire our AD***

Feb 17, 2014, 10:32 AM

Top 2 Football coach and Top 5 Basketball coach = #8?

Feb 17, 2014, 11:16 AM

makes sense to me....

Dabo is 2nd, maybe 3rd if Petrino is still as good as he

Feb 17, 2014, 12:27 PM

used to be. Brian Kelly doesn't even coach in the ACC and probably never will, so get ND out of here.

Brownell is definitely further down the list. People that have him 5th are pretty crazy.

K, Petino, Boeheim, and Roy are all HOF coaches. Tony Bennett is an excellent coach that i would take before BB. You could maybe argue for him vs anyone else, but Jamie Dixon has had a lot of good teams at Pitt, and Mike Brey is more decorated as well.

This Athlon article is senseless rubbish.***

Feb 17, 2014, 7:12 PM

Feb 17, 2014, 7:37 PM

I thought it was a good piece on Dabo but think brownell pulled to duo down based on the statements

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino brings NEGATIVE value to Louisville.***

Feb 17, 2014, 8:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8th??

Feb 17, 2014, 8:17 PM

C'mon D-Rad, fire these 2 guys. Athlon knows all.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha what? Off field issues aside he's the best coach in the ACC***

Feb 17, 2014, 8:17 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic