Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hood: Saban's whining might change the HUNH
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 51

New Story: Hood: Saban's whining might change the HUNH

Feb 13, 2014, 8:04 PM

Hood: Saban's whining might change the HUNH

Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris is known for his fast offense, but the NCAA is proposing a rule change that would slow down the offense at the beginning of the play clock. Leading the charge is Alabama's Nick Saban. Crystal LoGiudice-USA TODAY Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban the cry baby.***

Feb 13, 2014, 8:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Hood: Saban's whining might change the HUNH

Feb 13, 2014, 8:29 PM

I feel like this is a relevant clip to the situation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9_rkEANwjE

what's up with that list of committee members? Are they

Feb 14, 2014, 10:50 AM

really qualified to determine which direction we go is in the best interest of the game?

Saban is bully. It is not enough to have the most powerful

Feb 13, 2014, 8:32 PM

car in the race, but when other drivers devise good strategy to sometimes beat him, he has to get his sidekick, the NCAA, to let the air out their tires. It smells like crap because it is. Talk about corruption, the NCAA is blatant and has no shame.

My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball

Feb 13, 2014, 8:41 PM

before the 29 second mark of the 40 second clock very often, as that is hard to do even if the gain is only a few yards on a running play. It is almost impossible to get receivers back, set, and snap the ball for a play after an incomplete pass in 10 seconds, or to get the offensive lineman down field, set, and snap the ball in 10 seconds after a pass completion. I don't think the 10 seconds on the 40 second clock changes much. If it was 15 seconds, I would say it does.

However, what I don't get is the 10 seconds would still apply on a 25 second clock setting. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't most if not all 25 second clock runs set after time has been stopped via penalty, timeout and/or change of possession? What benefit is the offense receiving that the defense doessn't have as well in that situation?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball

Feb 14, 2014, 5:59 AM

But the defense doesn't know that they won't snap the ball before 10 seconds. Therefore they have to line up and prepare for a play to be run without substituting, and therein lies the advantage of the HUNH.

Snapping the ball after 10 seconds.....

Feb 14, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball ]

......isn't the real problem, the real problem is the substitution within that 10 sec without the offense doing so. The HUNH is predicated on wearing defenses out toward the 3rd and 4th quarter of the game if they allow the D to substitute without the offense doing so that takes the advantage away from them.....

Agreed on both points

Feb 14, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball ]

it doesn't make sense to have the 10 second rule after a stoppage in play where the defense has the opportunity to substitute.

Even in HUNH offenses very few plays are run within 10 seconds. The outcry from the coaches just highlights how big of an advantage it is to keep the defenses fro substituting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Agreed on both points

Feb 14, 2014, 12:52 PM

The speed of the play is not an advantage.

It is an inadequately conditioned and inadequately coached defense.

If you can't beat them, change the rules!

Read it again guys

Feb 14, 2014, 10:28 AM [ in reply to My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball ]

"Offenses that snap the ball before 29 seconds remain on the play clock would receive a 5-yard delay-of-game penalty. Current rules state that defensive players aren't guaranteed the opportunity to substitute unless the offense first substitutes. Under the proposal, this policy would remain when the play clock starts at 25 seconds"

He's saying the current policy would remain when the play clock starts at 25 seconds.

That's true, but the D will be able to substitute much more

Feb 14, 2014, 10:41 AM [ in reply to My guess is that most HUNH teams do not snap the ball ]

freely if they KNOW they can't snap before 29 seconds on the play clock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama beat TAMU this season 49 - 42***

Feb 13, 2014, 8:45 PM

Re: Alabama beat TAMU this season 49 - 42***

Feb 13, 2014, 8:56 PM

lost to them last season

They won but their defense gave up 42 points...

Feb 14, 2014, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Alabama beat TAMU this season 49 - 42*** ]

the only reason they won that game because aTm's defense was horrendous last season.

Feb 13, 2014, 8:54 PM

Alabama lost to those three teams, giving up 121 total points and an average of 483 yards per game. In Alabama’s 10 other games

20 other games over 2 seasons... i think you meant?

Pardon my lack of PC, but why the Aitch does

Feb 14, 2014, 7:48 AM

a committee concerning rules about football have 7 female members and 4 males (assuming Lynn is not a guy's name). Seems like it would be a little more balanced like everything else seemingly has to be these days, Throwing out the "injury" issue to a bunch of moms is turning football into a new version of powder puff.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stopping it

Feb 13, 2014, 8:55 PM

Some coaches have done an excellent job stopping it. The fast paced offense is a huge risk at times. If you go 3 & out the defense gets no significant rest and the opposing d is well rested. I like the hurry up personally but at times it can have its flaws and be horrible. You dont hear Saban and others mentioning that often.

Excellent points.***

Feb 13, 2014, 8:58 PM

Feb 13, 2014, 8:59 PM

I think the NCAA should set a weight limit of 300 pounds for all athletes on scholarship... This would eliminate more injuries than the proposed changes and the athletes would be in better condition and probably have longer lives.

Refrigerator Perry was under 300 when he played at Clemson.....

Feb 13, 2014, 9:07 PM

The rule puts a double jeopardy on the HUNH offense. The defense can get a 5yd off side penalty. But the offense can get a snap the ball to early penalty in a 40 second play rule. And they can get a false start penalty, and delay of game penalty after they had their first 10 seconds was penalized.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me, it is less about the pace for Saban...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:48 PM

as it is the substitution limitation. He's a guy that loves to switch fronts and groupings like an NFL team would do.

He is free to substitute any time he wants. He just needs

Feb 14, 2014, 10:25 AM

to make his changes quickly if he doesn't want to get caught out of position.

Correct me if I am wrong. But the D is free to sub even if the O does not. It is just that if the O subs they must allow the D to sub.

Saban needs to get his sideline organized and play football.

You're technically correct

Feb 14, 2014, 12:44 PM

but an offense who is quick to the line prevents a team from being able to substitute.

So yes, you have the right to substitute. You just don't have a feasible way to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're technically correct

Feb 14, 2014, 12:55 PM

Actually you do. You coach your team to get their fat ##### off the field as soon as the player is down, and you have your bench running onto the field as soon as the offender hits the ground. Simple as that. If they can't get out there or off the field quick enough, then they need to revisit their conditioning program.

So what is the maximum amount of time

Feb 14, 2014, 1:00 PM

you need to substitute?

about 5-7 seconds if players hustle.

Feb 14, 2014, 2:29 PM

Granted, I never played college ball, but our coaches beat in our heads from pee wee league through high school that you sprint on and off the field.

It takes the officials more than that long to get the ball ready for play.

Saban wants time to sub after he has determined what his defensive call is going to be and considered down an distance.

If it is about fresh players, you have an established rotation and players go in and out automatically while be ball is being spotted and marked ready for play.

From Hurry Up No Huddle to Huddle Up No Hurry!***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:51 PM

I'm not sure anything will come of this to be honest

Feb 13, 2014, 10:00 PM

almost all of the pac 12 all of the big 12 run, and a good bit of schools from other conferences run the HUNH along with a ton of smaller schools. All of them will be lobbying against it and here's the big kicker Nike will probably lobby against it also since oregon has a huge stake in this, while the only people backing the rule is saban and bielema.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Delay of Game?

Feb 13, 2014, 10:01 PM

Why would it be considered delay of game if the offense snaps it early? They are not delaying the game, they are speeding it up. Which is why the cry baby Saban doesn't like it.

Re: Delay of Game?

Feb 13, 2014, 10:05 PM

It just shows how ridiculous the rule is. They can't even find a decent name for the penalty.

This is about substitution not hurry up

Feb 13, 2014, 10:10 PM

Roll tears roll and crew have their panties in a wad because they can't swap out their 330 lb out of shape DT without fear of you snapping the ball. There's no proof that injuries have occurred because of HUNH.

If we're going to do this then why not shorten the quarters. Less football means less injuries right?

No more draw plays please. Players are looking the other way and risk whiplash when they have to quickly turn back to the LOS.

Stop the fake punts. Special teams players aren't ready for it. I don't want to risk them spraining an ankle when they have to react to a player running with the ball instead of running back to setup their blocking lanes.

There might be more injuries, but i seriously doubt there's

Feb 13, 2014, 10:33 PM

a higher risk of injury on any particular play. If you have to defend 90 plays rather than 60 plays the number of opportunities to get injured increases by 50%.

But i really can't imagine a bunch of gassed players that probably aren't hitting as hard as they would be if they were fresh would really increase the chance of injury.

Feb 13, 2014, 10:36 PM

How can someone call a delay of game penalty for snapping the ball in the time allotted? Maybe an illegal procedure but not delay of game...dumb

Seattle has a HUNH defense..

Feb 13, 2014, 10:39 PM

Find multiple guys that play multiple positions. like a corner/weakside LB, or safety/ mid LB. Thats the key to stopping quick strike offenses. It also helps when teams have great communication during defensive series. If you watched the superbowl youll notice Seattle played basically the same defense but by communicating they were able conserve energy during plays. You would see the corners and safeties playing inside on routs while the LBs eyed the QB and the running game. But of course none of this works without good tackling and fundamentals.

it's absurd that we even have to hear about sh!t like this!

Feb 13, 2014, 11:02 PM

it's a bunch of BS that they want to say it causes injuries...show us the proof!?

it's just typical crap like the direction everything is going today in sports & society. take away the extra point, lengthen the time, shoot it from here, don't touch him there...before you know it there won't even be 4 downs, but possessions based on effort & results where both teams end up in a tie!!!

for the ever-loving name of football!!!!!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

I understand David,

Feb 14, 2014, 2:59 AM

I'd probably take the drama queen approach if crump rode me like a borrowed horse too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2014, 3:14 PM

Someone get Nick a box of Tissues. He's crying because he got beat twice by teams that were good at the HUNH. Now he wants to change the rules because they didn't get to Pasadena.

Feb 14, 2014, 5:25 AM

The way I see it, he and all the Bamaturds are scared to death of Malzahn

Feb 14, 2014, 8:35 AM

Did anyone else scratch their head when they saw the membership list? Morris has a system, it works, but it's not SEC-face it. I may have missed the ACC rep please enlighten me. ANyway, it is finally Tiger Baseball time!

"Sucking air isn't an injury"

Feb 14, 2014, 9:00 AM

Tell that to anyone who has ever died from an Asthma attack.

have many d-1 football players do you estimate have asthma ?

Feb 14, 2014, 9:02 AM

get real, 09.

Re: "Sucking air isn't an injury"

Feb 14, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to "Sucking air isn't an injury" ]

null

GEDof09, you know exactly what David Hood meant by that...

Feb 14, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to "Sucking air isn't an injury" ]

Why don't you tell that to some of your team's former players who were force fed steroids by Joe Morrison.

GEDof09 time to remove that quote form you signature...

Feb 14, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to "Sucking air isn't an injury" ]

Sorry but there is nothing to brag about going 7-6 when someone predicts you go 4-8. The fact that you hold onto that quote just shows how little your team has accomplished, even with it's recent success.

Tough critic. a 60% improvement is generally a good thing***

Feb 14, 2014, 10:13 AM

Re: Tough critic. a 60% improvement is generally a good thing***

Feb 14, 2014, 10:19 AM

Classless09 holding onto a quote from years ago. I would run out of sig space if I started quoting you on your BS just in the past week.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

null

Did you have a serious facial expression when you typed that

Feb 14, 2014, 11:00 AM [ in reply to "Sucking air isn't an injury" ]

??????

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Feb 14, 2014, 12:42 PM

Hood just did what people used to do about concussions. Just tough it out.

It's crazy to think that someone clearly out of breath should keep playing and isn't at risk for a serious injury. Especially a 300+ defensive tackle.

Re: Yes

Feb 14, 2014, 12:44 PM

Wow you really are a hypocritical idiot. Do not sit here and act like you give two ##### about these kids after you defend your coaches actions when they oversign year after year.

null

A kid dying is a bit more serious

Feb 14, 2014, 12:45 PM

than losing a scholarship.

Re: A kid dying is a bit more serious

Feb 14, 2014, 12:48 PM

Ah so you only give a #### about them when it benefits your pathetic little hypocritical argument. You are a joke. Classless09 strikes again with hypocrisy.

They are breathing too hard and are that tired then they lay the #### down like they do now. They are then taken off the field.

Or you know the coaches could have them in better shape.

null

So in shape people never get out of breath?

Feb 14, 2014, 12:50 PM

What?

Being out of breathe is healthy. You are being silly.***

Feb 14, 2014, 12:52 PM

I'm guessing you're not a doctor?***

Feb 14, 2014, 12:54 PM

Is your argument that any sport that causes someone to be

Feb 14, 2014, 12:56 PM

out of breath is unsafe?

Clemson

No

Feb 14, 2014, 12:58 PM

My argument is it is idiotic to say that someone short of breath isn't at risk for a serious injury.

Dude, you have stepped off the intellectual cliff here.

Feb 14, 2014, 1:00 PM

Nearly sport ever played is full of people out of breath. You have gone down a very very stupid rabbit hole. Abort.

Actually you should donate so you can delete these posts. Being a coot is way more forgivable than being entirely out of touch with reality.

Yet that happens during practice every day

Feb 14, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to No ]

So do coaches let everyone catch their breath to make sure there isn't a risk?

Clemson

What does this have to do with anything?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:02 PM

Is it dangerous to be short of breath or not?

Haha, NO. It's this thing called "perfectly normal."***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:03 PM

It has to do with being consistent

Feb 14, 2014, 1:04 PM [ in reply to What does this have to do with anything? ]

Are players out of breath during practice or not?

Clemson

Yes a player in a similar circumstance

Feb 14, 2014, 1:06 PM

at practice is equally as likely to be at risk.

Re: Yes a player in a similar circumstance

Feb 14, 2014, 1:07 PM

Oh well #### we should just stop doing any physical activity.

We should all just lay around and become fat ##### that is healthy.

null

Just quit replying if you are going to be ridiculous***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:07 PM

Just tell us your point. In one post, what are you saying?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:09 PM

What is your thesis statement on this issue? What action should be taken and for what reason? Because... you seem to be implying exactly what he said.

Re: Just quit replying if you are going to be ridiculous***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Just quit replying if you are going to be ridiculous*** ]

lol @ you accusing someone of being ridiculous the same guy who is arguing that being out of breath is dangerous.

If you are exercising and are not out of breath then you are NOT exercising. So we all might as well just sit around and become fat #####. That way we dont come in any danger.

Exercising to the point of being out of breath INCREASES your cardio health. That is why it takes more to get you out of breath the more you exercise. You mouth breathing imbecile.

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

So should they eliminate being out of breath at practice?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Yes a player in a similar circumstance ]

If so, then conditioning drills should be eliminated, since they are DESIGNED to increase cardio health. Lifting weights causes sore muscles, but it helps you get stronger.

These people are trying to be in better shape and more skillful at their craft. So if you're in better shape than someone else, it's not fair? Especially if it leads to someone stalling for time, coming off the field, then coming right back on the next play. If you're really at risk for an injury, come out longer than 15 seconds of playing.

Clemson

Go back and read my posts in this thread

Feb 14, 2014, 1:11 PM

I haven't argued they should ban the HUNH because of this.

I just took issue with David Hood proclaiming a kid being out of breath wasn't a health risk.

What in the crap is the point of that?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM

Never being out of breath is more of a health risk.

In fact, people out of breath more often are healthier. Freak accidents happen to everyone. It's better to be healthy (out of breathe often) when the freak accident hits.

Re: Go back and read my posts in this thread

Feb 14, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Go back and read my posts in this thread ]

Here since you refuse to answer the other question answer this one.

When exercising regularly does getting yourself to the point of being out of breath increase your cardio health?

It is a yes or no question.

null

I haven't addressed the HUNH here

Feb 14, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Go back and read my posts in this thread ]

David is saying these players practice their craft, nearly every day, becoming out of breath, tired, and sore. If you are more in shape than someone else, and you become tired and out of breath, the same way they become in practice, why is the NCAA allowing this sport? If you're worried about players being tired and out of breath, how are you able to watch any sport? How would they practice?

Clemson

What are you arguing?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:18 PM

I honestly don't get what you're trying to argue?

Do you mind explaining? At least I know you are trying to be reasonable unlike the other two guys. So i'm trying to understand and not brush you off.

Re: What are you arguing?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:21 PM

someone who makes statement saying being out of breath is unhealthy is calling others unreasonable.....

photo its-always-sunny-charlie-laughing-couch-1.gif

null

That if being out of breath, ever, is a serious risk, then

Feb 14, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to What are you arguing? ]

how are coaches able to get their players to practice and perform in games?

Clemson

Aren't these two separate issues?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:27 PM

I'm not trying to argue that anyone should never get out of breath.I don't believe a single person can play a football game without being out of breath at some point.

However, if you feel that you can't continue because you are out of breath you should stop playing. It isn't healthy to continue if you feel at risk.

Do you disagree?

If you are legitimately concerned, sure. But if that's the

Feb 14, 2014, 1:32 PM

case, there are injury timeouts given, and that player will require longer than a few plays to suddenly be back in playing shape, if they are truly at risk.

Offensive players do not seem to have the same ailments, though they do often go down for big hits. Should the hitting player on defense be removed for a play to ensure he does not actually hurt someone?

Clemson

And I don't think they're two completely diff. issues

Feb 14, 2014, 1:34 PM

The problem is players not feeling well enough to continue, be it in practice or during a game. If those players do sit out, they get training help, medical assessments and tests to make sure there isn't an underlying issue. We can add those if a player wants to come out of a game

Clemson

Re: Aren't these two separate issues?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Aren't these two separate issues? ]

And what under the HUHN is keeping them from doing that/

If you are exhausted to that point then lay down on the turf that is why their are injury time outs.

null

Re: Yes a player in a similar circumstance

Feb 14, 2014, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Yes a player in a similar circumstance ]

being out of breath is not dangerous. Your body compensates by taking in oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide. It can slow you down, but it is not dangerous.

Re: What does this have to do with anything?

Feb 14, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to What does this have to do with anything? ]

yes, it is dangerous. Shortness of breath is a medical condition called dyspnea. If you have shortness of breath, you should not be on a football field.

Out of breath is very different. Its main cause is not being in shape.

Re: No

Feb 14, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to No ]

Being out of breath and shortness of breath are two different things.

After exercise or exertion, you become out of breath. If you have shortness of breath, you have a medical problem and should not even be playing football.

The out of breath increases number of breaths you take per minute. Your lungs are taking in more oxygen and breathing harder helps release the carbon dioxide. However, that can be corrected with the right conditioning. If a defensive player can not go 3 plays without being out of breath, they need to get in better shape. They run more in practice than they ever do in a game.

I'm hoping you are high. Think for a second...

Feb 14, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to I'm guessing you're not a doctor?*** ]

What is a necessary part of improving cardiovascular health? Being out of breathe, on purpose. It's called EXERCISE!!

Seriously, you sound crazy right now.

I seriously think he's trolling...don't see how anyone can

Feb 14, 2014, 5:21 PM

be that dense. This is why we have stereotypes of coots...exhibit A: classless09

Re: So in shape people never get out of breath?

Feb 14, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to So in shape people never get out of breath? ]

Not to the point of dying like you are trying to say.

How many D1 players died during games in the past several years due to the HUHN?

You are full of #### plain and simple.

null

I hope this isn't a serious response

Feb 14, 2014, 12:56 PM

no in shape person has ever died doing physical activity.

Re: I hope this isn't a serious response

Feb 14, 2014, 12:57 PM

Answer the ####### question hypocrite.

When has a D1 player died from the HUHN. That is your argument NOT mine.

Lets not even mention the fact that the 300lb OL seem to be fine with keeping up.

null

I didn't make that argument

Feb 14, 2014, 12:58 PM

quit attributing your made up arguments to me.

Re: I didn't make that argument

Feb 14, 2014, 1:01 PM

A direct ####### quote from you...

"A kid dying is a bit more serious"

Apparently the HUHN kills that is what you basically said that is why it needs to stop because kids can die from it.

Meanwhile you defend a kid being thrown out of school for doing nothing wrong. Meanwhile you celebrate kids like Hampton.

null

That is a better attempt

Feb 14, 2014, 1:03 PM

your last post stated I said someone had died from HUNH.

Are you arguing someone couldn't die from being overexerted?

You could die from literally anything. Moot point.***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:04 PM

Re: That is a better attempt

Feb 14, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to That is a better attempt ]

No answer the ####### question you brought up death in relation to the HUHN not me. You are talking out of your ### again. Hypocrite09 aka Classless09. You dont give a #### about these players unless it fits your pathetic little argument as shown by your defense of Spurrier kicking kids out of school for NO reason.

Please show me ONE D1 player that was killed on the field due to the pace of the HUHN.

null

Classof09

Feb 14, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to That is a better attempt ]

Don't ever argue with an idiot like Classof09, he will always bring you down to his level and then beat you with
his experience !

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get

Feb 14, 2014, 1:48 PM

dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

--George Bernard Shaw

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Football is dangerous. Stop trying to turn it into something

Feb 14, 2014, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Yes ]

else. It's ok for some things to be dangerous.

You are crossing the line from reasonable safety concerns, to downright ridiculous, slippery slope of total safety. Watch golf if you can't stand violence.

They push all these guys harder in practice than they do in games. You want to outlaw sprints? You don't see how ridiculous it is to worry about being out of breath? That's insane.

If that was the case....

Feb 14, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Yes ]

Clowney would be dead.

Oh that's right...he didn't keep playing.

Re: Yes

Feb 14, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Yes ]

Your argument is BS. If the 300 lb OL can be in shape enough than the 300 lb DT can be expected to be in the same shape.

How Sweet! Fresh Meat -Signed Chad Morris

Feb 14, 2014, 9:51 AM

Let Satan and the other Defensive pusscakes have their way. Snap the ball at 1 second after the allowed time the D can sub. Watch how well those subs are set up. It'll be like James Davis, '06 in Tallahassee...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: How Sweet! Fresh Meat -Signed Chad Morris

Feb 14, 2014, 10:35 PM

Know wonder Saban is getting so much support. Is the broad count (7)women to (4)men. Football is played mostly by males and an is considered a male sport. Mothers are always going to protect her sibbing as a mother hen going to protect her chicks at a cost. If little johnny is going to get hurt or injuried for some reason. Then mama, mother, or mother hen is going to come to the rescue with a sympahetic heart more so than a dad or man would. Man view is this is a tough world. Women tends to be more sympahetic than men. Perfect timing for Saban. Taking advantage of a golden opportunity with the odds.

Feb 14, 2014, 10:09 AM

I liked the "Nut Up" comment. 'Nuff said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

60%

Feb 14, 2014, 10:24 AM

Is a great improvement. Hellsh , any improvement by that 120+ year cellar dweller would be seen as an improvement. Now if we could just get that mullet-doed , grease stained tshirt wearing throng of Dirtpecker fans to admit that their football team didn't begin playing in 2009 it would be a 100% improvement. Chitlin slurpin' , ballzac lovin' mouth breathers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Saban is not worried enough about his D's health to

Feb 14, 2014, 10:43 AM

actually use a TO to let them rest or to do substitutions.

So, he's not really THAT concerned about them.

Can They Man Up......I Think Clemson Can Too ----

Feb 14, 2014, 10:54 AM

Change what they want. If we beat it then they will
try to change things up again. If they want to challenge
offenses on things then offenses need to man up and
challenge defenses and beat them on things..... the
very things they think to change on offenses about.

Saban is a crybaby, but this will have zero effect on any

Feb 14, 2014, 12:28 PM

team. How many teams snap the ball in 10 seconds? None. That means you'd be snapping with 30 seconds still showing on the clock. Simply doesn't happen.

Re: Saban is a crybaby, but this will have zero effect on any

Feb 14, 2014, 12:39 PM

except you know for the simple fact that it does.

stupid #### fan.

null

Re: Saban is a crybaby, but this will have zero effect on any

Feb 14, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Saban is a crybaby, but this will have zero effect on any ]

If what you say is true....zero effect,,,then why is Saben whining about it and why is the NCAA proposing a change?

I agree that it should not affect many plays, but there is something that Saben sees that would affect his team and he whines to NCAA.

Feb 14, 2014, 1:58 PM

This is a shame story as written. Making it out that Saban is the only one and sole genesis of complaints about the HUNH. Like its some sort of Saban conspiracy. AS if he's some sort of boogie man. Sophomoric.

The point of the HUNH is to take defensive calls and coaches out of the game. You don't think thats a legitimate gripe?

And how do you know injuries you see are faked? You don't. If you boo the player you may be booing a seriously injured player.

If it's a seriously injured player, they need to get off the

Feb 14, 2014, 2:00 PM

field as soon as they can and under-go tests to be sure there is no other damage.

Not be on the field a few plays later

Clemson

If his gripe is that he doesn't have enough time to make his

Feb 14, 2014, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hood: Saban's whining might change the HUNH ]

call. Then he should present his case.

Saying it is a player safety issue is a load of bull. He doesn't seem to be too worried about player safety when he is playing grossly physically overmatched teams like Chattanooga and Georgia St.

Feb 14, 2014, 5:59 PM

OK, go ahead and call me a sexist but did anyone notice how many women are on the over-site rules committee? It seems to me those are decisions that should be made by those who actually played the game on that level. Geez I'm so sick of PC in the game of football.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First thing

Feb 15, 2014, 12:55 PM

I noticed too was how many Women were on the Rules Panel. Seems strange that this many women have over site of game they've never played.

Having women on a football panel is like having a community organizer as president and a secretary of State on the NCAA playoff committee. Oh wait, that's what we have now...

Feb 16, 2014, 5:20 PM

Here is my take. Nick Saban is noticing that his teams can compete against "like" teams. Like 9-6 lost to LSU he can stomach because he can take it to them in the NC game to the tune of 21-0 or throttle a Notre Dame team that runs a similar offense and defense scheme with less talent. His teams struggle against teams that, in the words of Ricky Bobby, "wanna go fast!" Even though they beat A&M this year, they still lost the Iron Bowl to a team that "wanna go fast" with talent and a great running attack and the Sugar Bowl against a team that "wanna go fast" and has a smaller more agile and hostile defense then his offense could handle.

He says the player can get hurt. And they do. It's called cramping by the end of the game (not significant because the teams that "wanna go fast" also have similar issues.)And every football player will tell you "hurt" is way different than "injured."

To me the bigger point is this. These teams are beatable and probably run the majority of their plays just under 29 ticks on the play clock because of package and wholesale substitution changes on the front line and the backfield.

Baylor was probably running plays the fastest this year. I bet that they were not running plays before 29 ticks on the game clock except to spike the ball to stop the clock in a two minute drill. Also, the "wanna go fast" offenses are predicated on personnel changes much like certain defensive packages. Therefore, defenses have just as much time to make wholesale changes as the offenses do seeing that the defense can make substitutions as long as the offense is substituting. If the "wanna go fast" teams do not execute, that means that you can run your "Turtle" offense to give your defense adequate time to rest.

To me, if Saban actually spent some time game planning and less time whining about HUNH, he would figure out how to beat these teams soundly rather than complain about how they cause "injuries" to defensive players.

Replies: 111
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic