Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Photo: Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw at All-Star Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

FB Update: Photo: Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw at All-Star Bowl

Feb 14, 2014, 7:35 PM

Photo: Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw at All-Star Bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you decide

Feb 14, 2014, 8:02 PM

One is about to make millions in an NFL career...the other one is about to make brake parts in his Georgia hometown. Oops , I slipped a clue in there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: you decide

Feb 15, 2014, 10:23 AM

You're pathetic. But just so you know, Shaw is planning on enlisting in the military if the NFL thing doesn't work out.

You're an imbecile who can't take a joke***

Feb 15, 2014, 11:01 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can respect that, enlisting in the military. With his

Feb 15, 2014, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: you decide ]

degree he'll easily land a slot in OCS. Good for him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just so you know ... This is a CLEMSON sports board.

Feb 15, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: you decide ]

If you don't like it, the FGF bandwagon will let you hop on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

you decide

Feb 14, 2014, 8:02 PM

One is about to make millions in an NFL career...the other one is about to make brake parts in his Georgia hometown. Oops , I slipped a clue in there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: you decide

Feb 14, 2014, 8:11 PM

I hate to say this but I believe you are wrong and I actually believe Connor Shaw will be drafted higher than Boyd. This does not make me a Coot Troll this is me being a realist! Hate me if you want!

Doesn't make you a coot troll, but it shows that you are...

Feb 15, 2014, 11:02 AM

completely clueless when it comes to football. Shaw will be lucky to even get a try out.

Re: Doesn't make you a coot troll, but it shows that you are...

Feb 15, 2014, 12:16 PM

Alright I will explain why I feel the way I do more. Boyd is a great college level QB and works hard to get better and better. He makes some amazing plays and is tough as nails.

BUT the scouts will take into account that he has be surrounded by All American wide receivers his whole career and that he played in the ACC. This year Boyd struggled with accuracy and his deep ball would sail. He has constantly struggled with throwing screen passes into the ground. He has not been able to beat our two biggest regular season opponents each year. He has struggled to keep his poise when the pressure was on in those games. However the last 2 bowl games he has showed who he is and how he can dominate a game.

Shaw played in the SEC and that is pretty much playing in the NFL already if you talk to any ESPN analysts!

It is a bold prediction to say Shaw will go higher and I might change it after I watch the combine but the filth of ESPN will SELL high on Connor Shaw and SELL low on Tajh Boyd! You underestimate the power of the DARK SIDE

But thank you Tigerking79 for insulting my knowledge of football because I have an opinion and a prediction that might be different from your own! Cheers Mate

Message was edited by: Jonnybball22®

Feb 15, 2014, 12:33 PM

i can agree with Johnnyball for the most part, except i think Tajh is an excellent QB & deserves a good draft.
but for the life of me, i can't figure out how he can seem to fluctuate so badly from great to bad when he starts to get rattled.
i hate the clucks, for sure! but i didn't hate C Shaw...that kid earned his respect against us. tough as nails & will to win...he & Boyd share those attributes.

i wonder how Shaw would've performed in our offense & if any games' outcomes would've been any different...? i don't know or care where he gets drafted honestly, but the kid can play!

he earned even more respect from me when he stated his intent on giving himself to the military if he doesn't get pro! that shows he's got guts too. these things make me think that he'd have been a good fit for Clemson (& i hate admitting that!!! so please don't BASH me!).

Go Tigers!

Feb 15, 2014, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't make you a coot troll, but it shows that you are... ]

SEC does not equal NFL.

A joke

Feb 16, 2014, 10:06 PM

We know the SEC is not equal to the NFL but that is what ESPN would have you believe! Dang I am going to have to start putting warnings at the beginning of my post say "There may be a joke you do not get please be warned"

^^^In the same KKK chapter as Shaw.***

Feb 16, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: you decide ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Connor can't make the throws

Feb 14, 2014, 8:13 PM

Tajh has trouble reading defenses. You tell me which one you'd rather coach all other things being equal.

M___ finger?***

Feb 14, 2014, 8:32 PM

What ?

Feb 14, 2014, 9:59 PM

Connor Shaw will not be drafted...he is at best a reach as an unsigned free agent. I think Tajh is gone by the 4th round.
All the talk of Tajh not reading defenses is hysterical. .one does not account for 112 touchdowns in 3 years by being bad at dissecting a defense. Please tell me that was a joke.

DB23

The "not being able to read defenses" line comes from...

Feb 15, 2014, 11:06 AM

Clemson not beating SCU while Tajh was the starter. Those games turn out differently in our favor, and the same fans bashing Tajh would be calling the NFL stupid if he wasn't the overall first selection.

I hate the losses the coots with a passion, but those losses don't diminish the strides we have made over the past few years. It's pathetic that a lot of Clemson fans have become like shamecock fans and make their judgement of Clemson and it's players off of one game.

Except they didn't turn out differently...***

Feb 16, 2014, 2:12 AM

At least Shaw isn't throwing the 5-bomb.

Feb 14, 2014, 10:04 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing, I fully expected that.***

Feb 16, 2014, 2:13 AM

Re: FB Update: Photo: Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw at All-Star Bowl

Feb 14, 2014, 10:12 PM

All I know is he never lost to us, regardless of the circumstances or whether he is drafted doesn't matter to me. Hopefully him and Tajh will both have success in the NFL, but really I don't see either one being starter material. I guess we'll see.

SCAR hasn't put a qb in the NFL since Anthony Wright

Feb 14, 2014, 11:56 PM

And that was about 15 years ago. Prior to that was probably someone from the '70's.

Re: SCAR hasn't put a qb in the NFL since Anthony Wright

Feb 15, 2014, 12:22 AM

It's true that AWright was the last usuck qb to play a down in the nfl, but the ONLY previous usuck Qb TO PLAY an nfl down was dan reeves... But he doesn't count because he NEVER played a down as a Qb... look up his career at usuck and you will see why... HAHA!!!

Re: SCAR hasn't put a qb in the NFL since Anthony Wright

Feb 15, 2014, 2:45 AM

Conner's major hope is as a mobile QB. But he was often hurt in college. He'll stay hurt in the NFL. Someone will give him a chance, but he is sort of fragile.

I might be pathetic ..

Feb 15, 2014, 10:28 AM

But you are not rational. He has an average to below average arm , his accuracy depends on screens and flats passes and he is fragile . I think the kid had a great team around him and was a competitor ...but there is no future for him as an NFL qb.

DB23

Shaw has great heart, but totally lacks the talent to...

Feb 15, 2014, 11:01 AM

play QB even on the practice squad level in the NFL. Best move for him if he wants to make it to the NFL is to switch to receiver.

Re: Shaw has great heart, but totally lacks the talent to...

Feb 15, 2014, 1:06 PM

Not sure how you can make that assessment. The guy has an uncanny ability to win by making things happen.Can throw the deep pass accurately time after time. This opinion comes from a Clemson fan who doesn't like the Gamecocks but sees a player that is underrated as a quarterback

Re: Shaw has great heart, but totally lacks the talent to...

Feb 16, 2014, 7:36 PM

Shaw is a Tim Tebo type of qb as for as playing style on the field. Tebo is a much bigger size qb with great running ability as well. Shaw is a much smaller qb and will have to avoid the vigorous hits from the nfl defenses inorder to have a chance in making in the leaque. As great as a qb as RG3 is, he has to change his playing style for survivual purpose in the nfl.

Re: I might be pathetic ..

Feb 15, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I might be pathetic .. ]

I didn't say he would or would not make it in the NFL. I just think it's pathetic that you'd degrade a man for bettering himself, and more specifically to him, his country.

We had A LOT of screens too.***

Feb 16, 2014, 2:13 AM [ in reply to I might be pathetic .. ]

Feb 15, 2014, 11:23 AM

Connor Shaw is no longer part of the SCar team so I wish him the best, whether he makes it into the NFL or not. He's still enjoying his success against Clemson, to be sure, but he doesn't seem to be acting like a d0uche about it like some of their former players have (*coughToddEllis*). I don't see a need to continue bashing him/tearing him down.

maybe this should go here, since it's not really a reply to

Feb 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

a specific poster...

i think Tajh is an excellent QB & deserves a good draft.
but for the life of me, i can't figure out how he can seem to fluctuate so badly from great to bad when he starts to get rattled.
i hate the clucks, for sure! but i didn't hate C Shaw...that kid earned his respect against us. tough as nails & will to win...he & Boyd share those attributes.

i wonder how Shaw would've performed in our offense & if any games' outcomes would've been any different...? i don't know or care where he gets drafted honestly, but the kid can play!

he earned even more respect from me when he stated his intent on giving himself to the military if he doesn't get pro! that shows he's got guts too. these things make me think that he'd have been a good fit for Clemson (& i hate admitting that!!! so please don't BASH me!).

Go Tigers!

College success means squat

Feb 15, 2014, 1:10 PM

Check out Tim Tebow, arguably the best college QB in history. At best Shaw is a backup qb. I predict he goes undrafted and makes a practice squad

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So let me get this straight-

Feb 16, 2014, 2:15 AM

Connor's college success means squat, but Tajh's does? I think Tajh has a better chance in the NFL, but not because "college success means squat."

Neither guys will do much in the NFL

Feb 15, 2014, 9:43 PM

But they'll be drafted close to each other and can prob be backups for a few years. I've heard analysts go back and forth on which of these goes first. Both good kids

Grover173 has expressed my sentiments: both are fine,

Feb 16, 2014, 5:38 AM

young men, who contributed to their respective teams' successes, and I wish both well, regardless of whether either makes it in the NFL or pursues other careers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2014, 10:11 PM

Shaw willale a nice arena league backup!

Re: Re: FB Update: Photo: Tajh Boyd and Connor Shaw at All-Star Bowl

Feb 16, 2014, 10:12 PM

Will make

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic